World Grand Prix 2012

• From my view of Pool C.

Turkey seems still strong without Neslihan. Gozde is very stable in reception and Polen is playing quite well. They will fight against Cuba tomorrow and I think it will be very fun to watch. Although I still think Naz should consider using the middle more. It was rather strange to see that her connection to Eda wasn't very good considering they were together for more than 2 years in Fenerbahce.

Japan is playing without their strongest weapon Saori Kimura. If I didn't see any ghost who looks exactly the same as her, It's obvious that She stayed with crowds and didn't even train at all. the most positive thing for this team is their best MBs (Ai and Inoue) are eventually back. Ai played a great volleyball today against Turkey. If everything goes well, both of them will play as main MBs in the olympic games as well. They're a lot better than Araki and Iwasaka in every aspect.

Cuba is very fun to watch as well. Lots of young talented players are building a team. They just need to complete their balance. #13 Giel was extremely impressive. She seemed to be very ambitious all the time. I looked up and She is only 20 yo :what: IMO, She could possibly be another Carillo or Barros in the future.
    Palacio is also very good, although she sometimes makes a load of mistakes. Since there's no Carcaces nor Calderon, She should be the strongest weapon and she deserves to be :thumbup:

Everything here seems very interesting to me, so sad that only two matches left.

• I am agree with you except one thing..I think Japan's starting middles should be Ai and Araki(not Inoue)..Inoue performed really well last year especially at blocking but this year she seems to be totally out of shape..Araki was one of the leaders of the team in WOQT, and she showed that she must play in starting six in olympics, and don't forget that she was choosen best blocker in 2008 Olympic Games :D And I think Japan have to find a better player instead of Yamaguchi..I really don't understand how she starts as main player of Japan in every match..She isn't good at neither at attacking nor at receiving..Any player who can replace her except Kano?

• Yamaguchi plays as main OPP because She can work with the MB roles. Japanese team always has been playing with team works and She was quite good at it. But as you said, I can't say She is still good. She got blocked a lot of times against Turkey and Cuba. Kano isn't better than her unfortunately. I think Japan needs a player who can receive sometimes and work with the MBs. I don't know who though.

@ Kadir : Neriman didn't even participate in reception. Why is that? Gozde and Gulden(Gizem) were receiving all the balls and Neriman tried to hide all the time.

• Russia borders to China so then they can play for Asia too ;)

Actually that is all to do with politics, apart from Russia and Turkey (also got some land in Europe which is small but still larger than some European Countries) all part of the European political system, you have countries like Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan further in Asia that asked to participate in European Competitions. All other countries in Caucasus region is participating in Asian Competitions.

And Israel is completely different story, with countries like Jordan and Syria in the same area, still participating in Europe.

So it is basically based on the history and political strategy of the country.

• Yamaguchi plays as main OPP because She can work with the MB roles. Japanese team always has been playing with team works and She was quite good at it. But as you said, I can't say She is still good. She got blocked a lot of times against Turkey and Cuba. Kano isn't better than her unfortunately. I think Japan needs a player who can receive sometimes and work with the MBs. I don't know who though.

@ Kadir : Neriman didn't even participate in reception. Why is that? Gozde and Gulden(Gizem) were receiving all the balls and Neriman tried to hide all the time.

I don't know why Neriman didn't receive today..I think it was Motta's special tactic for this match because Korea's float serves are really dangerous so Motta didn't even give her a chance.Probably he wanted Neriman to concentrate only attaking...I think she will receive tomorrow against Cuba..

She loses her rythm when she tries to receive, since her reception is not good as well, Motta's choice makes sense. It would work better if there is Esra since Gülden is receiving with Esra for many years as two-receiver tactic :whistle:

• MVP for Italy: Piccinini, she's back in best shape :super: . Also Bosetti has done a good match.
    MVP for Poland: the refree and the line judges :rolll: :lol: :rolll:

Ahahah! :lol: I totally agree with you! The refree should be ban to volley! :tzz: TOO ERRORS! If she had a pair of glasses, Piccinini would have score 30 points..! GO Picci GO! :super:

Successo viene prima di Sudore soltanto nel vocabolario.

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's European Championships 2011
    Bronze Medal - Prediction Game - Men's European League 2012

• I am agree with you except one thing..I think Japan's starting middles should be Ai and Araki(not Inoue)..Inoue performed really well last year especially at blocking but this year she seems to be totally out of shape..Araki was one of the leaders of the team in WOQT, and she showed that she must play in starting six in olympics, and don't forget that she was choosen best blocker in 2008 Olympic Games :D And I think Japan have to find a better player instead of Yamaguchi..I really don't understand how she starts as main player of Japan in every match..She isn't good at neither at attacking nor at receiving..Any player who can replace her except Kano?

Except Kano in main roster the only one option is Risa Shinnabe, but she's still young and maybe too inexperinced. Others like Sakoda, Ebata or Ishida can't be used on Yamaguchi's position because they don't receive. Japan certainly is missing someone like Miyuki Takahashi.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Hodge instead of Tom, maybe Hugh allow another substitutes to enter the court, match should be really quick and easy win for USA.

• 25-10 first set. the ball could hardly pass the US blockers. very solid blocking game indeed.

please hugh use your bench players. oddly, tom cannot kill a ball.

It would be more odd if she could kill a ball I think :D

Yesterday against Germany she had 4 kills in 28 atts.

• Hodge on court and another reception error :D