Polish NT 2012

• I don't think Poland has a big chance to qualify to the Olympic Games in London. Their World Ranking is lower than Germany,Serbia and Russia. So, The European Qualification Tonurment is the only chance They can get the ticket. I'm not quite sure What Swiderek thinks about it now...

Setters : Milena Radecka, Katarzyna Skorupa
    OPPs : Katarzyna Skowronska-Dolata, Natalia Bamber-Laskowska,
    OHs : Anna Werblinska, Kinga Kasprzak, Elizabeta Skowronska, Anna Podolec, Karolina Kosek, Anita Kwiatkowska
    MBs : Agnieszka Bednarek-Kasza, Katarzyna Gajgal, Berenika Okuniewska, Gabriela Wojtowicz
    Liberos : Paulina Maj, Mariola Zenik

I think This roster looks very strong, Although Glinka is out...(I heard She wants to retire after this season, so Glinka playing in NT doesn't seem possible at the moment...)

It's indeed very difficult to choose OHs apart from Werblinska. Kasprzak is unhealthy very often, E.Skowronska doesn't want to play in NT as far as I know, Podolec...I don't know If she can still play as OH, Kosek, Personally I don't really think She deserves to be play in NT and Kwiatkowska plays as OPP usually...
    I have no idea actually :lol: Werblinska-Kasprzak duo seems the strongest OH line-up Poland could ever make for now.

About Setters...Skorupa obviously should be back to the Team. Radecka is a great setter IMO, but sometimes her sets are extremely predictable. besides She is playing absolutely well in Italy. Asia Wolosz can be a good choice too, but I prefer Skorupa as main setter.

OPPs... Kaczor doesn't seem in great shape, so I'd rather beg to Bamber. She can absolutely be useful, since She can play any position.

MBs... It's very obvious. Wojtowicz can be a fantastic choice. I know She doesn't have any technics, but her height may be very useful as well.

Liberos...no doubt.

• I actually think that Poland without Glinka is a bit weak. I mean they lost their REAL leader and a great player. She can play both as OPP and OH(which they DO need). I think they don't have so much problems in other positions comparing with OH position. Skorupa-Radecka, Skowronska, Bednarek-Okuniewska, Zenik-Maj. These players are really good players that can play in highest level. However I belive that in today's volleyball the winner depends on the scoring which come from OH. If you don't have a good scoring OH you can do nothing. Werblinska played fantastic in 2010 WGP and WCH but as you know she had some serious injuries that finished her top form and what I saw from Musznianka's games this year is that she still suffers from these injuries. :down: I used to think that Kasprak would be a good choice for OH position but her reception is really horrile(even worse than Hodge, Nikolic or Neriman :lol: ). I have never watched Elizabeta Skowronska but her stats looks better than Kasprak's. I don't think that Kwiatkowska( who doesn't play in her club so much) and Podolec would be a candidate for this position. Kosek-Werblinska seems to be the best duo. :thumbup: My starting seven for Poland: Skorupa-Skowronska, Kosek-Werblinska, Bednarek-Okuniewska, Maj.

• Of course the absence of Glinka (is it 100 % sure, she will not participate? ) is a big blow for Poland. On the other side, Skowronska knows now she will be a starting player, so maybe it gives her a confidence-boost. Skowronska is of course a player with great potential. She didn't show it in Fenerbahce last year, but at the ECH in Italy/Serbia she showed her class again. I don't know about her current shape in China. About Bamber: I didn't see many matches from her in Polish NT, so I can't give my opinion about her on international level.

The strongest part of Emil's roster is the MB-section. Bednarek and Okuniewska are two great MB :teach: Also Setter- and Libero-section are strong.

Weakest part is OH-section. Werblinska is a great player, but the other OHs aren't stable enough imo.

• I think Maja Tokarsa deserves to be in NT roster too considering her PlusLiga performance.Maybe not as starter but at least she must be at bench.Bednarek and Okuniewska have to play as starter for sure.

About setters,Sadurek is a very good setter and her sets are really quality but she plays very simple i think Skorupa is more creative than Sadurek,let's wait and see Skorupa after Serie A adventure.Wolosz is a very talented girl but still very unexperienced (Like Asuman from TUR) Belcik's best days were at past,she is not good as much as she was in 2005-2007.

About opposites,Kaczor is too unstable but she plays very well with Sadurek no doubt.I really wonder the last shape of Skowronska after China.If she comes as Brakocevic came to NT competition a big danger is waiting most of opponents (Lang Ping effect :win )

OH looks the weakest position of Poland since Swienewicz,Glinka and Jagielo left NT so Swiderek needs to find new talents to pick there.Werblinska is the best player right now.Kosek played a terrible ECH she is far away from her best shape.Kasparzak is probably the most talented girl but coach needs to work hard on her especially to her reception.Elizabeth Skowronska is one of the most stable OH in league i think but she was not playing for NT due to some reasons maybe she'll come back.Podolec's injury probably delayed her promising career,i wish her best.

Liberos : Sawicka was my favourite but sadly she got injured too.Maj's reception is a big problem.Zenik is like Gulden,Tzserlich,Cardullo.Playing her last moments for NT.I just wonder how Sliwa's daughter will suit NT :D

So my roster should be like this;

S: Sadurek,Skorupa
    MB: Bednarek,Okuniewska,Tokarska
    OH : Werblinska,Kasparzak,Kosek,Kwitakowska (E. Skowronska if possible)
    OPP: Skowronska,Kaczor
    L: Zenik,Maj

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I'm worried about Świderek's choices and we don't know if Skorupa and Zenik will be in roster this year. ;( Glinka wants to end her career and we should approve it. Unfortunately we don't have strong OH's. Kasprzak is too often injured and has weak reception, Kaczorowska's topic we know too much :D, E. Skowrońska plays quite good, but she doesn't want to play in NT and there is also Jaszewska, but on EC she shown us how she plays... On other positions we don't have problems. Maybe we should try convert one from OPPs or MBs convert to OH. In next years in NT should play younger players, for example Tokarska, Wojtowicz, Czyżnielewska, Polak, Nuszel, Medyńska
    If all players agree, roster can be quite good like emil announced. Natalia Bamber is universal player, so she can be OH instead of Podolec (in Bucarest she wasn't so good), other good choice can be Patrycja Polak (she can be also OPP) or Natalia Nuszel. For OPP substitute Kaczor is bad choice, because she's getting worse and worse. Konieczna and Kwiatkowska aren't in good shape either, trying young Czyżnielewska or Izabela Żebrowska should be better choice. If Zenik and Skorupa don't play, instead of them in roster probably will be Wołosz and Strasz. As MB Gajgał shouldn't be in main roster, maybe she'll be in wide group (now in Muszyna she's always on bench and she lost her good shape).

Roster:
    L: Maj, Zenik (Strasz)
    S: Skorupa, Radecka (Wołosz)
    MB: Bednarek-Kasza, Okuniewska, Wojtowicz, Tokarska (Gajgał)
    OH: Werblińska, Kasprzak, Kosek, E. Skowrońska (Polak, Bamber, Nuszel)
    OPP: Skowrońska-Dolata (Żebrowska, Czyżnielewska)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• ok nice topic to start...Glinka - Gosia changes her mind so often that I think nobody can now say what she will do in April/May :) but ok If she will not return...the weakest position of course OH...Werblinska is injured for almost 1,5 year and nobody knows how her health will be in May....for me the candidates are Podolec and Kosek, Kasprzak...I dont know if Ela Skowronska is an international level player...for me she is level of Ciaskiewicz, Staniucha, Witczak, Jaszewska, Konieczna...good league player but not an international level player...but who knows maybe she should get a chance...she was good at Universiade...Bamber for me is no option on OH...this poistion she never played (in club) and this is her weakest position I think...and she said she is no longer universal because she is playing Opp for 5 years and after Niemczyk left nobody else was trying her on other position...I remember her in one match on OH in WGP 2006 and that was disaster...and I dont think Bamber want to play in NT, she wants to be first player and she wouldnt not get there only to be bench player by Skowronska IMO (remember her being angry after ECH 09)...this I really miss in NT that before there were many players who can play everything and now nobody...I really would like to see Okuniewska on OH in some matches...or even Zebrowska, she is playing really well, but for which position, on Opp is Skowronska and every second player will be only on bench... MB young girls - Wojtowicz, Tokarska, Bednarek, Okuniewska...please no Gajgal anymore...libero and setters are clear

• Świderek and Polish Federation works really hard to convince Glinka to end her career in NT after this summer. Convince Gosia is number 1 for me. The second case is Skorupa in NT. She plays just great in Italy and she deserves place in NT. I like her sets, her style of set. Then I want to see healthy Werblińska in NT. We can always rely on Kasia Skowrońska so won't be writing about her, only that she is our 1st opposite. As second Opp I would see Bamber-Laskowska as many of you. At the moment Kaczor plays big drama.

I'm really interested does Ela Skowrońska will play in NT. She has got really great season and she could be useful. Anna Podolec is getting better and I hope she will has good end of season and will receive call to NT. Tomorrow at blokaut.net will be more news about her. Than Kasprzak and Kosek. Kasprzak don't know how to receive but attacks really good and she is very high but Kosek is much weaker in attack and very good in receive. If only Karolina would be in shape from 2010...

On the middle of net I would see Bednarek and Okuniewska as a main pair of MBs. Than Wojtowicz and Gajgał, if Kasia will play as on ECH 2009. I liked her quick balls with Skorupa and hope both girls will be in NT.

On libero Maj and Zenik. I don't know why after OG 2008 Mariola is not playing so well as in the past. I have strange thoughts, that she has got to weak training in Muszyna. Although Krysia Strasz is better and better and she can stir here.
    So this is my roster:

Setters: Skorupa, Radecka

Opp: Skowrońska, Bamber

Receivers: Glinka, Werblińska, Skowrońska E., Kasprzak/Podolec, Kosek

Middle: Bednarek, Okuniewska, Wojtowicz, Gajgał

Libero: Maj, Zenik.

• What about Rosner? How is her current shape? She can help the team a lot especially with the reception part, IMO.

• hmmm...her form is ...lets say not good... :) in some matches the reception was not bad, I saw the 3 matches of Impel this year but in that she was not playing good. I like Milena but I dont think she should play in NT once again...she has big problems with spiking for years and similar player (Kosek) is already in the roster

• I forgot to write Sieczka.She is playing quite well in PlusLiga too.I think she deserves to play in NT too as much as others.What do you think about her?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• hmmm...her form is ...lets say not good... :) in some matches the reception was not bad, I saw the 3 matches of Impel this year but in that she was not playing good. I like Milena but I dont think she should play in NT once again...she has big problems with spiking for years and similar player (Kosek) is already in the roster

I love Milena, but I must agree. I hope she will get back her form and have a nice club career, but I think she will not be on NT again. :(
    Maybe some day as coach. :)

• @ Starnight : Oh, Yes! So did I! She is absolutely better than any other OHs apart from Werblinska.

@ About Rosner : I miss her too, especially her poker face :teach:

• Sieczka also has chances to play in NT, when Neriman left Sopot it gave her chance to show her current shape :)

• hehe I know who we forget as OH - Frackowiak :lol:

• hehe I know who we forget as OH - Frackowiak :lol:

Not good choice at all :aww:

• The biggest problem of Polish NT are outside hitters. Other positions look quite well. This year it shouldn't to be such a big problem with OPP like before. There is Skowrońska, Żebrowska and Bamber. There are strong middle blockers : Bednarek, Okuniewska, and also some young girls like Tokarska and Martałek from PTPS Piła (I like her, she's got a potencial). We have never had any problems with libero, as a setter I would choose Skorupa. But OH ? Werblińska doesn't play actually this what she was playing year or two ago. Ela Skowrońska is in great shape, but we're not sure will she agree to play... Maybe Bamber could play as OH ?

What about Rosner? How is her current shape? She can help the team a lot especially with the reception part, IMO.

Rosner is absolutely out of shape. And the biggest dissapointment is that she doesn't even receive well. I was thinking that it'll change with time, but the time goes on and she still has huge problems with this, what she was always doing the best. Sorry to say that about Mrs. Capitain.

• Anna Podolec changed club and maybe in Russia she will has more comfortable terms to get back to good shape. I count on her as OH.
    Rosner plays in weak club, especially coach in Wroclaw is very weak in my opinion. He don't know how to rebuild player. Milena doesn't has chances to get back, unfortunately.
    Werblińska is getting better and better. She plays in starting six, what is good sign and I'm sure that she will play much better.

• As like all Polish media writes, today Swiderek is going on tour to Italy and Turkey to talk with Skorupa, Okuniewska and Glinka. Some journalists are writing that there is chance to Gosia comeback, some other that Glinka doesn't pick up the phone and her husband was in Radom at Enea Cup and he only had "mysteriously smile".

• Finally, someone has reminded about Skorupa :)

I hope that Glinka will be back in NT and I have a good feeling... ;)