Brazil NT 2012

• Brazil had a bad new yesterday.

Giba had a fracture in his tibia over stress, passed 45 days and since the recover was not as Cimed doctors and NT doctors expected he will have to pass by a surgery, meaning he is out of the rest of Brasilian league.

No one knows yet if he will be able to recover in time for the Olympic Games, but the expectation is that he can come back playing in may. :(

Its sad, cause last season he finaly could find his good shape and game again....I do hope he can recover, he is very important as a leader no matter what.

• Bernardinho first call for this season...Ricardinho is back! :)

source: melhordovolei.com.br

Setters:

Bruninho
    Marlon
    Ricardinho
    William

Opp.:

Leandro Vissoto
    Lorena
    Théo
    Wallace Jansen
    Wallace Souza

Outside Hitters:

Dante
    Giba
    João Paulo Bravo
    Maurício
    Murilo
    Ricardo Lucarelli
    Thiago Alves

Midle Blockers:

Éder
    Gustavo
    Henrique Randow
    Lucão
    Rodrigão
    Sidão

Liberos:

Escadinha
    Mário Jr.

• Is this list official?

• Thanks for the answers :flower:

• Where is Sergio? Is he going to play on the Olympics?

• Thank you, I didn't know that :) What does it mean?

• Wow, I haven't really expected to see Ricardo back as long as the coach of Brazil NT is Rezende. I haven't seen him playing for quite long time so I'm glad and hope to see him on WL :)

Can you tell me a few words about Lorena, Maurício and Henrique Randow?

• Brazil started to play weaker, they don't have this power like years ago. Thank God, that Ricardo is back, maybe he will change something, especially, that he's one of the best in the world(like not the best).

• Brazil started to play weaker, they don't have this power like years ago. Thank God, that Ricardo is back, maybe he will change something, especially, that he's one of the best in the world(like not the best).

I agree..I think that Ricardo could the right player to make them play as some years ago..of course, as I :whistle: support Italy I hope they won't be unbeatable as in the past!! :whistle:
    anyway we mustn't remember that they've won the world championship in 2010 with Bruno and Marlon..

• Well, It is not 100% yet that he will be back, like I said, It is not official host, but everything looks like It is going to happen!

Many sites talking about it here in Brasil right now, and also in tv.

Looks like Ricardinho wants to fix the mistake he did in 2007. And he and Bernardinho already talked and get along. And also the players would like to see him back. So If everything goes right He might come back for World League. I hope so, I personaly dont like Marlon, and I think that was the biggest fall of Bernardinho last season..I still cant understand Bruninho in bench for him! I believe things could have gone really different for Brazil if Bruninho was playing.

We should also remember, Murilo didnt have a good year, mentally I mean, he had to pass by a lot with the lost of the baby and everything. :(

• Wow, I haven't really expected to see Ricardo back as long as the coach of Brazil NT is Rezende. I haven't seen him playing for quite long time so I'm glad and hope to see him on WL :)

Can you tell me a few words about Lorena, Maurício and Henrique Randow?

Lorena is an experienced opposite, If Im not mistaken he has already played in ITaly, and also in other leagues in Europe. He is not young anymore, but has a lot of energy, and when he is with that energy he can make incredible matches. Dispute that, I dont think he can take the space from Vissotto, Theo or Wallace.

Maurício is an OH, he had already been in NT before, he played for Pinehrios SKy together with Giba, but didnt make a good season back then, but this season he came back making a good performance playing for Cruzeiro. I think he can be really important for Brasil. And he is very young, only 22 years old...so a good future for Brasil!

Henrique is an MB, he played for Brasil NT many times already. Maybe you remember him. He was the last cut before the Olympic Games in 2004. He played for Minas this season, and come back playing well too, but I dont see him taking any of our MB, Lucão, Sidão, Éder are ahead of them I believe.

• I agree..I think that Ricardo could the right player to make them play as some years ago..of course, as I :whistle: support Italy I hope they won't be unbeatable as in the past!! :whistle:
    anyway we mustn't remember that they've won the world championship in 2010 with Bruno and Marlon..

They didn't convince on this WCH

• Lorena to me is just a mediocre opposite. Since the preliminary roster limit was upped to 25 there are going to be players that have no real chance of making the team but were included in the list. I am very happy to see Ricardinho back with the team but I don't think his return will have a huge effect. Bruno has grown over the past years and has become a quality setter and Ricardinho has aged. I agree that I don't think Marlon is a particularly impressive setter and we'll see if they can turn things into a real battle at the setting position. Brazil's biggest problem is their opposite. Theo is a good player but I don't think he's an elite opposite that Brazil can expect to win gold with. Either of the Wallace's are more physical and I think with greater experience could be the answer to Brazil's problems, but they lack experience and there may not be enough time. Vissotto is great when he's playing well but horrible when he's not. He is the key to Brazil's success, IMO. I'd like to see him be more aggressive and assertive on the floor.