Turkey NT 2012

• I can't imagine Guidetti leaving GER NT and going to Turkey. It's seems to be unfair to German girls who trust him a lot (as I know). I would understand some others choices but Turkey is one of the main rival of Germany!

As for Barbollini I can say that he used to be one of my favourites coaches. After London 2012 I'm angry at him but still I believe that he's a great coach.

There is no objectice reason for Motta's dismissal. In my opinion he didn't use all Turkish potential during the 2012 OG but in general he is doing a great job. It's stupid to change coaches so often.

• Turkish Volleyball federation didn't extend Marco Motta's contract.He is not Turkey NT coach anymore :thumbdown: Thank you Motta for the great job you did in last two years :flower:

Source : http://www.voleybolunsesi.com/…p?cid=07&id=15378&topic=2

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I really don't understand this decision. Turkey NT won bronze medal both in Europe and Grand Prix, succeeded to qualify for Olympic Games, at the moment it is the 7th best ranked team in the world. These all happened while Motta was the coach, and our "clever" federation somehow wasn't willing to extend his contract. I thought Motta's health condition was the problem but from what I read it is the federation who didn't want to extend the contract.

Not only the success but also the qualty of the team has improved with Motta. The team has played as a team not as a Neslihan-centred team in recent compititions. Blocking and the defence abilities of the team was getting better. Plus he wasn't working only with the senior team but also with the junior one which won gold medal in 2011 Youth European Championship, World Championship and 2012 Junior European Championship.

Really clever decision by TVF :down:

• I thought Motta's health condition was the problem but from what I read it is the federation who didn't want to extend the contract.

During in an interview with Erol Unal Kayabik after Olympics,he said that they wanna continue with Motta untill the end of 2016 ( It's must be a mutual decision ) but he added that his place in federation is still not guarantee coz of elections and Motta's place is much safer than him coz his contract is still valid untill December but Unal Karabiyik has elections in september so these words sounds for me that Motta also want to continue.Just a few weeks ago he was watching youth academy matches :thumbdown:

• Motta made a statement to the media today and it seems he is a bit disappointed in terms of how they part the ways. Actually it is not a surprise for me, as StarNight said, it was an expected decision. Thank you for everything Motta. I have always supported him and respect his decisions during 2 years. He has great contributions on Turkish Women Volleyball's rising momentum for sure, but he failed at the most important competition, 2012 Olympics. No matter how the group was difficult, he must find a way through the next round but he failed and 2012 Olympics took a place in our minds as a complete failure even though getting a part there was first for us. To sum up, I am ok about the decision. This is life, there will be always new managements and new faces. Good luck in your life, Motta.

• Motta made a statement to the media today and it seems he is a bit disappointed in terms of how they part the ways. Actually it is not a surprise for me, as StarNight said, it was an expected decision. Thank you for everything Motta. I have always supported him and respect his decisions during 2 years. He has great contributions on Turkish Women Volleyball's rising momentum for sure, but he failed at the most important competition, 2012 Olympics. No matter how the group was difficult, he must find a way through the next round but he failed and 2012 Olympics took a place in our minds as a complete failure even though getting a part there was first for us. To sum up, I am ok about the decision. This is life, there will be always new managements and new faces. Good luck in your life, Motta.

I don't think you can say he failed at the 2012 Olympics. The route in which Turkey qualified, through the Euro qualifier was about as tough of a road as possible for them and they were able to succeed in qualifying. All of their losses came against higher ranked, and quite frankly better teams. I also think it's unfair for the coach to solely be the object of blame. Neslihan played very poorly at times and I doubt you would blame her for the failure.

Turkey will continue to do well regardless of who their next coach is because the strength of their domestic league. It will definitely be an interesting change. Who are the top candidates to replace Motta?

• I don't think you can say he failed at the 2012 Olympics. The route in which Turkey qualified, through the Euro qualifier was about as tough of a road as possible for them and they were able to succeed in qualifying. All of their losses came against higher ranked, and quite frankly better teams. I also think it's unfair for the coach to solely be the object of blame. Neslihan played very poorly at times and I doubt you would blame her for the failure.

Turkey will continue to do well regardless of who their next coach is because the strength of their domestic league. It will definitely be an interesting change. Who are the top candidates to replace Motta?

Actually i didn't say he failed in general, what i said is that he failed at the most important tournament, 2012 Olympics. During the tournament Neslihan's performance was poor, not even close to her general performance and it might be valid for many players in the squad showing bad performances at times as well. I agree about that. But my point is Motta was the coach and that makes him first responsible for everything in my consideration. Statistics, rankings etc. don't say everything. Turkey had enough potential to go far for many people including me but simply didn't manage to qualify. Anyway, i still feel pain whenever i remember that tournament. All i can say Motta gave SOS at that tournament and caused comprising question marks in our minds. Because of that continuing without him was an expected decision.

As already mentioned in this topic, Guidetti and Barbolini are the main candidates for this job. I don't have idea which one is better for the team but i just can't imagine Turkish NT leading by Guidetti would compete against German NT at the next EC in Germany. I think it is impossible for now to see Gui as the Turkey NT coach.

• Turkey became too big for Motta anyway his tactics were poor he kept repeating same thing over and over... Turkey Nt was one of the best in that tournament but he couldn't prepare them mentally that was clear made many poor and late choices etc

• Turkey became too big for Motta anyway his tactics were poor he kept repeating same thing over and over... Turkey Nt was one of the best in that tournament but he couldn't prepare them mentally that was clear made many poor and late choices etc

While many people share the same arguments, as i said in my previous post, i have never criticized his decisions. Because he was consistent and had his own style. For sure he tried to do the best for the team. Again thank you Motta for your contributions to Turkish Volleyball.

• According to this article Federation agreed with Massimo Barbolini for 4 years and they will announce it next week.

Source : http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…lini-allenera-la-turchia/

• According to this article Federation agreed with Massimo Barbolini for 4 years and they will announce it next week.

Source : http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…lini-allenera-la-turchia/

:down: :whistle: :white:

Motta > Barbolini :teach:

• Not signing with again was a joke but signing with Barbolini is more than that, this is scandal :aww:

Didn't he resign from ITA NT due to his will to work with a club in addition to NT, now Turkish Federation will let him work in GS as well :wall:

Barbolini didnot raise any star in italian NT (C. Bosetti doesn't count, she was already born as a star :rose: ) He seems successful on the paper however I don't think he is a strong coach. We saw how much he can be influenced by the veterans in the team thanks to his choice in OG and in GS :roll:

• The ex-coach of turkish NT is on sports TV and he discusses the background story of his elimination.

He tells many interesting facts. Like there is a small gorup in the federation who did not want him about 2 years ago, when he was invited to Turkey and signed for the NT. After that signing they wanted re-sign the contract but they solved the problem. He believes the federation is not transparen and he wants to know the reasons about his situation now and he is very sad. He also sad that he wanted to continue to work with the NT but the federation didnt want to.

They also said, that Barbolini will be the new coach and the federation started with talks about one month ago behind his back.
    Obviously, there are some strange things going on and I am not happy with that kind of behaviour.

• It was sad to hear Motta's last words :down: Motta was really working hard for Turkey NT's future.He was watching the youth league matches in istanbul he didn't only care about Senior team also youth categories was important for him,any other foreign coach wouldn't do that as much as Motta did.I really didn't like our new federation and their managment yeah maybe Erol Unal Karabiyik had many faults in turkish league but he was about to prepare a bright future for national team.

With Barbolini 2013 ECH roster will be like this

S:Arzu Gollu,Bahar Mert
    OH: Pelin Yuce,Violet Duca,Natalia Hanikoglu
    OPP: Mesude Kuyan
    MB : Ozlem Ozcelik,Aysun Ozbek,Cigdem Rasna
    L : Necla Guclu , Izolda Korfez

:aww: :lol: Kidding ehh,anyway i wish best for Barbolini and his staff hope he can bring a good momentum for NT.

Are you talking about the Olympics? Turkish NT one of the best teams of that tournament? :lol:

Turkish NT has improved a lot but not quite there against all the quarter finalists. I'm not even talking about USA, surging Brazil, Japan and China. Even Korea which had KYK. May be next Olympics but not this one.