The 2012 CEV European Qualification Tournament to the 2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• it will be interesting without Rus,Ita,Ger and Tur....i think for the final round the most probable candidate from Europe is Serbia.
    Usa,Bra,Chi,Jap,Tha and as sixth Korea or Serbia...anway, its good for Czech and Bulgarian teams<

• So the WGP will be in Brasil?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I pretty sure that they are lying about not been able to find an organizer :thumbdown:

Are they doing that to "punish" teams like Russia and Italy for their absence in European League?

Just a thought :whistle:

• I pretty sure that they are lying about not been able to find an organizer :thumbdown:

Are they doing that to "punish" teams like Russia and Italy for their absence in European League?

Just a thought :whistle:

Of course they are lying!
    CEV/FIVB :down:

• This is unbelievable...Can't imagine there would be no organizing country....I hope we will know the whole story as soon as possible... :wall: :wall:

Good news for NED!

• How can they "punish" Italy for their absence in EL ? Italy played in FIVB WGP 2012 so it was impossible to compete the same time in EL!

Turkey and Serbia played both in Grand Prix and EL so in fact it's possible to do this :D

• [quote='flyingdutchman',index.php?page=Thread&postID=175560#post175560]This is unbelievable...Can't imagine there would be no organizing country....I hope we will know the whole story as soon as possible... :wall: :wall:

Good news for NED![/quote

Of course it is, but the way of acting by CEV gives a bitter taste and is unacceptable!

• In my opinion, the European League is unnecessary. If CEV wants to have all teams taking participate on this tournament, then the regular European championschips will have no meaning. We will see each year an european championschips with the EL. It is maybe better for not so improved countries to take part but I think the old system with a Qualification tournament with 4 WGP tickets is better.

Volleyball players will be really exhausted if the play the regular league matches, EL, WGP AND European Championschips plus as bonus World CLub Champs, Wolrd Champs, Wolrd Cup etc. There are too many tournaments and FIVB and CEV has to change the system. Players need a rest as well.

• May CEV could select teams by lastest tournament results for next WGP,

for season 2013 WGP, Olympic Games results (2012)
    for season 2014 WGP, European Championships results (2013) :?:

• No, because not all teams participate in OG. The same, not all European teams participate in WGP and EL, so it should be special tournament.

But all teams were in Olympic qualification tournament (except Italy) or European championship :whistle:

• May CEV could select teams by lastest tournament results for next WGP,

for season 2013 WGP, Olympic Games results (2012)
    for season 2014 WGP, European Championships results (2013) :?:

olympic games are totally in a different level so any choice cant be made according to it imo,but EC 2012 tournament might be a solution for this situation

• But all teams were in Olympic qualification tournament (except Italy) or European championship :whistle:

I hope you see this note - 'except Italy', because it makes sense, that connecting qualifications for OG and WGP are totally wrong. Qualifications for OG starting in European Championships, than World Cup, European QT for OG and than eventually Intercontinental QT. Completely different cases. For me, it shouldn't be any qualifications. Europe should have about 8 places, that's it. But as I see Asia has got the main words to say.

• Here is my ranking of the Top 20 teams based on individual match results in FIVB and regional championships for the last 4 years (as of July 1st)

1. Brazil S-AM
    2. USA NORCECA
    3. China ASIA
    4. Japan ASIA
    5. Italy EUROPE
    6. Serbia EUROPE
    7. Russia EUROPE
    8. Germany EUROPE
    9. Thailand ASIA
    10. Poland EUROPE
    11. Turkey EUROPE
    12. Cuba NORCECA
    13. South Korea ASIA
    14. Dominican Republic NORCECA
    15. Netherlands EUROPE
    16. Puerto Rico NORCECA
    17. Argentina S-AM
    18. Peru S-AM
    19. Czech Republic EUROPE
    20. Croatia EUROPE

Of these top 20, here is the breakout by region
    Europe has 9
    Norceca has 4
    Asia has 4
    South America has 3
    Africa 0 (Algeria is 21st)

If the FIVB wants to keep the World GP at 16 teams.
    Europe should be at 6 or 7
    Norceca at 3 or 4
    Asia at 3 or 4
    South America at 2 or 3
    Africa 1 (they need participation in an annual league to encourage development of the game)

FIVB SHOULD GUARANTEE the following teams for the World GP:
    World Champion (4 years)
    Olympic Champion (4 years)
    World GP Champion (2 years)
    World Cup Champion (2 years)
    Highest ranking team from each region over last 2 regional championships (ensures the best of each region)
    * If a team has more than 1 guarantee, then it would go to the team who finished 2nd (similar to UEFA Champions League Qualification)