15. Maiko Kano
    16. Saori Sakoda
    17. Kanako Hirai

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• Maybe they are just coming back, until beginning of March both haven't played in league.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• megumi kurihara and nana iwasaka are out for japan team this coming 2012 london olympics....i feel sad for megumi...coach manabe instead included mizuho ishida....

• megumi kurihara and nana iwasaka are out for japan team this coming 2012 london olympics....i feel sad for megumi...coach manabe instead included mizuho ishida....

I think it is very fair decision. Both Ishida and Sakoda Saori play really well in preliminaries. Which MBs are selected for OG roster?

• Current players with chances to OG after cutting these 2:
    L: Sano, Zayasu
    S: Takeshita, Nakamichi
    MB: Inoue, Otomo, Araki, Hirai
    OH: Kimura, Ebata, Sakoda, Ishida
    OP: Yamaguchi, Kano, Shinnabe
    I think that others won't be included anymore or else Manabe wants to try anohter player, but it's too late

Probable 12 for London: Sano, Taksehita, Nakamichi, Inoue, Otomo, Araki, Kimura, Ebata, Sakoda, Yamaguchi, Kano, Shinnabe

• I think Ishida will be in instead of Shinnabe. By the way did Maiko Kano play in 2004 OG ?( I saw her name last 18 players but don't know did she make it to final roster?

• Did Maiko Kano play in 2004 OG ?( I saw her name last 18 players but don't know did she make it to final roster?

I don't think so :) Japan in Athens 2004:
    L: Ikumi Narita
    S: Yoshie Takeshita, Chie Tsuji
    MB: Ai Otomo, Tomoko Yoshihara, Sachiko Sugiyama, Kanako Omura
    WS (OH/OPP): Kana Oyama, Miki Sasaki, Megumi Kurihara, Miyuki Takahashi, Saori Kimura

• I think it is very fair decision. Both Ishida and Sakoda Saori play really well in preliminaries. Which MBs are selected for OG roster?

erika araki,ai otomo,kaori inoue are the middle blockers selected...hirai and iwasaka are out...

• erika araki,ai otomo,kaori inoue are the middle blockers selected...hirai and iwasaka are out...

Thanks for info :drink: What about second libero? or 4 OHs?

Indeed, the easiest way, can you right the final 12 roster of Japan :lol:

• JAPAN TEAM FOR OG 2012 ....SETTER:yoshie takeshita,hitomi nakamichi...WS:saori kimura,yukiko ebata,saori sakoda,mizuho ishida...OPP.maiko kano,mai yamaguchi,rissa shinnabe...MB's...erika araki,ai otomo,kaori inoue....LIBERO..yuko sano...it says in the japan website that mizuho ishida will be the reserve player and will come with the team

• JAPAN TEAM FOR OG 2012 ....SETTER:yoshie takeshita,hitomi nakamichi...WS:saori kimura,yukiko ebata,saori sakoda,mizuho ishida...OPP.maiko kano,mai yamaguchi,rissa shinnabe...MB's...erika araki,ai otomo,kaori inoue....LIBERO..yuko sano...it says in the japan website that mizuho ishida will be the reserve player and will come with the team

So I understand why there are 13, roster is expected

• So I understand why there are 13, roster is expected

yes you are right

• So, What now? Is Ishida going to London as well?

she is more likely to go with the team i think...lets have to wait and see...

• If I were the coach, I would not pick her at all. She played great in WGP but 2 players who play similar to her exist already in the team (S.Sakoda and Ebata) and Ishida can't receive well like Saori Kimura or Risa Shinnabe. I wouldn't be surprised If the coach finally cut.

• What about Nana Iwasaka? She is great MB. why she will not go? is she injure?

• I would include Kunihara instead of Ishida if I were Masanabe. Japan needs more 180+ players in the team.

• Nana Iwasaka is pretty talented but not as good as the others like Otomo, Inoue and Araki. She is only 22 and able to play the olympic games in Rio and even longer. I'm not surprised that She couldn't make it. About Kurihara, I think It's quite obvious. She had been injuried for a quite long time and obviously not able to play with other girls. In addition, She isn't in good form like in 07-08 season. I know Many people love her, but I think Maiko Kano is now in better shape than her.

About Height, I don't think It's going to matter that much. Japan's volleyball style is not like Russia neither Cuba. They always have played as a team with a lot of combinations. For example, Ebata and Sakoda are very short compared to other OHs but jump high hit strong and score well. Maybe this is the reason why we often find this team fun to watch.

• Nana Iwasaka is pretty talented but not as good as the others like Otomo, Inoue and Araki. She is only 22 and able to play the olympic games in Rio and even longer. I'm not surprised that She couldn't make it. About Kurihara, I think It's quite obvious. She had been injuried for a quite long time and obviously not able to play with other girls. In addition, She isn't in good form like in 07-08 season. I know Many people love her, but I think Maiko Kano is now in better shape than her.

But Nana Iwasaka was the best Japan MB. Inoue to me is the weakest MB.