Serbia NT 2012

• Hmm, I didn't notice that Nesovic is not in the roster anymore... Somewhat strange.

I don't know why Rakic is there, she's not that young anymore. She's a decent club player, but I doubt we'll have much use for her in the future.

Cikiriz and Busa are definitely prospects for the future, they're the stars of the team that won bronze at the youth WCh in Turkey, but they're still waaaay inexperienced at this level. Actually, seeing them on the team, I'm surprised there was no place for OH Nikolina Lukic (born in 1994), another member of the bronze team, because unlike them, she's already making a mark on the senior level. She plays for Crvena Zvezda and was the best scorer of the last match of the final series in the national championships, with very good stats in attack.

Thanks for information! :)

• Hmm, I didn't notice that Nesovic is not in the roster anymore... Somewhat strange.

I don't know why Rakic is there, she's not that young anymore. She's a decent club player, but I doubt we'll have much use for her in the future.

Cikiriz and Busa are definitely prospects for the future, they're the stars of the team that won bronze at the youth WCh in Turkey, but they're still waaaay inexperienced at this level. Actually, seeing them on the team, I'm surprised there was no place for OH Nikolina Lukic (born in 1994), another member of the bronze team, because unlike them, she's already making a mark on the senior level. She plays for Crvena Zvezda and was the best scorer of the last match of the final series in the national championships, with very good stats in attack.

Lukiç was also decent in reception too, she was almost playing for TED Ankara Kolejliler but then they didn't agree somehow.

I am also surprised that Serbia didn't use their 1994-1995 generation players. Because I think in that generation Serbia has best talented playeris with Turkey. (Italy aslo for sure)

In Turkey roster, all promising players from 1990-1994 generation are playing.I don't know why Büşra is playing though 8|

• i like Lukiç and the other one?? a blonde girl 187 cm tall?

I can only think of Ana Bjelica which is a great player. I've seen her play live, and she plays as an OH for the Junior NT although she is an OPP. She was great in attack against strong teams as Brazil and USA during the World Cup, which was her first major international competition for the senior NT

• Serbian roster for European League

Setters - Bojana Zivkovic, Danica Radenkovic
    OPPs - Ana Bjelica, Sanja Starovic
    MBs - Stefana Veljkovic, Milena Rasic, Nadja Ninkovic
    OHs - Jovana Vesovic, Tijana Malesevic, Jelena Blagojevic, Brankica Mihajlovic
    Libero - Suzana Cebic

Rasic will be the captain :D

Since Zivkovic is supposed to play as main setter, It's gonna be a great chance to show her own talents.

• No dragana Marinkovic?? :rose:

• No dragana Marinkovic?? :rose:

I love Dragana and I also wanted to see her in this list. But for her beauty, not for her performances. :lol: :lol:

• Stefana Veljkovic broke her thumb and is probably going to skip the Olympics :white:

This year is definitely cursed for Serbia. :thumbdown:

From the photos on FIVB site I think it's the ring finger, not the thumb, that's a little bit less serious. I remember Ognjenovic played ECH 2005 with a broken finger, so maybe there is some hope for Veljkovic.

But yes, Serbia is definitely cursed. What's the current status of Molnar and Antonijevic? Will they recover in time?

• Stefana Veljkovic broke her thumb and is probably going to skip the Olympics :white:

This year is definitely cursed for Serbia. :thumbdown:

Damn it! She already miss almost half season because of injury last year :down: Whose gonna be 3rd MB of Serbia in absence of her? Sladjana Eric or Marinkoviç would be good options due to their experience but I don't know why Terziç doesn't prefer to use them. Also according to statistics Ninkoviç seems in a good form :whistle:

• Damn it! She already miss almost half season because of injury last year :down: Whose gonna be 3rd MB of Serbia in absence of her? Sladjana Eric or Marinkoviç would be good options due to their experience but I don't know why Terziç doesn't prefer to use them. Also according to statistics Ninkoviç seems in a good form :whistle:

Ninkovic is better than both. I think she will be starting MB for Serbia in the next few years because she's the only one of their MBs who can run the slide very well.

• It doesn't look like thumb injury indeed :P

But according to Terzic, it's serious and she most likely won't make it to London. If that happens, I think (and hope) that Ninkovic will replace her.

• Serbian roster for the 3rd round in Bankok.

Setters - Zivkovic, ?
    OPPs - Starovic, Bjelica
    MBs - Ninkovic, Stevanovic
    OHs - Molnar, Vesovic, Blagojevic, Lazarevic, Malesevic, Mihajlovic
    Libero - ?

What a weird roster :what: there's no setter and no libero...If they really go to bankok, either Molnar or Blagojevic should play libero... only 2 MBs in the roster looks pretty strange as well.
    Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Veljkovic, Rasic, Krsmanovic and Cebic are out.

Source - http://www.ossrb.org/news-main…tra-a-druga-u-utorak.html

• It says Molnar will play as Libero, but there are only 11 players, they probably forget to write 12th player, one more setter :down: