The 2013 CEV Champions League

• So we already have wild cards to Azerrail, Fenerbahçe?, Musyzna, Dresden, Dinamo Bucaresti.

I know Piacenza and Urbino would try to aply for wild card too, but looks like they didnt get, what a surprise..hehehe)

• CEV want to earn money, so they decrease the number of participants from 16 maybe to 20 or 24. It is possible, they will bring a new formula without country limit and try to re-organize the finals. But most importantly, they have to change the ranking list, and change some rules. They should ask their friends from basketball or soccer for some advices !

• In men competition there are even 28 teams but no country has more than 3 spots so I think it will be the same for women (concerning spots per country). I also heard that it looks like Galatasaray got a wild card instead of Fenerbahce, but there is nothing official yet...

• Fenerbahce like meteorite is burning in atmosphere.. still see the light on the sky.. where will it disappear..

• I hope Fenerbahce will resign from Doha and strong Team will go there so Cannes and Kazan.

• Wish there was a way to get both teams (Gala and Fener) to CL this year! :sos:

• no one can give a plausible reason to it, if fenerbahce (as the title holder and third in the local league) doesn't receive a wc, but any other turkish team does.

some rumors say that, fenerbahce won't receive a wc because they didn't stay in the hotel reserved by the organization during the last f4.
    if this is true, this is the worst reason to penalize a club in such a way. (barring of course if this somehow hindered doping tests, but i cannot see how it could)

• Voleybolmagazin.com releases a new bomb, Galatasaray get the wild card :lol:

• no one can give a plausible reason to it, if fenerbahce (as the title holder and third in the local league) doesn't receive a wc, but any other turkish team does.

some rumors say that, fenerbahce won't receive a wc because they didn't stay in the hotel reserved by the organization during the last f4.
    if this is true, this is the worst reason to penalize a club in such a way. (barring of course if this somehow hindered doping tests, but i cannot see how it could)

Wild Cards never has a logic, remember Telekom get the Wild Card instead of Vakıfbank due to a stupid reason about different city rule which CEV never care about after that season :roll:

Since there is a such demand, they should increase the number of teams as they did in male version. Or the best case to make agreement with teams like World league or Euroleague in Basketball :tzz: So teams would know that they will play in CL or not, so it would be easier to make plan of the next season and transfer proper players.

And I really don't get what is point to make 3 teams quota. It works very well in basketball indeed :mad:

• Wild Cards never has a logic, remember Telekom get the Wild Card instead of Vakıfbank due to a stupid reason about different city rule which CEV never care about after that season :roll:

Since there is a such demand, they should increase the number of teams as they did in male version. Or the best case to make agreement with teams like World league or Euroleague in Basketball :tzz: So teams would know that they will play in CL or not, so it would be easier to make plan of the next season and transfer proper players.

And I really don't get what is point to make 3 teams quota. It works very well in basketball indeed :mad:

Theoretically WC do not follow a certain logic, but practically they do. If you want to, you can check which teams received WCs in recent competitions. CEV always consider the ranking of the national competitions when distributing WCs. The example you have given about VGS vs TT cannot be considered as norm, it was because of a rule that was stupid but was in effect at that time and was changed after that period.

I am not saying this because the team i am supporting can be left out of the competition, but the title holder should never never be left out of a competition. I said the same thing two years ago when bergamo was almost left out the competition, when they were in danger of not finishing the italian league at the top spots and didn't have the chance to receive a Wc cause italy already had 3 spots in CL.

• Burcu Hakyemez (Ntvspor) : Galatasaray will play in CL instead of Fenerbahce

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Azerbaijan with 3 TEAMS in CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!

As per the latest European Ranking List – which takes into consideration the results of the last three European Cups season preceding the one that was just completed this past April – and the files submitted by the various National Federations, the following clubs were retained for the 2013 CEV Volleyball Champions League – Women:

Rabita BAKU (AZE)
    RC CANNES (FRA)
    ASPTT MULHOUSE (FRA)
    SCHWERINER SC (GER)
    Yamamay BUSTO ARSIZIO (ITA)
    MC-Carnaghi VILLA CORTESE (ITA)
    Atom Trefl SOPOT (POL)
    Tauron MKS DABROWA GORNICZA (POL)
    2004 Tomis CONSTANTA (ROU)
    Dinamo KAZAN (RUS)
    Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS)
    Uralochka-NTMK SVERDLOVSK REGION (RUS)
    Crvena Zvezda BEOGRAD (SRB)
    Eczacibasi VitrA ISTANBUL (TUR)
    Vakifbank ISTANBUL (TUR)

Additionally, wild-cards were assigned by the CEV to the following clubs:

Azerrail BAKU (AZE)
    Lokomotiv BAKU (AZE)
    Agel PROSTEJOV (CZE)
    DRESDNER SC (GER)
    Robur Tiboni URBINO (ITA)
    Bank BPS Fakro MUSZYNA (POL)
    Dinamo Romprest BUCURESTI (ROU)
    Volero ZÜRICH (SUI)
    Galatasaray ISTANBUL (TUR)

• Italy with 3teams again :cheesy: before F4 they will meet each other, so that there will be one team from Italy in F4 :aww:

• Italy with 3teams again :cheesy: before F4 they will meet each other, so that there will be one team from Italy in F4 :aww:

There will also be 3 for Poland, 3 for Turkey, 3 for Azebaijan, 3 for Russia...I dont see the problem...I think is fair enough

actually surprises me the CEV gave Italian team wild card, they never do that. But I think is fair, Italy still second in rank..

• ıts jst unfair that last champion is out of CL, big joke; no matter how team they build are