The 2013 CEV Champions League

• not sure.
    i saw it yesterday. but it could be there a while ago.

new cl handbook is however dated to 30.03.2012

They are not professional, i am convinced about this fact anymore. purely pathetic decision... it is really hard to believe.

Their ranking criteria is also purely pathetic. i guess all dominant characters of them in CEV have apparently no idea about arithmetic. Just look at this item;

- In each Cup only one team of a country can get points for the ranking list, namely the team which is ranked best in the respective Cup at the end of the season. That is, maximum three teams of a country can gain points for the ranking list. In case one National Federation participates with a team in a CUP COMPETITION and has to move to another CUP COMPETITION for which this same National Federation did not register at all, then the team gets only the points from the competition in which it reached the highest amount of points.

If a country has more teams at the hardest league, then it is expected that the country should gain points from all of its competitors considering mathematics. Instead, just one team being the most successful one has an affect to the ranking. Then, where is advantage to participate to the hardest league with more teams?

It is hard to respect this association...

• You wanted to say only Silver in 2010, only Bronze in 2011 and at least and maybe last Gold, didn't You? And yes World Club Championships Gold where They play only one real match against Osasco.

First of all you should respect teams and their organizations, Lots of people working there for certain goals. And if taken by any kind of silly (other than sportive) decision, everybody need to be sorry for that.

So it is not a matter of laughs and smileys. What you can do as Poland, is try to build big clubs like FBU and Eczaci.

Now I can see your style. So end of the conversation !

• You wanted to say only Silver in 2010, only Bronze in 2011 and at least and maybe last Gold, didn't You? And yes World Club Championships Gold where They play only one real match against Osasco.

It is generally not worth to discuss with you. you know that, right?

• Is it true that the CEV refused a Wild Card to Fenerbahce because of 'bad behaviour' during F4 in Baku ???

( this is what Google Translator tells me, after translating an interview with Turkish Federation-president)

• Is it true that the CEV refused a Wild Card to Fenerbahce because of 'bad behaviour' during F4 in Baku ???

( this is what Google Translator tells me, after translating an interview with Turkish Federation-president)

Yes, stuff like; not staying at the same hotel and etc. Totally idiotic.

Leaving out ex-champion, this is unbelievable.

unfortunately it is true. (at least that was the reason given by CEV to the tvf president.
    there were several "misbehaviours".
    first fbu refused to stay at the hotel, reserved by the organization comity.
    then they didn't wear the jerseys they were told to, accepting financial sanctions thereof.
    the manager didn't participate to a meeting (or several meetings, i am not clear on that)
    lastly when andrew meyers asked the manager to a meeting she didn't reply.

a week ago cev sent a mail to tvf that they are not willing to consider fbu as a wc candidate because they disrespect cev authority. (basically asking for an apology)
    fb administrator claims that they never received such a message from tvf.

so i am quite confused here.

it is certain that some officials of fbu team are at fault here. it could be a minor issue when handled correctly and on time. it seems to me that some people (don't know whether it is from tvf side or fb side) deliberately or not are causing the club to suffer the consequences.

• Thank you very much for the information, Groucho :flower: :flower:

• Very good decision by CEV. If Someone thinks that big money in back gives rights to do everything without rules.. may watch CL only on TV.

• Very good decision by CEV. If Someone thinks that big money in back gives rights to do everything without rules.. may watch CL only on TV.

So if Fener would've reached the finals in Turkish league was CEV going to accept them regardless ?

I doubt it's a case of not following rules and if so CEV never issued a warning, penalty or fine.
    And let's say Fener did violate the rules, then why is CEV accepting Fener in CEV CUP ?

bartek,
    please once in your life behave like a compassionate human being and refrain from adding salt to injury.
    you may be right in what you are saying, but there is a good time to say it and this isn't it.
    fenerbahce fans, players didn't deserve this (even if all the blame lies within the club, yet i highly doubt it does). they feel cheated and angry.
    imagine a huge fan base constantly being put down for the last 11 months, don't expect ever single one of them to behave logically.

flyingdutchman

np. ^^

• groucho I can't imagine that Fenerbahce pause in CL may destroy Fans temper, more that They haven't distance to that.

• groucho I can't imagine that Fenerbahce pause in CL may destroy Fans temper, more that They haven't distance to that.

see that's the problem. you can't imagine, and i don't expect you to.
    it is not all about wc, not even about volleyball. fenerbahce is being lynched all year long (match-fixing saga in football), and fans suffer the most for things they are not part of.
    this wc thing is another wound they have to nurse. there is a limit to the amount of wounds a person can endure before snapping.

• see that's the problem. you can't imagine, and i don't expect you to.
    it is not all about wc, not even about volleyball. fenerbahce is being lynched all year long (match-fixing saga in football), and fans suffer the most for things they are not part of.
    this wc thing is another wound they have to nurse. there is a limit to the amount of wounds a person can endure before snapping.

So explain Me why does, in Your opinion, Everyone spade downs under Fenerbahce?

• I think it is because in Italy the system follows by the final qualification in regular season, not playoffs. So Urbino and Piacenza were the only ones qualified to play CEV Cup...in that way the only ones that could aply..and Urbino alredy is CEV Cup Champion, Piacenza has no history in european cups..I guess that is why....though I agree with you guys, Piacenza deserved better.

• So explain Me why does, in Your opinion, Everyone spade downs under Fenerbahce?

it is a subject way too long and way off topic to be discussed here.
    basically fenerbahce fans think they their club is being made a subject to a conspiracy.other fans being other fans poke them with insults at every opportunity.

if you are really interested you can read one opinion about what's been happening, you can read this article. (not altogether objective, but you can take the jist)
    http://www.turkeyemergency.com…fenerbahce-akp-fethullah/

• I felt like some info is needed, about Fenerbahce other than volleyball;

Basically Fenerbahce is one of the biggest Sports Club in the world, be it number of athletes, number of sport branches or the successes.

Fenerbahçe is a multi-sports club and competes in football, basketball, volleyball, athletics, swimming, sailing, rowing, boxing and table tennis with many major honours won in each branch.
    For ex: The table tennis team won European Champs. Last week.

In Amateur branches like swimming, boxing,table tennis,etc, Fenerbahce sends high percentage of athletes to Olympics. Fenerbahce gives great importance to Amateur branches in all age groups and generally development of Sport in Turkey. Has got over 1520 athletes registered to the club.

Volleyball is only a small fraction of this huge club, that tries to compete for the top in every sports undertakes.

That is the reason Fans use to call Fener as; "The Republic of Fenerbahce."

Think the info would be useful.

• I think Fenerbahce's Players didn't want to sleep in hotel where was Ilgar. We remember how has ended story with Jenny Barazza in bus.. He is secret weapon of Azerbaijan's Clubs- to pollinate Players from other foreign Clubs and to make them weaker.

And We know that Ilgar is so sexy that Noone Woman can't say NO to Him. Even I don't know if I could say NO to Him :rolll:

Hahahah =))))))))))))))))) Bartek- you are crazy, man! =) Unbelievable! ) I can not be angry with you )

• I see that everybody is surprised about that Fenerbahçe is discarded from the competition however I think it was a good move to show that success in a sport is not only thing cared about! According to CEV's explanation and TVF president's interviews, FB didn't obey the rules and disrespect the authority of CEV. Since FB is a very powerful club in football, they always think that they have the same power in every sport and they can do whatever they want, which is obviously not the case in volleyball.

This punishment would teach them not to behave CEV as they do to TVF :roll: They would realize finally that they are not the king and do whatever they want. If there is a rule, 'Great FB' also would obey :whistle:

TVF president already explained the case very well. There is no right in Wild Card. There is only invitations. If you have somehow problems with the association which is on charge of giving WCs, it is obvious that you cannot take one. Moreover, with rosterwise view, nobody can claim that FB deserves more that GS :roll:

• There will also be 3 for Poland, 3 for Turkey, 3 for Azebaijan, 3 for Russia...I dont see the problem...I think is fair enough

actually surprises me the CEV gave Italian team wild card, they never do that. But I think is fair, Italy still second in rank..

5 countries have 3 representitives, hovewer it would be really annoying because CEV would probably make some arrangement to make one team per these countries in Final 4 :down: