The 2013 CEV Champions League

• besides any polemics, congratulations to Vakifbank! they showed they were the strongest team in Europe, dominating the final 4! congrats to the girls and to Guidetti of course!! it was a pleasure to see them play today! :cup: and congrats also to the MVP Brakocevic! :obey:

• Zè Roberto was able to win a Champions League with a team(Fenerbahce) which was like Rabita, made of great and very expensive individual players, without need of many years of hard work... :whistle:
    Abbondanza is just a loser, as well as Rabita's management. :down: They wasted their huge amount of money for players like Cruz and Skorupa who are good, but definitely not players who can make you win a Champions League. And everybody knows that Gruen is wonderful as OPP, but as OH she is not so special and cannot make a big difference. Everybody knows that, except Abbondanza and Rabita's management. They are losers, as they always have been. :thumbdown:

FB-starting-six last year was probably one of the best in CL-history (Naz-Sokolova-Kim-Tom-Fabiana-Eda)...AND they had a good team-chemistry, thanks to Ze Roberto :teach: (unlike their roster in the season before, as Vakifbank won their first title).

Rabita's current roster is MUCH weaker than FB-roster last year :win:

I totally agree about Skorupa and Cruz :win:

If Rabita ever wants to win the CL, they need to change their policy :teach:

• Big congratulations to Vakıfbank. They showed their huge power once more. Now i'm sure that vakıfbank is the best team in the world right now. Also i expected gözde is mvp, brako is best spiker and fürst is best blocker. Individual awards of champions league is always like a joke. Never understood.

• Big congratulations to Vakıfbank. They showed their huge power once more. Now i'm sure that vakıfbank is the best team in the world right now. Also i expected gözde is mvp, brako is best spiker and fürst is best blocker. Individual awards of champions league is always like a joke. Never understood.

I completely agree with you! Godze deserved that award, she was so aggressive, full of adrenaline!

• Zè Roberto was able to win a Champions League with a team(Fenerbahce) which was like Rabita, made of great and very expensive individual players, without need of many years of hard work... :whistle:
    Abbondanza is just a loser, as well as Rabita's management. :down: They wasted their huge amount of money for players like Cruz and Skorupa who are good, but definitely not players who can make you win a Champions League. And everybody knows that Gruen is wonderful as OPP, but as OH she is not so special and cannot make a big difference. Everybody knows that, except Abbondanza and Rabita's management. They are losers, as they always have been. :thumbdown:

Last year's Fenerbahce certainly was an exception as they did not simply have very good players but on every position (except libero) at least one who is among the best of the world on her position. Rabita has that only on 3 positions, so they'd need years of hard work. Remember the Fenerbahce teams of 2010 and 2011, back then they encountered the same fate as did Rabita this year because they were just a bunch of expensive players.

About Grün, the problems is not on which position she plays but that she was good 5 years ago and now she isn't even 50% of that. In Bergamo she played great as Opp, in German NT she played great as OH, but these times are over...and the main incentive for her to go to Rabita was to make some big money because her career won't last forever, and I'm not too happy about that...Sure, she would have wanted to win CL too, but I think money was a bigger factor in her decision this year. Last season it was different, she had just made her comeback and signed for a weak team in German league just to play some volleyball, then when she realized she'd make a real comeback she went to Moscow but mainly to play on a higher level, this year I think it was really 90% about the money :S

• wait wait u mean to tell me that current rabita roster is weaker then 2011/2012 rabita roster which beated fener in group stages by 3:1 if i m not mistaken if so u are so so so silly cause they invested huge amount of money on nabs like abonanza cruz and skorupa like someone mentioned those are the players that are good but not the players u can win cl with ,hell even serbian setter zivkovic that i dislike is better then skorupa, there are only a handfull of setters in europe that are really good rest is ok in that group are leo ognjenovic antonijevic weiss naz

• Grün is the one who carried german NT to the final in 2011 ECH and she definetly cant change suddenly a weak OH just cause u said.Before making judgement one should consider all the things in together.Rabita decided to play as much as on montano until the start of the season and got the result 3-0 when they faced with a team who could stop her.If they trusted the other players as montano things might be changed.You have grün but u take her in bench what a great idea :aww: She even could help the team with her experience :sleeping:

• I don't think Gözde deserves MVP award. Although she showed an impressive performance at semis, she did not make anything special at final. In my opinion, MVP must be given to either Glinka or Naz. since they were the ones who made the difference between Rabita and Vakıf (both team has very good Opp and one great MB+one good MB) Glinka was the reliable scoring OH besites Opp which was missing in Rabita's team formation, additionally, Naz distribute the balls very efficiently so that none of spikers drop out of game whereas Skorupa force Montano a lot during the game :down:

Anyway, although I don't accept CEV's best player awards as criteria, I am happy to see Naz was chosen as best setter for two years in a row :win:

By the way, I believe Abondanza is a good coach and I would pleased to see him with Eczacıbaşı in the case of Rabita would kick him out :whistle:

• the difference between vakif of 2011 and 2013 was that in 2011 they had 3 players who played at superstar level + supporting cast and they faced a fenerbahce team who are strong but should not have been considered as favorites (erdem and furst were underperforming that season) which is why it should not have been a surprise to no one that vakif won the title. while in 2013 glinka deteriorated but was still good, gozde improve tremendously, brakocevic regained her 2011 grand prix form, naz steady as always and furst had a renewed energy and i also believe that this 2013 has a deeper bench.

• People already forgot that Rabita qualified to F4 after winning teams like Cannes and D.Kazan in both matches. :whistling: yesterday, Vakifbank was better and they won.

2004-2013, not even 10 years, and this team already has many successes. :teach:

• People already forgot that Rabita qualified to F4 after winning teams like Cannes and D.Kazan in both matches. :whistling: yesterday, Vakifbank was better and they won.

2004-2013, not even 10 years, and this team already has many successes. :teach:

Yeah but rabita couldnt show their best cause of such 'smart' desicions.Vakıfbank is surely a great sytematic team but they didnt face teams who play team game.So i really thought that it would be better final if they faced with busto arsizio in final. :roll: Everything might suddenly change just with a game style

• Yeah but rabita couldnt show their best cause of such 'smart' desicions.Vakıfbank is surely a great sytematic team but they didnt face teams who play team game.So i really thought that it would be better final if they faced with busto arsizio in final. :roll: Everything might suddenly change just with a game style

Absolutely agree.

Much more interested final if Busto don't lose the tie break against Rabita.

Of course, Vakifbank is undoubtly the strongest team in Europe. Congrats!!!

By the way, VERY PROUD OF UYBA!!!

• And its a pity that grün is in rabita instead of busto arsizo :aww: .She could complete the team game and make the busto much stronger what they needed most in final 4 especially against rabita.Parisi could use kozuch/ grün as opposite or OH and that would be great when there is already brinker. 8o And i have to say that marcon played so much better than i expected against Gs. :thumbup:.No need to say how important arrighetti and bauer for this team and how leonardi does amazing digs

Btw its so important that how u act on court to your teammates.I think the italians in Gs damages the team in that way.Maybe they do this cause of anger but it just gets the situation hard.On the contrary the germans always smile and support the teammates and it works so much especially in crucial moments ^^ .I think this is a big step for being a 'real' team

• well unfortunately they were not able tie win tie break which is why the potential "better" final did not happen :gone: or maybe it should have not let go of players like meijners caause i really think that the team last year was better than this one ^^

• the difference between vakif of 2011 and 2013 was that in 2011 they had 3 players who played at superstar level + supporting cast and they faced a fenerbahce team who are strong but should not have been considered as favorites (erdem and furst were underperforming that season) which is why it should not have been a surprise to no one that vakif won the title. while in 2013 glinka deteriorated but was still good, gozde improve tremendously, brakocevic regained her 2011 grand prix form, naz steady as always and furst had a renewed energy and i also believe that this 2013 has a deeper bench.

i agree.

• well unfortunately they were not able tie win tie break which is why the potential "better" final did not happen :gone: or maybe it should have not let go of players like meijners caause i really think that the team last year was better than this one ^^

Me too. Last year SEEMS better. We lost Havlichkova and Havelkova, but we gain Arrighetti...

BUT, this year we play without Lloyd (we can't consider the best Lloyd, the one see during F4, after months in bench...), and this is a HUGE difference.

• Yeah but rabita couldnt show their best cause of such 'smart' desicions.Vakıfbank is surely a great sytematic team but they didnt face teams who play team game.So i really thought that it would be better final if they faced with busto arsizio in final. :roll: Everything might suddenly change just with a game style

Yamamay got what it deserved,imo..not more.. :lol: