2013 CEV Champions League

• OMG what happened to Tomis after 2nd technical time-out (was leading 16:11)!?!? They got blocked almost on every attack and at the end of 1st set result is 25:21 for Dynamo... Tomis looked pretty well but they have beaten themselves :down:

• It's been a while since a match made me sleepy and I had to stop the stream. Generally volleyball games level can be interpreted this way: world class > great > ok > weak > Noliko vs. Teruel tonight.

• happy for Cuneo's victory... they played against Remat Zalau, so not a strong team but they played quite well! I think that they are in a good for, Sokolov is doing good and the rest of the team has experience and solidity...let's see how they continue!

• It's been a while since a match made me sleepy and I had to stop the stream. Generally volleyball games level can be interpreted this way: world class > great > ok > weak > Noliko vs. Teruel tonight.

I think there are far too many teams involving in this tournament. That would unavoidably lead to lower-level and boring matches. Just can't understand that, this is the "Champions" league, why so many relatively weak teams joined in when they were not exactly the "Champions"....IMP, one (maybe two for those with better domestic league ) from each country is almost enough....28 teams!...far beyond my expectation...like another European Championship :aww:

• If anyone ever thought Nayden Naydenov is a good coach, here is what he said during his last time-out in the match Arkas vs. Marek at the end of the 4th set: "Jerks!" ("Тъпаци"). Then he looked at Todor Valchev - a young player, captain and starting opposite of the team, who had honestly been disappointing in the game at that time, but still - and started shouting: "You totally lost the set and the game now!".

It's a "great" way to motivate and influence one of the youngest and least experienced teams in the Champions League. And, which is worse, this guy wanted to be the NT head coach..

Yeah, the discussion about the level of the tournament happened also when we heard there are going to be 28 teams. When you want to raise the level one should usually reduce the participants to gain some quality over quantity, but CEV rule the game once more.

I could watch half of the ACH vs. Unterhaching game, I can say it was a decent level of volleyball. Probably the same goes to Tirol vs. Friedrichshafen (without any certainty though), at least these two games offered some drama and tie-breaks. Marek was the only other team these two days to break the 3-0 rhythm even if the match in Izmir wasn't really impressive. I don't know why the main players of Loko stayed in Novosibirsk, but even with the back-up squad they did enough to win in three in Budva.

• If anyone ever thought Nayden Naydenov is a good coach, here is what he said during his last time-out in the match Arkas vs. Marek at the end of the 4th set: "Jerks!" ("Тъпаци"). Then he looked at Todor Valchev - a young player, captain and starting opposite of the team, who had honestly been disappointing in the game at that time, but still - and started shouting: "You totally lost the set and the game now!".

It's a "great" way to motivate and influence one of the youngest and least experienced teams in the Champions League. And, which is worse, this guy wanted to be the NT head coach..

Have you noticed how differently is Naydenov behaving in club and in NT. In NT he is quiet like a sheep, taking the role of a "motivator", he is more often begging the players, kind of aura of awe surrounds him.

And in club level, he insults the players whenever he has the opportunity to do so, again another useless "motivational" approach from him, but the difference is enormous. I even wrote here months ago that Naydenov's behaviour in NT surprises me(during his first matches as NT head coach)

However, one thing remains the same: "Ayde, Ayde!" (clap)(clap)(clap)

• I didn't expect he could be rude like that. In Bulgaria NT, during the timeout he just stood around without saying much, while the assistant coach is the most active one telling things to the players. because of this, I had once had such an impression of this man that maybe he knew little about volleyball.... :P please relax with my words, no insult, I was just very curious about this.

• 23-10... Sovia, C'MON! :wall:

EDIT: On the other hand, no wonder the guys are having such hard time concentrating. I mean, Sète's libero is pink. PINK.