Brazil NT 2012

• Mari showed up with this shirt: :whistle:
    http://yfrog.com/klaqxgxj

She said: "it's coincidence" ^^

• I don't think she's going to say anything bad against Ze or the players.

Indeed she didnt, she just said looks like the group was very shaked and that she does not agree with the cut, the justification and how the cut was made... :S

Well, not much explanations in this press conference after all. :/

At the end seems the problem was not indeed with Sheilla, but with Zé direcly.

• it seems that ze roberto will take 13 players to london and will wait until 26th july to make the last cut :what:

• I have the same question too. FYI, here's a short video of the Brazil NT training. You could see Natalia received couple balls in it. http://youtu.be/XwnPj1e3pLI

Well, while in são Bernardo for the second week of WGP, Natália just has started the jumpings and attacking trayings, she only did 5 attacks per training...so.

Now they say she is almost 100%...

I dont know..or she recovers really fast...or She will be in London, maybe recovery from her injury, but definetly not 100% of her physical shape.

• OMG, just the though of taking Natalia annoys me :mad:

• """"Palavras dela: sheilla ficou alvoroçada"""

What it means? did she get excited in a bad or good way? pity or happiness?

• """"Palavras dela: sheilla ficou alvoroçada"""

What it means? did she get excited in a bad or good way? pity or happiness?

Well, everybody in a brazilian forum are making the same question :whistle:

• Sumarizing Mari's press conference:

She didnt make any polemics, but she did show to be very angry and disapoited with the cut.

some of her words: "Sheilla got flustered and Fabi got bitter." She also said she cried and huged by some of her teammates.

• Rumors on twitter:

"Mari had a discussion with Paulo Cocô and he wanted her out. #shame!"

I really disappointed with this situation! ;(

If it's true, Mari deserved a better treatment from Ze Roberto and Paulo Cocô.

I can't believe this is the end. Not this way! ;( ;( ;( ;(

• Mari:

"Zé Roberto found me in the hall and said that I was out. He did not said for the rest of the players. Then, I said to Sheila and she told the girls. Then I was shocked, because of my team mates reaction. I was fine, but when the girls came to hug and comfort me, I couldn't handle and cried."

• Well, everybody knows the Brazil team is on shaky ground and their way to another gold metal is extremely difficult. In that case, they can not afford an unstable player on court. There's no room for unforced mistakes at all.

And to be frank, Mari hasn't been in good shape for a couple of years. What I mean is, she still has problems on reception as OH and almost every opponent targets her while serving. As OPP, sheilla obviously functions better than her. It seems that she only contributes on blocks. In that case, here comes one question, why coaches take Tandara instead of Mari? My guess is that Mari is less active and less connective, especially on defense, compared to Tandara. As for Natalia, I have no clue. In sum, Mari barely scores on spike, easily fails on reception and defense, only functions on block. This is my conclusion.

I really hope Mari could take this break to recover her shoulder injury thoroughly and get ready to win a championship for her club next season. That's the best way to show others what a mistake to cut her out from NT is. I have faith on her. :thumbup:

• From globo.com:

"It was a surprise for all the girls. But all this was already passing in my head. I respect his option, but I still think that I could help. As OH and Opposite. I still had a lot of wood to burn. And I do not agree with this cut. I was recovering well and I could give much more. He antecipated my cut caues he knew It would cause polemics, but I see he is in a delicated position, that is to nip it in the bud. Im not 100% recovered, but these are pains that never stop me from playing. At the Olympic Games that would not matter".

(about recieving the news that he was going to cut her for tecnical reasons): "He said that because of that we were going to split up. I said that I respected his optinion, but that I would leave. After the cut from Fabíola, I could expect anything."

(about NAtália): "He said once that Natália was essential for a victory, but I think that all players are essential. She even called me to give her support. If he thinks that she will recover, then is his responsability. But Natália can surprise and overcome herself."

• Bravo :) This deserves respect for Mari. Well I think Brazil should move and it will with or without Mari.They have a lot of work to do. USA is strong and getting stronger, and nobody knows what Russia can do ;)

• In Lancenet.com.br has another quotes from her.

"I was going to the laundry. Zé called me to talk in the room. Said he was cutting me due tecnical reasons and that that would split us apart. I answered I respected his option".

"Almost everyone was sleeping in that moment. I called Fabizona (Fabiana MB). Sheilla was with her in the room and got agitated. Then many of them started leaving their rooms crying. Fabi (libero) was bitter. Then she called me crying. I was better than they were. I cried when some of them hugged me."

(about her option with the cut): 'It was injustice to cut me at 45 minutes of second half. I fell a little bit wronged. I gave up from my life for the NT. Im 28 years old, I've played in to two Olympic Games as starting player, one as opposite and another as OH".

(About taking 13 players to London and making the last cut there): "It will be sad. One athlete will travel, will be there, so close to her dream and he will take her off. I think is even a bit unethical."

She also said that she will travel soon to Europe for vacation, and she will be there during the Olympic Games, she said she will try to watch some matches If she can and that she will cheer for Brasil.

• Yes, she was classy. Mari, I gonna miss you! :cup:

Maybe she come back next year, who knows :whistle:

• If Mari's quotes are the truth...what is Ze Roberto doing ??? He must have become crazy :call: :thumbdown:

Telling the decision to Mari at such strange moment/in such strange way.....and taking 13 (!) players to London, cutting the last player there :aww: :aww: :aww: :thumbdown:

I have huge respect for how Mari copes with the current situation :obey: :obey: :obey: