Brazil NT 2012

• Brasil is doing so badly... :|

• They struggle but they finally won 3 sets to 2.

• will Natalia play for OG ? ;( what is the latest situation about her

• will Natalia play for OG ? ;( what is the latest situation about her

She is training with the team, but so far only attacking 5 balls per training. she is doing really well though in reception and defense part!!!! Actually quite impressed me in Sao Bernardo.

But Im not sure If she can recover in time for the Olympics in the attacking area. Cause she still cant jump much. Well, still 30 days to go, but I think quite hard for her to be in Olympic Games.

• She is training with the team, but so far only attacking 5 balls per training. she is doing really well though in reception and defense part!!!! Actually quite impressed me in Sao Bernardo.

But Im not sure If she can recover in time for the Olympics in the attacking area. Cause she still cant jump much. Well, still 30 days to go, but I think quite hard for her to be in Olympic Games.

thanks for the info :flower: :flower:
    hope she will :rose: i could not imagine Brazil withut her anymore :super: :super:

• Too bad Natalia is out :whistling:

• i dreamed that fofao came back to save the brazilian national team and they suddenly played with renewed vigor, playing the way they played pre-2011... and that natalia suddenly played and killed balls left and right.... one can only dream on.... :cheesy:

still, GO BRAZIL!!!! I have still faith that they will be able to defend their olympic crown!!! :olympia:

first things first though: they need to play better at this year's grand prix... :dance4:

• IMO, Fernandinha should be the starting setter for Brazil. She indeed has a lot of potential but then again, she is no longer that young and i do not know if she wants to play until 2016. Too bad she was called to the Brazilian NT only now. I wonder, did Brazil ever consider calling her to the national team as early as 2002 or 2005? Same with Fabiola and Dani Lins, i believe if both of them have played with the national team in minor and major competitions (WC and Olympics) at a very young age, their skills i believe would have been a lot better right now. Fernanda Venturini and Fofao played with the national team in major tournaments at a very young age right? why they cannot do it with the current generation of Brazilian players? especially the setters. This has been the problem with Brazil, too much reliance with age, playing years and experience rather than developing and grooming the younger ones to take over the positions formerly filled by the veterans. I believe Italy and Russia will also be having the same problems when players like Piccinini, Del Core, Gioli and Gamova retire.

• IMO, Fernandinha should be the starting setter for Brazil. She indeed has a lot of potential but then again, she is no longer that young and i do not know if she wants to play until 2016. Too bad she was called to the Brazilian NT only now. I wonder, did Brazil ever consider calling her to the national team as early as 2002 or 2005? Same with Fabiola and Dani Lins, i believe if both of them have played with the national team in minor and major competitions (WC and Olympics) at a very young age, their skills i believe would have been a lot better right now. Fernanda Venturini and Fofao played with the national team in major tournaments at a very young age right? why they cannot do it with the current generation of Brazilian players? especially the setters. This has been the problem with Brazil, too much reliance with age, playing years and experience rather than developing and grooming the younger ones to take over the positions formerly filled by the veterans. I believe Italy and Russia will also be having the same problems when players like Piccinini, Del Core, Gioli and Gamova retire.

I think this partially has to do with Ze Roberto. There were reports the past two years where Fernandinha expressed interest in playing for the NT but she was never invited because she wasn't "tall" enough. After 4-years Fabiola and Dani Lins aren't as stable as he wants them to be and at the very last minute he invites her out of desperation.

• I think this partially has to do with Ze Roberto. There were reports the past two years where Fernandinha expressed interest in playing for the NT but she was never invited because she wasn't "tall" enough. After 4-years Fabiola and Dani Lins aren't as stable as he wants them to be and at the very last minute he invites her out of desperation.

Well, actually Fernandinha has been called before, but she had problems in her back, severe problems, so she reather stay out of Nt competitions to focous in clubs one. I dont blame her.

But I agree with u guys somehow.

I think the problem is that brasilian federation always focous only in titles, cause that is what call attention and what makes them look they are doing a good work, and with that the preassure for always being on top makes coaches that only the most experience players to all tournaments, while they could take youngers groups. Its a snow ball I believe, Brasil still can have good future, cause some players such Natália, Daroit, Thaisa will be on process and maybe one or too more experiences will want to stay till Rio 2016 to play home...but for me Brasilian process to renovate NT kind of fallied so far. In women and men volleyball. And honestly I think the fault is on CBV.

• I don't think Fernanda is such a great setter. Fabiola is way better. The thing is that she plays for the NT for the first time and the other players are not familiar with her setting (the same thing that happened with USA Alisha Glass in the WGP 2010 - yes she played great but then when the other teams analysed her game it was not the same). So Fabiola will be the started for sure, but Fernanda deserves to be a sub.. although I'd be said for Dani.. she was 1st or 2nd setter for the last 4 years.. and not going to the Olympics...

• I don't think Fernanda is such a great setter. Fabiola is way better. The thing is that she plays for the NT for the first time and the other players are not familiar with her setting (the same thing that happened with USA Alisha Glass in the WGP 2010 - yes she played great but then when the other teams analysed her game it was not the same). So Fabiola will be the started for sure, but Fernanda deserves to be a sub.. although I'd be said for Dani.. she was 1st or 2nd setter for the last 4 years.. and not going to the Olympics...

Dani Lins had every chance to be our main setter but she only managed to fail. She was a starter but then managed to be a bench to everyone, even Ana Tiemi who is the prima-donna-bench player.

Btw I still think Dani Lins made a poor choice by going to Sesi...

• And Dani Lins is out of shape.

How can an athlete be out of shape in such important year? :gone:

• Interesting news, I'm surprised, Dani Lins hasn't played so good recently, why Fabiola is out? :what:

So now team looks this:
    Fabi, Camila, Dani Lins, Fernandinha, Thaisa, Fabiana, Adenizia, Paula, Jaqueline, Garay, Sassa, Sheilla, Mari, Tandara, Natalia
    When final 12 will be announced?

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Interesting news, I'm surprised, Dani Lins hasn't played so good recently, why Fabiola is out? :what:

So now team looks this:
    Fabi, Camila, Dani Lins, Fernandinha, Thaisa, Fabiana, Adenizia, Paula, Jaqueline, Garay, Sassa, Sheilla, Mari, Tandara, Natalia
    When final 12 will be announced?

Dont know yet, but probably It wont take much.

Zé told they were out of London in the airport, when they arrived in Brazil today...ouch...

• Dont know yet, but probably It wont take much.

Zé told they were out of London in the airport, when they arrived in Brazil today...ouch...

Ugh so typical. No matter how much you defend them the Brazilian NT coaches' egos are out of control. They could take a lesson in humility and tact.

Natalia is going to be out for sure.

That leaves:

MB: Thaisa, Fabiana, Adenizia
    OH: Paula, Fernanda Garay, Jaqueline, Sassa (she will be cut, IMO)
    OPP: Sheilla, Mari, Tandara (even though I think she's in better form than Mari, she will be cut)
    S: Dani Lins, Fernanda
    L: Fabi, Camila Brait