Dominican Republic NT 2012-2013

• During press conference in Taipei after match with Poland Marcos Kwiek revealed that after WGP will be announced team for OG. Any suggestions about this roster? For me it should be this:

L: Castillo ? i hope she'll be ready, if not it will be problem - one of 2 Caso, Fernandez - both far away behind Brenda :down:
    S: Echenique, Marte (I don't know which is better, both of them last weeks were disastrous :aww: )
    MB: Vargas, Eve, ? - one of 3: Rondon, Arias, Fersola - all are weak, maybe Rondon - she could help in reception :lol:
    OH: Cabral, Rivera, De La Cruz, ? - one of 2: Peńa, Martinez - hard choice :D I prefer Brayelin and I think they are missing Burgos ;(
    OP: Mambru, Nuńez - I wonder what's with Jeoselyna but I'm almost certain that she won't go to London :(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Oh god kondzio... Echenique is drama, please don't compare her with Marte, which is definitelly better. Marte had just weaker match against Poland, but Kwiek didnt give her a chance to play more in this match. That's why she played weak (but not weaker than Karla). Echenique is playing drama all WGP (and not just this). If you saw, this team with Marte won set against Italy in Taipei (this team was poor without Brenda, Bethania, Eve, Cabral) and they were so close to play in tie-break (because Kwiek decided to put Echenique and Nunes in middle part of fourth set and this killed DR team in fourth set). So believe me, Karla is very weak player, Marte isn't great, but she is solid and definitelly better than Echenique.

Brenda will be in London. Now she trains in Santo Domingo with Bethania de la Cruz and other girls which didn't go to the Asia for WGP and Brenda's psychic is ok :)

Kwiek will go with this 12 to London i think:

S: Echenique, Marte
    OH: De La Cruz, Cabral, Rivera, Martinez (Peńa is drama, she should stay at home)
    MB: Vargas, Eve, Arias (Rondon is without form since one year?)
    OPP: Mambru, Nunes
    L: Castillo

or second option and i know that Marcos can take Rondon and he will have 4 middle blockers and three outside hitters and in home will stay Martinez.

and i know, that first six will look: Echenique, De La Cruz, Vargas, Mambru, Cabral, Eve, Castillo (L)

and please don't forget, that they will play in Pan American Cup before Olympic Games.

I think, that this team without Brenda and Bethania don't exist because DR NT don't have reception and the best scorer in attack. That's why this team played so weak in Asia.

PS Arias isn't weak, she needs experience and i know, that you love Jeoselyna, she's good player and i like her, but she's unfortunately little bit weaker than Mambru and Nunes :(

• i agree with most opinions, however for me Candida Arias is still lacking of technical skills and she makes lot of ordinary mistakes and of course Rondon isn't better, however she has a bit receiving skills and Arias even can't pass ball to setter, sometimes ball land at other side of net.

• S: karla Echenique,Nivelka Marte
    OH: Bethania De La Cruz, Priscilla Rivera, Milagros Cabral
    MB: Annerys Vargas, Eve Mejia, Candida Arias, Cindy Rondon.
    OPP: Gina Mambru, Sidalka Nunez
    L: Brenda Castillo

font.

http://www.listindiario.com/el…-35-atletas-y-10-deportes

• Expected team, but why 4 MB's ?! Better would be taking 4 OH's, although DOM hasn't any good, taking 2 liberos also would be useless - both Caso and Fernandez are far way behind Castillo - nice to see Brenda in team :thumbsup:

• Expected team, but why 4 MB's ?! Better would be taking 4 OH's, although DOM hasn't any good, taking 2 liberos also would be useless - both Caso and Fernandez are far way behind Castillo - nice to see Brenda in team :thumbsup:

I told you this second option with 4 MB :D so you can't be surprised :D
    I think, that version with 4 MB is better than 3 OH, because this team don't need 4th OH, which play shit like Peńa and without experience like Martinez. Martinez played great tournament in previous year in World Junior Championship (there played girls from 1992, but she was 1996 and she was so high in individual rankings) yes, but you saw that in Club World Championship she played bad, this same was in World Grand Prix in this year. World Cup was little bit ok, but she went to court for substitution. On Kwiek place i would do this same, because take Martinez is too risky. I think, that Kwiek did mistake, because he didn't takek her to Asia in place Peńa, because Peńa is drama player and i can't see at her :wall:

• Yes Peńa in NT is a joke, but why Burgos refused to give up volleyball?

• Yes Peńa in NT is a joke, but why Burgos refused to give up volleyball?

1. Marcos Kwiek didn't give her chance for play much
    2. She had offert from few clubs, but for her was too less money and she decided to open business (hairdresser :D).

The second thing is Dominican Republic federation, because is drama federation... the president of this is Cristobal Marte Hoffiz (the vice-president FIVB) and he is stupid person and he wants to take lot of money for him and he is very heavy partner to talk... and inter alia that's why Dominican Republic players have problems to play in clubs (in particular european clubs, because there they didn't pay so much like in Asia Japan, Korea etc... and they don't close like Puerto Rican league and btw he had problems with lot of european clubs, because they aren't stupid and they don't want to pay him funny provision, so he doesn't want to talk with them... :down: )

• the Dominican team has worked hard to improve these aspects of the game that have historically been its weak point.
    defense and reception.

recepcion

defense

these are the statistics of team defense and reception after the preliminary round of the Olympics.

these are some Dominican athletes well positioned in the statistics
    brenda castillo: best libero

brenda castillo: best digger

Priscilla Rivera: third best spiker

bethania de la cruz: tenth best scorer

may be the Dominican team can not reach the semifinals, but has shown much progress in the game. I'm sure it will continue to improve in the coming tournaments

• I think thast without Casrtillo and De La Cruz the team is far more weaker than now, Brenda again is just amazing :super:

• 1. Marcos Kwiek didn't give her chance for play much
    2. She had offert from few clubs, but for her was too less money and she decided to open business (hairdresser :D).

The second thing is Dominican Republic federation, because is drama federation... the president of this is Cristobal Marte Hoffiz (the vice-president FIVB) and he is stupid person and he wants to take lot of money for him and he is very heavy partner to talk... and inter alia that's why Dominican Republic players have problems to play in clubs (in particular european clubs, because there they didn't pay so much like in Asia Japan, Korea etc... and they don't close like Puerto Rican league and btw he had problems with lot of european clubs, because they aren't stupid and they don't want to pay him funny provision, so he doesn't want to talk with them... :down: )

I found on Wikipedia some info about Dominican championship. There are teams like Los Cachorros, San Cristobal... is there a league site where I can find teams info and results? Watching players careers, it looks like these teams work like chinese ones. Players stays always in the same team, they change only if they go playing abroad... Could you tell me something about. How does this league work?

• I found on Wikipedia some info about Dominican championship. There are teams like Los Cachorros, San Cristobal... is there a league site where I can find teams info and results? Watching players careers, it looks like these teams work like chinese ones. Players stays always in the same team, they change only if they go playing abroad... Could you tell me something about. How does this league work?

Yes you are right! Players stays in their clubs FOREVER. Is not like in real world volleyball federations, players are transfered from one team to another, but in DR players always belongs to same home team, and they have to pay, besides the high transfer fee (10k US$) as NF of origin, asking a club of origin fee. In other countries your contract ends, you do not have to pay club of origin fee. Must dominican players suffers because of this.

• This league is just for fun and players, which are without club... they stay in Dominican Republic and they play in volleyball dominican republic's league. This league is very short (if i remember good, it's 4 or 6 weeks?) and in this year, they didn't play, because they had continental championship, then World Cup, then preparation for qualifications to Olympic Games, then play in this tournament and World Grand Prix, Olympic Games... so... in this year they didn't have a time for play this league, but in previous years, league was playing in every year.

About clubs... it's like gang of thieves! Players don't have practices in clubs (they just play in this club by one month?) and Cristobal Marte (NORCECA's president, FIVB vice-president and Dominican Republic's women volleyball president) takes money just for him and this "presidents" of this clubs like Los Cachorros, San Cristobal or another are just marionettes in Cristobal's hands. That's why, players have big problems to leave Dominican Republic to play in for example european club. Just big volleyball stars like Bethania de la Cruz can leaves, because every clubs want to have her in team and they want to pay every money for take her. That's why just Japan, Azerbeijan, Russia and Korea have money for take DR players and little bit Brazil. Sometimes Cristobal talks with puertorican club, but this league is short and to play there, Dominican Republic's players have other rules.

• No. Marcos Kwiek will be to 2016.

• No. Marcos Kwiek will be to 2016.

So we're waiting for more stupid decisions and more yelling during timeouts :D

• Unfortunately kondzio... :( Next 4 years with big emotions....

Without this, maybe someone wrote about it, but on press conference in London after the match against USA my words proved to be true.
    There Milagros Cabral finished her volleyball's career :(

and Marcos Kwiek said that new capitain of the team will be Bethania de la Cruz :flower:

• I must change My words from higher post.

Won't be road to Rio, will be road to Olympic Qualif Tours. With new system Dominican hasn't chance to be in Rio.

• I must change My words from higher post.

Won't be road to Rio, will be road to Olympic Qualif Tours. With new system Dominican hasn't chance to be in Rio.

Sorry, i'm not agree with you

Maybe Kwiek is stupid coach, but this team have big potential. This Olympic Games in London was just stop in way to Rio, because this players are preparation for Olympics in 2016. Now this team is young and need experience. Player like Eve, de la Cruz, Marte, Arias, Castillo will have much bigger skills and experience in 2016 than now and if now this team is playing good volleyball, what will happen in 2016? I hope, that Kwiek won't destroy this team and these talents.