2007 Women Junior World Championship

• The 2007 Women's Junior World Championship will take place in Nakhonrachasima, Thailand. Twelve teams will participate in this event,Thailand(as host),China,Japan,Italy,Brazil, USA,Dominican Egypt,RepublicPuerto Rico, and 3 countries from Europe(Qualification Tournament May 2007)

I'm very very glad because my city will be the host of this tournament.
    Russia team must be 1 from4 of Europe.
    I'll wait and see who are new Sokolova,Godina and Gamova

• Quote from "Keiki Nishiyama"

... and 3 countries from Europe(Qualification Tournament May 2007)

Pool A Zagreb (Croatia)
    Croatia
    Bulgaria
    Czech Rep.
    Norway
    France

Pool B Spała (Poland)
    Poland
    Serbia
    Finland
    Romania
    Ukraine

Pool C Moscow (Russia)
    Russia
    Turkey
    Germany
    Austria
    Belarus

• Quote from "Justyna"

Yeah, but I mean qualification tournament :wink2:

Justyna, do you know why Italy did not play the qualification tournament? and yet will play in thailand?

• Quote from "xopxeech"

Justyna, do you know why Italy did not play the qualification tournament? and yet will play in thailand?

Yes, Italy will be play in Thailand. Italy is the champion of Europe so thats why they didn't play in qualification tournament.
    In World Championship from Europe playing 4 teams: Champion of Europe (Italy) and 3 teams which won qualification touraments (Croatia, Germany, Ukraine).

• I guess Brazil and Russia will fight for the title of this Championship like the adult teams did last year.

In 2005 these two teams met on the finals and Brazil won in straight sets (25-17, 25-14, 25-17) but earlier on, during the preliminary round, Russia had beaten Brazil in 4 sets.

• Quote from "Celso"

I guess Brazil and Russia will fight for the title of this Championship like the adult teams did last year.

In 2005 these two teams met on the finals and Brazil won in straight sets (25-17, 25-14, 25-17) but earlier on, during the preliminary round, Russia had beaten Brazil in 4 sets.

Russia won't play in WCH.

• Really, Justyna?

I thought Russia would qualify for this tournament. Then the other European Teams are really strong.

• Quote from "Justyna"

Russia won't play in WCH.

In addition, Russia and Brazil didn't meet in JUNIOR WCH2005 that took place in Turkey.....
    Russia ended up in 7th place.

2005 Finals were between Brasil x Serbia

what I don't understand is why FIVB gave three vacancies to Norceca (in 2005 Puerto Rico was in place 8th, Dominicana in 10th place, USA sharing 11th place meaning last place).... and only one vacancy for South America (in 2001, 2003 and 2005 Brazil World Champion)....... for the other southamerican teams would be almost impossible to qualify :shock: :shock:

• I also don't really understand this system. But with the lack of structure of other south american teams, I think it is already impossible to classify, if you have to beat Brazilian team

• Quote from "Celso"

Really, Justyna?

I thought Russia would qualify for this tournament. Then the other European Teams are really strong.

Yes. In world championship playing 4 teams from Europe: Italy (European Championship) and 3 teams from qualification tournaments. Russia played in one pool (in qualification) with Turkey, Germany, Austria and Belarus. From this pool qualification to world championship get Germany.

• Quote from "LothiePG"

I also don't really understand this system. But with the lack of structure of other south american teams, I think it is already impossible to classify, if you have to beat Brazilian team

You are right Lothie, "lack of structure" afftects a lot to the other south american teams however, if you put Brazil in Europe and give Europe only one vacancy that becomes almost impossible for any european team to qualify....... you know what I mean?

In addition,.... if you see the final standings of the 2003 Junior World Championship (the last one that FIVB gave 2 vacancies to south america), Brazil of course was in first place, and Venezuela (the other country representing South America ended up in 9th place) ahead of the countries representing Norceca (Cuba and Puerto Rico)........
    If you go to 2001, same story.........

again, I don't understand FIVB preferences for Norceca

• Quote from "xopxeech"

You are right Lothie, "lack of structure" afftects a lot to the other south american teams however, if you put Brazil in Europe and give Europe only one vacancy that becomes almost impossible for any european team to qualify....... you know what I mean?

In addition,.... if you see the final standings of the 2003 Junior World Championship (the last one that FIVB gave 2 vacancies to south america), Brazil of course was in first place, and Venezuela (the other country representing South America ended up in 9th place) ahead of the countries representing Norceca (Cuba and Puerto Rico)........
    If you go to 2001, same story.........

again, I don't understand FIVB preferences for Norceca

I always think that FIVB's preference for Norceca is almost the same as the preference for doing the WCH, WGC, WGP and WC in Asia (specially Japan)...

I don't agree that Brazil WOULD be the one to qualify if it was in Europe with only one vacancy... Maybe it would win, there are good teams, and I honestly don't think that if the competition was harder for them since the beginning, if they'd win, if you understand what I mean :oops: