talented players / upcoming stars

• We all know the star players like Kilic, Gamova, Togut (and the list goes on)....
    They all made it, they earn much money and are popular around the world.

But what about the rest? Have u seen a player, who might become the next Gamova?
    Who do you think can reach that level?
    Use this topic to show us your opinion and to introduce these players :)

• I think Mari, from Brazil, is prone to be one of the greatest players ever

• Quote from "danielvanutti"

I think Mari, from Brazil, is prone to be one of the greatest players ever

hey, gais, news

04 olympic attack zhang ping of china is in danger

since her knee problems did not get proper attention and the head coach overused her in training, she might never walk after she is in her 30s

head of china NT said he heard grinding sound from her knee when zhang ping plays the ball ......thats so horrible

• Brazil has won both the 2001, 2003 and 2005 junior championships (u-19) as well as the 2005 (u-17)

From the 2001 u-19 NT we have in senior NT today: Sassá, Jaqueline, Paula and Sheilla.

From thw 2005 u-19 NT we have in senior NT: Fabiana Claudino

There are two setters people here say will be very talented:

Danielle Lins (183cm) - current setter of Rexona-Ades
    Ana Tiemi (187 cm) - current setter of Fiat Minas

There's also one libero a like a lot: her name is Veridiana, she played the u-19 world championship too, Zé Roberto invited her to train with the NT but she had an injury. Now she is playing for Portugal. I hope she could come back to the NT cause her reception is very good.

There's also this girl called Thaisa, she's 195cm tall and she is currently playing for Rexona-Ades. She is a very promising middle-blocker.

• Quote from "Nastja"

We all know the star players like Kilic, Gamova, Togut (and the list goes on)....

But what about the rest? Have u seen a player, who might become the next Gamova?

i think italy's Dall'gna is a promising setter. she played in the Montreux volleymasters 2006, if i remember it right.
    i'm quite sure she will become the future leo lo bianco.

• Quote from "Nastja"

We all know the star players like Kilic, Gamova, Togut (and the list goes on)....

i will pick nancy carrillo and mammadova
    nancy is tall and powerful serve
    mammadova is strong, she just need some good teammates to be more impressive 8)

• Besides Fabiana Alvim, I think the best libero playing in Brazil now is Michelle Daldegan. She does amazing things, and never gives up on a game.
    For setters, Dani Lins is the biggest promise, she is also amazing and still growing up. Sometimes I don't understand why Zé insists on Carolina and Marcelle.
    And about Thaisa. WOW. She's such a good blocker, but she's a bit slow. Andreia Sforzin is more prepared than her, althought she needs to play again in a high-level team.

Outside Brazil, the onea that make my jaw drop are Mammadova and China's #1 (don't remember her name). They're so young and already so good!

• Quote from "LothiePG"

[quote="Celso"]There are two setters people here say will be very talented:

Outside Brazil, the onea that make my jaw drop are Mammadova and China's #1 (don't remember her name). They're so young and already so good!

China no 1 , her name is Yimei Wang, 18 years old, 90 KG+ :shock: :shock:

• Quote from "Nastja"

:shock:
    how tall is she???

she is 191cm, standard wing spiker height,----actually she has already shed some 10 kilos after she entered the NT. she was 16 and weighed 105 kilos in 2004 when she first joined the national team, :wink2:
    calderon is also 191, but 66 kilos, nancy is the same but just 72 kilos

• For me...Mammadova, Carillo, Calderon, Mari, Jaque...they all are already great players, great stars....even being so young....

I think that Dani Lins, as some brasilians said....is problably become a star.....if you have the chance of seeing her playing in Top Volley international on Basel where Rexona-Ades were champions tody over Murcia 2002 (yes....Rexona wins....even with Sokolova, GLinka, Vargas, Mroz and Metcalf the other side) could see that Dani is a big promise!!!
    Luckly for Brasil!!!!!rs

Spasojevic too!!!!!!!She's great....made Servia win 3º place on the World Champions....and Ognjenovic..there setter....also really good for me

• Quote from "joanamss"

For me...Mammadova, Carillo, Calderon, Mari, Jaque...they all are already great players, great stars....even being so young....

I think that Dani Lins, as some brasilians said....is problably become a star.....if you have the chance of seeing her playing in Top Volley international on Basel where Rexona-Ades were champions tody over Murcia 2002 (yes....Rexona wins....even with Sokolova, GLinka, Vargas, Mroz and Metcalf the other side) could see that Dani is a big promise!!!
    Luckly for Brasil!!!!!rs

Spasojevic too!!!!!!!She's great....made Servia win 3º place on the World Champions....and Ognjenovic..there setter....also really good for me

spasojevic is great, and i also wanna know nicolic? and another powerful titter too
    any info about their age, height, spike reach and some funny stuff about them :)

• Quote from "joanamss"

For me...Mammadova, Carillo, Calderon, Mari, Jaque...they all are already great players, great stars....even being so young....

Luckly for Brasil!!!!!rs

Spasojevic is an amazing player :shock: really... there's another serbian I like too, but I forgot her name (I remember it is with "D") hehe)...

About Rexona win, I think Murcia has amazing players, but there's something missing. I heard that Rexona coach is not happy about Dani Lins, but in my POV she's one of the two upcoming setters in Brazilian team (the other one is Ana Tiemi, although I don't like her, she's a good one)

• Quote from "LothiePG"

Spasojevic is an amazing player :shock: really... there's another serbian I like too, but I forgot her name (I remember it is with "D") hehe)...

Hmm... Ivana Djerisilo? :)

• Eva Yaneva!
    She plays in cannes and she will be for sure one of the best outside hiiters in europe. She is only 21 years old and do amazing things on the court.
    She nevr give up in a match.
    This year in cannes she is the leader of the french team with ravva absent.