2012 Olympic Games

• IMO Jaqueline should never be in the starting lineup :whistle:

• IMO Jaqueline should never be in the starting lineup :whistle:

Although I like her very much she proved that she shouldn't be starter, maybe in next matches she'll play better :roll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• USA should be favourites, but Brazil can for sure beat them.

USA has several weaknesses, their OH´s is incosistent in attack, esp. Logan but also Larson isnt so reliable, Berg has bad rythm with many of the players esp. Akinradewo and Hooker, and Davis is just a horrible digger at this level. Someone said USA was like the perfect team, but they clearly isnt. Now they might win against Brazil anyway though, as long the samba girls plays like yesterday.

• IMO Brazil should play with Garay and Paula as OH. I really like Jaqueline, but in NT she is not playing like she did in Osasco. Her attack is not good. Fabi is another weak point of this team. I don't know why Camila Brait is not there.

I really want to see how Brazil will play against USA. I have a feeling that Brazil will play their best game because of the recent results against USA.

I agree Paula and Garay should be the starting two.

I have a feeling both teams will play great. Both teams get hyped up to play one another and with both teams not debuting as strong as they'd like I'm sure they're both hungry to display their best. It just sucks it's on a Monday and I have to work! :mad:

USA has several weaknesses, their OH´s is incosistent in attack, esp. Logan but also Larson isnt so reliable, Berg has bad rythm with many of the players esp. Akinradewo and Hooker, and Davis is just a horrible digger at this level. Someone said USA was like the perfect team, but they clearly isnt. Now they might win against Brazil anyway though, as long the samba girls plays like yesterday.

You don't hide your USA dislike very well haha :lol:

• According to Brazil's girls they lost their concentration in the 4th set, which is just unacceptable in the OG level. If Brazil's team continue to suffer such black-outs, we won't even reach the semifinals.

• Nothing is certain in groups right now. But if Brazil can manage to beat USA then it will be almost certain Brazil getting the first place which means a guarantee spot for semifinal. So, i will be rooting for the USA tomorrow. USA is the favorite team for sure but they are not like their basketball teams in terms of being strong favorite.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

• According to Brazil's girls they lost their concentration in the 4th set, which is just unacceptable in the OG level. If Brazil's team continue to suffer such black-outs, we won't even reach the semifinals.

didn't ze roberto hired a psychologist or something for brazil last 2008 to control their nerves??? did he do the same for this olympics?? blacking out/freezing mentally has always been a problem for brazil for ages. :|

• I don't think the USA match can be attributed as much to mental fragility. They didn't make a whole bunch of unforced errors. Korea went on a serving run with their setter in the backrow and made some tremendous defensive saves and Kim scored a ridiculous amount of points in the 3rd set. Korea won that set, USA didn't give it to them. Brazil led 19-11 in the 4th and didn't win the set. That was a gift to Turkey.

well,first and third set were a gift to Brasil from us then.. we also made many mistakes in those sets.

• well,first and third set were a gift to Brasil from us then.. we also made many mistakes in those sets.

Yes, but Turkey doesn't have the Olympic experience that Brazil does. Also, they did not have a 8pt lead in either of those sets which they gave up to Brazil.

• Fabi was good enough against Turkey....wasnt she?

I am brazilian and don't know the names of all the volleyball terms in english, so sorry if i made any mistake. But Fabi isn't playing well in a really long time, last match ll the Turkey players were serving ir her, and she neve give good passes to Fernandinha

Another problem in Brazil is that Dani, in Brazil we call her Pani (Breakdown) Lins will only learn how to play with the OH when she will have 45 years and will be playing master tournments.

Cheering for Brazil, but i think Tandara, Dane Lins, Fabi and an injuried Natalia were bad choices from Zé and he will pay the price for this. Mari, Sassá, Fabiola and Camila would be better choices.

• I am brazilian and don't know the names of all the volleyball terms in english, so sorry if i made any mistake. But Fabi isn't playing well in a really long time, last match ll the Turkey players were serving ir her, and she neve give good passes to Fernandinha

Another problem in Brazil is that Dani, in Brazil we call her Pani (Breakdown) Lins will only learn how to play with the OH when she will have 45 years and will be playing master tournments.

Cheering for Brazil, but i think Tandara, Dane Lins, Fabi and an injuried Natalia were bad choices from Zé and he will pay the price for this. Mari, Sassá, Fabiola and Camila would be better choices.

Actually Fabi seemed to be good to me in terms of reception, and i like setter Fernanda as well and Garay' reception is good too.

Come on, Larson is almost as reliable as Hooker at attacking. She is even more than decent as attacking-wise for an OH. I only agree with you about Davis however not her digging problem (she is good digger) problem is she very inconsistent at reception, even against easy serves, she cannot pass the ball to setter properly :down:

Also I don't think the lost set was due to USA's mental weakness or something, Korea (indeed Kim) just played awesome :lol:

After watching TUR-BRA match one more time, I realize how Mari is important for this team. Non of Brasilian OH is killer hitter in zero hour :whistle: Moreover, Mari was really intimidating at blocking against Opps

• Actually team USA is on another level right now.

For Brazil, they are better athletizm wise compared to Turkey, but mentally Turkish team looks stronger. To be able to comeback and win the set from 19-12 aginst ex-Champion tells a lot to me.

• Come on, Larson is almost as reliable as Hooker at attacking. She is even more than decent as attacking-wise for an OH. I only agree with you about Davis however not her digging problem (she is good digger) problem is she very inconsistent at reception, even against easy serves, she cannot pass the ball to setter properly :down:

Also I don't think the lost set was due to USA's mental weakness or something, Korea (indeed Kim) just played awesome :lol:

After watching TUR-BRA match one more time, I realize how Mari is important for this team. Non of Brasilian OH is killer hitter in zero hour :whistle: Moreover, Mari was really intimidating at blocking against Opps

I cant agree with that Davis should be a good digger, its impossible for me, just look yesterday against Korea how many bad plays she did in defence, but I also mean overall ofc. About Larson, yes she is a quite good attacker but what I mean is that she isnt esp. reliable against the best teams in attack. Against teams like Russia, Brazil, Turkey, China, I would say Larson isnt even close 2 the same reliable weapon as Hooker.

• IMO, USA is a really strong team, but they aren't perfect like everyone is saying here and around the world hahaha. Yesterday, Davis showed that she's not good at receive, and Berg sometimes get lost and makes a bad distribution. Brazil, Russia and Italy can beat them.

About Brazil, I was so sad yesterday with my team's match against Turkey. We played terrible, Sheilla didn't worked and Fernandinha didn't showed why Ze choose her for the olympics in Fabiola's place. She insisted A LOT with the OH's, and the OH's were not playing well. Thaisa and Fabiana did not receive balls, and our middle blockers are so strong and important for the overview of the game. I hope that Ze makes the team play better against USA because we can't lost this match! :)