2012 Olympic Games

• It looks like Turkish volleyball federation forgot to tell their nationl team that they are going to an olympic village and not some types of holiday village. Watching Chaina v Turkey game where Chainese were fully concentrated in their game (their eyes were wide open with intensity), and the Turks were seleping (maybe it was too early in the morning).
    By the way some of the Chinese players developed new muscles since the WGP (comparing their pictures)!!!!

• Well well ...
    I see with satisfaction that the idea of an Olympic podium with Italy on it makes some progress in the heads ... :cheesy:

Hope never dies

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Japan is NEVER a difficult match for Brazil. Brazil crushes Asian speed game style - no question at all. Brazil is only afraid of very physical power teams like USA & Russia.

I don't remember Japan actually beating Brazil in the last few years, but they did give them a hard time quite often (e.g. WCH 2010 semifinal). So with Brazil's current shape, I don't think they'd run over Japan now like they did in Beijing QF.

• Japan is NEVER a difficult match for Brazil. Brazil crushes Asian speed game style - no question at all. Brazil is only afraid of very physical power teams like USA & Russia.

Sometimes it's difficult for them. For example:

World Championships 2010 Brazil-Japan 3:2
    World Cup 2011 Japan-Brazil 3:0

• De La Cruz is playing as Opp today and she is doing very well, but DOM has no backup OH now, just 2 Opps and 2 MBs on bench :roll:
    Nice match so far, DOM made just a few unforced errors but those cost them the set. They are definitely playing much much better than in GP.

• great rallies so far. a lot of defense.... :thumbsup: :thumbup:

• Both teams are doing well. I liked Rivera's perfrmance. This system with letting De La Cruz play as OPP and Cabral-Rivera OHs works better for Dominic. There are some great rallies thanks to Sano and Castillo :D Actually Japan is doing well in defence, whole team but Castillo makes difference for Dominc.She is just great :white:

• Turkish team has been a big disappointment so far considering how they performed in WG 2012. I wont be surprised if they loose point(s) today against Serbia. However, the dense emotions they have for this tournament will show its positive effects in coming matches and im expecting a surprise win against USA from them, especially in case they have to win at last match in order to qualify to finals. If Turkey manage to qualify, I strongly believe that they will go all the way to the final.

• Turkish team has been a big disappointment so far considering how they performed in WG 2012. I wont be surprised if they loose point(s) today against Serbia. However, the dense emotions they have for this tournament will show its positive effects in coming matches and im expecting a surprise win against USA from them, especially in case they have to win at last match in order to qualify to finals. If Turkey manage to qualify, I strongly believe that they will go all the way to the final.

This scenario reminds me the last ECH in Italy. We lost Croatia 3-0 and we had to take at least 1 point from Italy in front of Italian spectators.We managed to win that match and then won bronze medal :D I hope it will be the same in Olympics too. The match against Serbia is very cruial !

• After first set, Japan has completely stopped attacking towards pos 5 where Castillo defends, and DOM block is not reacting to that at all. All backrow and outside attacks go towards pos 1 now, it is totally predictable but Kwiek doesn't seem to notice it...