2012 Olympic Games

• I totally agree with all you write. Kim was definitely not showing her best game, especially in reception, so today it was time for the others to show that Korea is more than Kim and they did it.

And about Brazil, it confirms what I wrote during Turkey match. Most of them are not willing to work hard for success because they are too used to it. They have this attitude "we are Brazil, we are the best in the world" (their men team is even worse in this), so they are used to opponents who lose almost just out of respect, and as soon as there is more resistence than they expect, they get annoyed, but instead of playing better they play even worse and just seem to wait until the opponent finally stops the impertinence of not giving up. It's not like Brazil cannot play better, they simply don't want to, they just want to play well when the match is easy anyway and everything is flowers and sunshine. Turkey had too many problems with their own nerves to beat Brazil eventually, but Korea gave them a real bad blow today. The next match will tell a lot about the character of Brazilian players, but right now, I can see no way how they beat China...

Totally agree.

• The top 4 teams from pool B will have an advantage over the top 4 teams from pool a when they meet in the quarterfinals. Coming from a very difficult pool surely has put them in a very competitive mode.

• I totally agree with all you write. Kim was definitely not showing her best game, especially in reception, so today it was time for the others to show that Korea is more than Kim and they did it.

And about Brazil, it confirms what I wrote during Turkey match. Most of them are not willing to work hard for success because they are too used to it. They have this attitude "we are Brazil, we are the best in the world" (their men team is even worse in this), so they are used to opponents who lose almost just out of respect, and as soon as there is more resistence than they expect, they get annoyed, but instead of playing better they play even worse and just seem to wait until the opponent finally stops the impertinence of not giving up. It's not like Brazil cannot play better, they simply don't want to, they just want to play well when the match is easy anyway and everything is flowers and sunshine. Turkey had too many problems with their own nerves to beat Brazil eventually, but Korea gave them a real bad blow today. The next match will tell a lot about the character of Brazilian players, but right now, I can see no way how they beat China...

I strongly agree. On a side note, I can see the team spirit with the other Brazil Team. Hopefully, that will be shown on Rio ( Daroit, Gabi, Andressa, Natasha and Suelen).

• 2006?
    I remember but in 2010

the first time I saw brazil save the ball with the foot was in the World Cup 2007, here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXTwIbZHvz0

save the ball with the foot is not new in volleyball.

• oops congrats to South Korea.. Im impressed by their victory.

Now things are getting complicated and im so excited about 4th games. I think we will likely have certain qualifiers. China - Brazil match is the key match as if China beats Brazil 3-0 or 3-1 then Korea will guarantee QF before Turkey match and Turkey will play for survival. Against a relaxed Korea it wont be difficult for Turkey to win the match and Turkey will get last spot for QF before last matches . So lets wait and see. 2 wonderful matches are waiting for us on Friday. And its Brazil performance which will decide who will go through.

• Big possible Eda Erdem will not play against Korea,it's gonna be a big miss for Turkey but i am sure they will do their best to stay in London :)

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• geez. i can't believe it.
    congratulations Korea.
    poor fabiana. don't give up.
    Go Brazil.

• Ohhhlalala! What a night with two great unforgettable games. It was actually expected many competitive games from Pool B before the tournament start but living this reality is just another feeling that could make even natural fans feel such an excitement. Big congrats for both USA and South Korea. Now, lets make some calculations;

Friday's games will begin with China-Brazil. Firstly, Brazil lowered their chances much to go through the next round by being beaten Korea tonight. No matter what happens Brazil will play that China game for taking 3 points which will be hard for them. Even if they get 3 points from China and Serbia games it will be still no guarantee to get a QF spot for them according to other possible results. So, Brazil will have advantage if they get 6 points from their last two games but their qualification will still depend on other results.

And then, coming Korea-Turkey game which will be hard to predict who will win but Turkey missed both Brazil and China games in a dramatic way. After that the players got a momentum and refreshed their confidence by beating Serbia. Everything seems fine for the players right now and i don't think we will lose once again even if Koreans available performance looks impressive. Another important note that Turkey will play their last game against a relaxed USA. If the things don't be seemed well for Turkey before the last matches, they will still force their chances till the last moments against USA.

Korea made a big step to reach QF. They won Serbia and Brazil games that means they will still need one more winning game against one of Turkey and China. The same words are valid for China too. They won Serbia and Turkey games which means they will need one more game against one of Brazil and Korea.

Overall, everything can happen in this group. Making prediction after that great games will not much sense in my opinion.

• And it will certainly make a difference in our Prediction Game :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• First of all I am really glad that Turkey is in Group B although we have a fair chance not to qualify QFs. I mean the most awesome, breathtaking matches are played between the teams in group B, this experience is better than beating Algeria or Britain in other group.

I also didn't expect such a clear win by Korea however let's face it, it was obvious that Korea is in amazing shape and Brasil is only a shadow of their best days. After this defeat, it is obvious that Brasil is the biggest disappointment of the tournament with Serbia (both are victim of bad roster choice and coaching failure) They are missing a powerful spiking OH such as Mari a lot. Taking Natalia to London was really stupid mistake however why doesn't Ze let her play as starter if she is healthy enough if not why is she in roster instead of Mari :mad: As a whole team, they don't fight as Matthias has mentioned before. I feel like a kind of arrogance in their face. Also Ze got slapped by the fact that his stupid setter choice was also sooo wrong. Unless there is a huge awakening, Brasil has no chance against China which played very well although they lost against USA with straight set. I wonder how they will perform against another disappointing team, Serbia :whistle: It is hard to believe that they have, now, fairly big chance to be eliminated in preliminaries, by considering there was too many people who point them out as medal contender before starting of games :roll:

For Korea, I don't agree with people who says other team members also helps a lot. It might be valid for specifically this match but we saw how they performed without Kim in GP. :roll: Kim is back bone of the team, not only by attacking force but also serving, blocking, receiving and motivating the team. From my point of view, Korea is still means Kim regardless of this exceptional match. :whistle: On the other hand, I think they are the most enjoyable team to watch, especially their setter Sa Nee is a very creative and smart one. :rose:

Future of group ranking is totally discombobulated :S Turkey can be out of tournament but also can be 3rd as well it will depend on our own performance. Although we played some disappointing sets, we've lost both Brasil and China matches dramatically. Thus, I am positive that we can still win Korea and take a point from USA.

Friday will be another breathtaking day, and although it is kinda tiring I love these volleyball watching marathon (6 matches in a row every other day :cheesy: )

• Korea won, I'm really glad!!! :D (Couldn't watch to rest of the match, cause I had to leave in the middle of the second set. Can't wait to catch up.)

Honestly, Brazil is in deep sh*t. Not to take away the korean merit, by no means. Brazil underperformed everytime in the Games. It's not a matter of replacing this or that player. The team as a whole has an awful attitude. I'm not emotionally invested. I was actually really glad Korea won, cause I wanted them to qualify. And I know Brazil's not going anywhere like this. I didn't believe we could grab a medal from the beginning. Now there's a chance we won't qualify. :what: Honest to God: I think this could mean a good shakeup, cause if we do move forward, there won't be much we can do after that. IMO, Zé Roberto screwed up a lot of things this olympic cycle. Some of the very good things he did in the last cycle, he did the exactly opposite now. You reap what you sow.

And, yay, Korea! :drink:

• Korea won, I'm really glad!!! :D (Couldn't watch to rest of the match, cause I had to leave in the middle of the second set. Can't wait to catch up.)

Honestly, Brazil is in deep sh*t. Not to take away the korean merit, by no means. Brazil underperformed everytime in the Games. It's not a matter of replacing this or that player. The team as a whole has an awful attitude. I'm not emotionally invested. I was actually really glad Korea won, cause I wanted them to qualify. And I know Brazil's not going anywhere like this. I didn't believe we could grab a medal from the beginning. Now there's a chance we won't qualify. :what: Honest to God: I think this could mean a good shakeup, cause if we do move forward, there won't be much we can do after that. IMO, Zé Roberto screwed up a lot of things this olympic cycle. Some of the very good things he did in the last cycle, he did the exactly opposite now. You reap what you sow.

And, yay, Korea! :drink:

EDIT: By the way, the whole Fabi foot thing: yeah, she's done it a lot in the past. I think ever since they allowed this rule, now and then, here in brazilian league, I see her trying to use it.

• First of all, Congratulations Korea.

Brasil NT is dead. How can we go from OG gold medalists to this?

We stlil have a lot of gold medalists in this team and they let the things go out of control :huh: ;(

The coach decisions were wrong, as I said before. I still can believe he took Natalia, and let Mari, Camila Brait out. :cursing:

Yes, Mari was not in her best shape, but she's mentally strong and can deal with pression. She's for sure a better replace for Sheila than Tandara :cursing: :cursing:

Adenizia should be in the starting lineup, but she isn't. :cursing: THAT'S NOT FAIR! :teach:

• I know Brasil is in deep sh*t since last year, but I never expected that much sh*t. :D :D :D :D :D

At least a five sets match, dammit :call:

• A Day of 3:0 :)

Congrats to Japan, Turkey, Russia, Italy, USA, and Korea.

Brazil need to organize and recompose themselves or else bid good bye on defending their Gold Medal. USA is proving how Good their team is and why they're no. 1 on the ranking.

Hope the 3 asian team make it to the QF and hopefully to SF. :)

:olympia:

• Congrats Turkish team,great performance,Serbia is so weak! :( Also big congrats to USA,once again showed their power,gold is almost secured!

• oops congrats to South Korea.. Im impressed by their victory.

Now things are getting complicated and im so excited about 4th games. I think we will likely have certain qualifiers. China - Brazil match is the key match as if China beats Brazil 3-0 or 3-1 then Korea will guarantee QF before Turkey match and Turkey will play for survival. Against a relaxed Korea it wont be difficult for Turkey to win the match and Turkey will get last spot for QF before last matches . So lets wait and see. 2 wonderful matches are waiting for us on Friday. And its Brazil performance which will decide who will go through.

Turkey-Korea and Brazil-China match must play at the same time.. it's not fair...

• I think that if Brazil is 4th at least in the group B, match Russia-Italy for 1st place will be "I wanna lose that match". But if I good remember last matches of group phase will be in group B.

• I think that if Brazil is 4th at least in the group B, match Russia-Italy for 1st place will be "I wanna lose that match". But if I good remember last matches of group phase will be in group B.

I'm sure Russia and Italy will both prefer playing against Brazil over having the risk of being drawn to play against China.

• I agree with Matthias!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.