2012 Olympic Games

• I'm sure Russia and Italy will both prefer playing against Brazil over having the risk of being drawn to play against China.

Brazil is always Brazil. I think They will wake up now.

• I think that if Brazil is 4th at least in the group B, match Russia-Italy for 1st place will be "I wanna lose that match". But if I good remember last matches of group phase will be in group B.

Honestly, China looks stronger to me right now. So I'd prefer Brazil for Russia.

• Honestly, China looks stronger to me right now. So I'd prefer Brazil for Russia.

I agree. Moreover China beat Russia in quartefinal 4 years ago so I think RUS wants to avoid them...

• In some way, it would be a repetition of 2008: back then, Russia as current world champion met in QF the defending Olympic champion, back then it was China. If they meet Brazil now it would be the same story, just with a different ending for Russia I think...

• I agree. Moreover China beat Russia in quartefinal 4 years ago so I think RUS wants to avoid them...

In the past olympics, China spell disaster for the Russians. Russia is vulnerable to their quick middle attacks. Although I expect Brazil to play better in the next matches, I still think Brazil is a less problematic opponent for them. :)

• In some way, it would be a repetition of 2008: back then, Russia is current world champion met in QF the defending Olympic champion, back then it was China. If they meet Brazil now it would be the same story, just with a different ending for Russia I think...

The ending must be defferent because it's last chance for Russian stars to win olympic gold. They simply can't lose in quartefinal 8)

Btw. I still can't uderstand how it's possible that Russia played so bad in Beijing. It was real dream team with Gamova, Sokolova, and Artamonova (4 years younger than now...). Caprara prepared something new for this games as they played many combinations and apparently it's not a good way for Russian team. It was a disaster.

• Btw. I still can't uderstand how it's possible that Russia played so bad in Beijing. It was real dream team with Gamova, Sokolova, and Artamonova (4 years younger than now...). Caprara prepared something new for this games as they played many combinations and apparently it's not a good way for Russian team. It was a disaster.

I think the Estes from 4 years ago was not better than the one right now...and back then, many players had problems with small injuries and all of them were not in best shape. But actually, they did not even play THAT bad, I also had that in my memory but recently I watched CHN-RUS QF again and the first two sets were very tight, Russia could have won them both but China always had a little more luck in the decisive points.

• I'm so sad that I decided to go to sleep not to watch the match till he end. But from the first set I saw potential in Korea team to win :thumbsup:

• And then, coming Korea-Turkey game which will be hard to predict who will win but Turkey missed both Brazil and China games in a dramatic way. After that the players got a momentum and refreshed their confidence by beating Serbia. Everything seems fine for the players right now and i don't think we will lose once again even if Koreans available performance looks impressive. Another important note that Turkey will play their last game against a relaxed USA. If the things don't be seemed well for Turkey before the last matches, they will still force their chances till the last moments against USA.

im surprised that u think everything seemed fine for turkey agains serbia :what: they won first and third set hardly,just serve points made the difference even against this bad serbia(u know they have the worst reception) :| ,and i think again there is a wrong thought according to GP2012,yep turkey beat korea(it was not easy too if i remember right 3 -1) but now everyhting is different.China beat turkey and right now i think korea is better than china.Sure anything can happen and turkey can beat korea but it seems hard to me,i guess korea will do everything at least take 2 sets which reduce turkey's chance to reach QF.

• and one more thing for china-brazil match,normally china should beat brazil in straight sets if we look how they r now but a chineese user wrote there that brazil was the hardest rival for china and they had always hard time against brazil,so its really hard to predict about this match.And yep china seems good now but when they cant use their middle/fast attacks they become suddenly an easy team to beat,cause their OHs cant make the difference.So i think brazil still has the chance,but im not agree with 'brazil is still brazil'. It seems brazil is just brazil :D and they may not reach even QF 8o

• I think the Estes from 4 years ago was not better than the one right now...and back then, many players had problems with small injuries and all of them were not in best shape. But actually, they did not even play THAT bad, I also had that in my memory but recently I watched CHN-RUS QF again and the first two sets were very tight, Russia could have won them both but China always had a little more luck in the decisive points.

As a part of my preparations to the OG I watched this quartefinal too. 8) I had a feeling that RUS didn't create a real team. It was a group of players who played alone.. What's more I think that Estes didn't fit to this team. She was w new player in Caprara's team and it was risky to let her play in starting six...

In London Estes can be very useful as a substitute (she can replace Goncharova in backrow).

• As a part of my preparations to the OG I watched this quartefinal too. 8) I had a feeling that RUS didn't create a real team. It was a group of players who played alone.. What's more I think that Estes didn't fit to this team. She was w new player in Caprara's team and it was risky to let her play in starting six...

In London Estes can be very useful as a substitute (she can replace Goncharova in backrow).

do you know a link in youtube or somewhere where I can watch that quarterfinal? I only saw snippets of it. Thanks in advance! :)

• do you know a link in youtube or somewhere where I can watch that quarterfinal? I only saw snippets of it. Thanks in advance! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4lgCx0eK1I
    On our forum (in multimedia section) there was links but I don't know if they are still work...

• I'm sure Russia and Italy will both prefer playing against Brazil over having the risk of being drawn to play against China.

But you know China has long been afraid of Italy.
    So I guess Italy will prefer playing China.
    But of course considering the bad form of Brazil, Italy and Russia would be okay to play Brazil.

• Brazil, what can i say???

First, i don't know why Ze choose Fernandinha to be in OG. She did nothing special in Gran Prix. Ze always said that to be in OG the player should had played the whole cicle. I have doubts if he choose Fernandinha only because she will be in his team next season. Fabiola and Dani are not great setters, they are not stable, but Fernandinha isnt't either.

What Natalia is doing there if she can't attack?? WHy Tandara is there if Ze don't trust in her?? It would be bettter to have Camila Brait and Sassa.

I think Ze is totally lost in this OG. He don't know what to do.

Paula and Jaque, who is worst now?? Fernanda Garay is playing quite well. Sheille please, show that u can play without a good setter, because playing great wiht Fofao is so easy.

I don't know if Brazil will win China if they don't change everthing. Notthing is working in NT at this moment.

• And it will certainly make a difference in our Prediction Game :D

Haha you know it is a different story. :)

im surprised that u think everything seemed fine for turkey agains serbia :what: they won first and third set hardly,just serve points made the difference even against this bad serbia(u know they have the worst reception) :| ,and i think again there is a wrong thought according to GP2012,yep turkey beat korea(it was not easy too if i remember right 3 -1) but now everyhting is different.China beat turkey and right now i think korea is better than china.Sure anything can happen and turkey can beat korea but it seems hard to me,i guess korea will do everything at least take 2 sets which reduce turkey's chance to reach QF.

You may be right but Serbia is not like Algeria or GB. So, it is normal that they gave some hard moments to their hard opponents. Reception is their weak points and our players managed to use that weakness turning to the points and solve them at the end of the sets. It was a must win game, (imagine the pressure on the players after losing the first two competitive games)and the players just did the job well, i think. I read their statements to the media. It was simply said that everyone was relaxed at last. I think the game against Serbia was played at the right time for us and as i said they got the momentum and refreshed their confidence before coming another thrilling games. Furthermore, WGP games are in the past anymore. Yeah, Turkey won Korea two times with the same score in 4 at the WGP but no doubt this will make no sense about the coming games.

About China-Brazil game, it will be the first game on Friday and China can't risk their chance and will see that game as an at least must taking two sets game. Otherwise, if China lose against Brazil in 3 or 4 then there will be possibility that China-Korea game will be do or die game for them. So they will do everything to take at least two sets on Friday.

On the other hand our players talking to the media much about playing China game at 9:30 just after meeting Brazil at 22.30. Captain Esra told many things about the time differences between the games affected badly many players in the team. Playing a game at 9:30 means for players waking up at 5:00 or 5:30 am. It may be normal if your every game was played at the same time but after playing the last game the day before, waiting the first game of the day for the next match will may affect the team performance badly. The same scenario waiting for Brazil now. I am curious how Brazilian players will react. One thing is sure that they have no luxury anymore whatever happens.

• I just got back from a trip and surely couldn't watch the match...but What can I say...Unbelievable. Korea beat Brazil straight :white:

• I hope for a win of China against Brasil and Turkey against Korea, so that USA, Korea, Turkey and China can advance to the next round.

I hope Turkey to win as well, but I think it will be very hard... :whistle:

• I hope Turkey to win as well, but I think it will be very hard... :whistle:

Yes, but our last real match against Korea was a 3-2 win for them when main rosters were playing. Now, the turkish girls know Kim and her play. I still hope for a win for us, because yesterday Ze did not prepare his team well enough against Korea. The cards are open and anything is possible.