2012 Olympic Games

• Estes defends very well when she is in the right position, but when she has to run to reach the ball, she sometimes looks embarassing. But in general, Russia defends quite well and in this 4th set the match is finally fun to watch :thumbup:

i think she cannot bend more when running because of her back

• So Russia passed their first real test quite well, even though they didn't play absolutely convincing they never were in danger of losing the match. But now, I begin to think that Ovchinnikov intends to keep Estes as starter, and I can't see her being good enough to beat the big teams :S

• Congratulations Russia! I was not able to watch the game well thanks to a poor stream. What I watched mostly is: a player goes for a serve then stream collapses for a few seconds then afterwards, the team is already celebrating a point. Lol. I knew Goncharova would be the target of the Japanese serves but from the little of what I saw, she handled them well. Judging from the comments here, Estes played well on defense. I saw Lyuba entered the court but I was not able to see if she did well. Overall, glad for Russia's win today! :)

• I did not watched Brasil vs China, 3x2 wasn't an option :down:

My mind is in Rio 2016 already :whistle:

• So Russia passed their first real test quite well, even though they didn't play absolutely convincing they never were in danger of losing the match. But now, I begin to think that Ovchinnikov intends to keep Estes as starter, and I can't see her being good enough to beat the big teams :S

I agree on that. Of course, I do applaud Estes' efforts for the team and she's certainly a very good player but I think the best she can do for them now is for defense and to sub Goncharova in back row for reception.

• Congrats for the winners of today. I haven't watched any game today but the 3-2 score of Bra-Chn game was the worst score for Turkey as many of you said here. Now, everything will depend on our performance for the next matches. When it comes to the last matches for our qualification, everything can happen but we must surpass Korea first whatever the score is.

• I missed the match this time ;( Anyway, according to stats Japan couldn't manage to score neither by Yamaguchi nor Shinnabe. Ebata is generally scoring well why don't they use Sakoda as Opp and Ebata&Kimura as OH, Sakoda doesn't receive anyway :whistle: Has Manabe tried this rotation ever? ?(

• I don't know If I WANT Brasil in the quarterfinals :whistle:

We may face Russia already.

It will be heartbreaking...

Actually, I don't know what's worst :white: