2012 Olympic Games

• That makes me worry much more about the Italy-Russia match. I think the proposed scenario I just mentioned is the most likely case and neither Italy nor Russia want to go up against Brazill in the quarters regardless of how erratic their play has been.

but then i would not agree..because who wants to face the US in the semis?

• That makes me worry much more about the Italy-Russia match. I think the proposed scenario I just mentioned is the most likely case and neither Italy nor Russia want to go up against Brazill in the quarters regardless of how erratic their play has been.

I 'd rather have Russia face Brazil than for them to face usa next :).

• If Turkey loses 3-2 and Brazil wins 3-0 both teams will have 7 points and the set ratios will be the same as well. IF that happens, what will be the criteria to determine the 4th team in the pool, the number of wins or points ratio?

• Hello girls and guys

I'm french & I'm using this link to watch games in different sports.
    You can choose the sport (first, volley, of course :-)) up of the page
    or another day with some replay
    Not for all games. You have to ways : full of the game or most important sequences

http://les-jeux-olympiques-201…tats-calendrier/list.html

Enjoy everybody !

F4 2011: Fener-Vakif GSTT 4-13 at the end of tie break 1/2 final. Vakif' winner C'L. 2013 and 44 victories Just amazing :rose:
    "Léo" flag bearer at the Olympics 2012

• If Turkey loses 3-2 and Brazil wins 3-0 both teams will have 7 points and the set ratios will be the same as well. IF that happens, what will be the criteria to determine the 4th team in the pool, the number of wins or points ratio?

Brazil would have 3 wins when turkey 2 so it means brazil would be in QF

After points, Match Win-Loss Ratio is the tiebreak.

The only way for Turkey to advance is to win vs USA, by any set score.

• but then i would not agree..because who wants to face the US in the semis?

Yes, but the semis is already the medal round. If you're out in the quarters you are done. I would bet a lot of money that if you asked Russia they'd say they'd rather play Turkey, China or Korea in the quarters than play Brazil

• It´s true China, Korea and Turkey have shown they can play good, but honestly, in a QF-matchup I would still prefer them before Brazil seven days a week anyway. But with that said, I wouldnt like to face USA in semis either, however they needs to be beaten in the final anyway if u wants the gold, so it isnt that important.

• and Russia have an psychological advantage againts Brazil....and i doubt if brazil can ever break the curse against Russia when ever the meet in an crucial match

It's Korea's fault. They totally messed-up the standings of pool B. I expected them to be Russia's opponent in quarterfinals, not Brazil. :lol:

• After points, Match Win-Loss Ratio is the tiebreak.

The only way for Turkey to advance is to win vs USA, by any set score.

Thank you for the informations :)

We must win, and I believe we can do it. It is the same scenario in last ECH. We have to win against Italy which was the last champion of the last 2 editions and we did it. Now, it is harder but we can do it! Go girls! :super:

• The first game of Pool B was ended as expected. Any score except finishing in 5 would be big surprise for me. Now, it is our turn. Can't wait.

Go girls!

• It's a bit ridiculous seeing China players jumping like they had won a suffered match when they reach 3-2 :aww:

when your team had secured a position never dropping to the 4th, you will understand the reason they feel overjoyed like this.
    obviously it is not a fixed game, Korea has shown they could beat any team...and China is not strong enough to dominate any team...3-2 is a normal score in such a crucial game for the both teams.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• From press conference:

Telling that they didn't know that 3-2 gets them both to next round sounds a little ridiculous :roll:

• Lol dont get me wrong i just ask it for fun :thumbsup: if usa beat turkey will u turn ur avatar 'No we couldnt' :D ?

I don't know what i will do in that situation but we believe in this team even if the road seems harder than it should be. So, supporting to the team will continue till the game ends. :)

• It's always the team that didn't take care of business on their own end and try to place the blame on other teams. Thai fans did the same a few months ago and now it's Turkey's turn. If Turkey would have played better against Brazil and Korea they wouldn't be in this situation. You can whine and complain all you want about match-fixing and such but at the end of the day if they don't qualify they have no one else to blame but themselves,