2012 Olympic Games

• Kim is one of the best players in the world, but in the last matches she looked a littler weaker than in the first,

I think you´re expektations on Kim is bit 2 high. I mean against China last round she scored 32p and had 50% effectivity in attack, and was effective in both blocking and serving. She was even better against Brazil, but why complain about that this was weaker, when she still performs a super match like almost no one else can do against teams at this level?

• Congrats to Dream Team USA.
    and
    Congrats to Turkey, for their first ever journey in Olympics.

I have to say I really enjoyed the first set very much. Especially Turkey played amazing and leading something like 13 - 7 in the first set. But it seems like it is a tradition that if they lead a set to loose easily points. If they only could manage to stay focused better and win the 1st set, the result could be seem different. But anyway, I am very happy about the first set. Sadly enough they didnt play the whole match with this level or even the whole tournament against Brasil, China and Korea.

What annoys me the most in turkish team and players and stuff is, that they choose specific matches as their goal and other matches not.
    They dont take every match important and play step by step. They have to play each game as concentrated as others and give each match 100% performance. Today USA taught a lesson to them, that even they finished and guaranteed as 1.st in the group they did not loose their focuse and played very well.

Turkey has to keep working on defense, reception but most importantly at blocking ! This is really a mess !

• I think you´re expektations on Kim is way 2 high. I mean against China last round she scored 32p and had 50% effectivity in attack, and was effective in both blocking and serving. She was even better against Brazil, but why complain about that this was weaker, when she still performs a super match like almost no one else can do against teams at this level?

it's true that kim had 50% in attack butn if we use the olympic system which is pts-errors/number of attempts her efficiency would only be 29.6% which is way below her average of 35.55%

• Best scorers, group stage

1. Kim Yeon-Koung 137p
    2. Destinee Hooker 104p
    3. Ekaterina Gamova 99p
    4. Natasha Goncharova 97p
    5. Neslihan Darnel 86p
    6. Sheila Castro 85p

• I have some questions, volleyball fans:

The quarterfinals have been set like these:

13:00 Quarterfinal #2 - JAPAN vs CHINA
    15:00 Quarterfinal #1 - RUSSIA vs BRAZIL
    19:00 Quarterfinal #4 - USA vs DR
    21:00 Quarterfinal #3 - ITALY vs KOREA

While the semifinals:

15:00 Semifinal #2
    19:30 Semifinal #1

My question is, which teams are going to play in the semifinal #1? Is it from the bracket of Japan-China-Russia-Brazil? and semifinal #2 from the USA-DR-Italy-Korea bracket?

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• i'm happy that brazil got through the preliminaries... but russia already?!?!??!???!!??!? ;(

if russia wins against brazil (which most probably will, given the way brazil plays plus how gamova and goncharova are merciless in attacks), i wish they will finally win gold. I will be the happiest man on earth if i finally see the gold medal on estes' neck (one of the best volleyball olympians without a gold medal). she, more than any athletes, deserves a gold medal.

• Does anybody have some news about Berg? is it serious about her injured?
    I'm worry about her because Thompson is irregular player.

• So, USA and Italy will face each others in the semifinals. :box:

And who wins from the match Brazil vs Russia is basically in the final (with all the respect for Japan and China, but I don't think they can beat Russia :D ).

• Stupid new rule by the FIVB. just plain stupid. why are set wins / points are considered first than the Win-Loss card? I find no logic in here at all. what's the purpose of winning a game if they're gonna look first on how many sets or how many points you earned? Win-Loss card should be given priority first and if in case there is a tie, then set points ratio will be the basis.I think this new rule would highly favor teams who can easily win against weak opponents but has the capability to extend the match into five sets against very strong opponents (JAPAN?).

• So, USA and Italy will face each others in the semifinals. :box:

And who wins from the match Brazil vs Russia is basically in the final (with all the respect for Japan and China, but I don't think they can beat Russia :D ).

You think Brazil with this bad form can beat Japan??
    Don't forget Japan beat 3:0 Brazil in 2011 World Cup?
    BTW Russia will win Brazil
    and I think China can still win over Japan in a tight 5 sets.

• You think Brazil with this bad form can beat Japan??
    Don't forget Japan beat 3:0 Brazil in 2011 World Cup?
    BTW Russia will win Brazil
    and I think China can still win over Japan in a tight 5 sets.

Actually, I think that China win, not Japan. I don't see Japan wining this match, China is doing great job.

And I love my NT, but they like 5% of chances against Russia. Sad but true :tzz:

So I not really worried about semifinals :D :D :D

If we go to five sets match against Russia I should be more than happy :thumbsup:

We don't have spikers that can face Russia block (Garay, Jaqueline and Paula against Russia block makes me :gone: and Natalia is not even an option :pinch: )

So the semifinals matches IMO are:

Russia vs China
    USA vs Italy

And I don't think Russia gonna lose this match :whistle:

:wavy:

• In my opinion, Russia is clearly the favourite to advance to the semifinals in the match against Brazil for two reasons:

1) They are more regular and more confident;
    2) Brazil's team defense is a joke;

I am a fan of Brazil's team but I just can't see Brazil beating Russia this time playing the way they are. I believe Russia's team will beat Brazil in straight sets.

• USA was phenomenal,but I'm so sorry for Turkey! I think they deserved to play in quarter-finals!

• In my opinion, Russia is clearly the favourite to advance to the semifinals in the match against Brazil for two reasons:

1) They are more regular and more confident;
    2) Brazil's team defense is a joke;

I am a fan of Brazil's team but I just can't see Brazil beating Russia this time playing the way they are. I believe Russia's team will beat Brazil in straight sets.

sad but true... :wacko:

• Congrats. Usa team. Their block-defence was amazing.their block-defence system's level is very high and they interestingly one second didnt let it loose.If they had done we would have got first set.They had amazing saves..But i was angry with Usa coas for not letting Tayyiba play instead of Hooker.Hooker could have been injuried like Berg.he shouldnt have risked her.They played defence like they were playing gold medal match.If Tayyiba were playing maybe we would have had better chance....we could have got first set but Neriman's reception mistake and Gözde's spiking mistake hurt us..Hooker played well but she all the time attacked against single blocks..

i think Usa will get the gold but i want it to be as hard as possible.there must be all the time double blocks in front of Hooker and one player must wait on the baselinee bcz Hooker mainly spikes onto baseline.LOgan and Larson are not unstoppable spikers....as i said Usa's difference is neither Hooker nor Larson but their stable block defence sysytem.Logan and Larson's stable jump serves are very useful for Usa as well.

who can beat usa? Bra,maybe Russia or China..

• And why do they deserve it? They played a great match against Brazil, no doubt about that, but in the other matches they were not really outstanding. Kim is one of the best players in the world, but in the last matches she looked a littler weaker than in the first, Han only played well against Brazil, Kim Sa Nee is a great setter, but the others are not world class players.

Then who deserves it more can you name me a team? Korea deserves it obviously. Korea defeated the reigning olympic champions 3-0 and not many teams could do that in this olympics even Italy cant do that (though they could beat Korea). Exactly, Kim is a world class player so i really dont see the logic why they dont deserve to be in the semis. They also have a world class setter and a libero. Han is really good. So any other teams who deserve to be in the semi-finals other than Korea? Turkey perhaps?