2012 Olympic Games

• its interesting Fabiana couldnt score a point in three attemps and BRasil called time-out and i saw her face and it was like "Brasil would lose the match bcz of me" , then Brasil caught the chance of match point and Fabiana made the match point and made her team to the Semi-final.

• i dont think Japan can eliminate Japan...They have the power to eliminate but in the end it seems Brasil will win.

Japan doesn't afraid of Brazil spike,
    and their defense can really kill Brazil.

• Noooo! So sad for Sokolova, Artamonova and Gamova! ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

• Did I good notice that Startseva forgot about Gamova on 5th set? Maybe She wasn't in good form today but Gamova is always Gamova and forgot Her in tie break? Such tie break? Sheshenina would send Her every ball for sure if She played.

By they way such mistake in tie break- Garay ball was so clear in. Ze will say now that every Referee from Asia is against Brazil and who does know?..

• Amazing match and congratulations to Brazil! That was Sheilla circa 08' and that I've been waiting to see since Beijing. I am glad Brazil was able to put things together because we all knew they had the potential to play much better than they have been in the past. What it came down to was Fe Garay actually served a tough ball. Russia had all those match points but just lobbed the ball in easily and Brazil was able to sideout without any problems.

• the problem is mentall<.. if Japan can believe that they can beat Brasil then they can succed but im not sure if they trust in themselves..

Even Japan beat China
    but I still hope Japan can win over Brazil
    I just don't want Brazil to get into the final.
    sorry for Brazil fans

• I'm still in shock! What a match... and I am sooo happy for Brazil and Ze. :woohoo: They were practically on their plane back home and now they're in the semifinals after a battle, that surely puts them right back to the top. GREAT match by Thaisa and Dani Lins, who used her middleblockers very often. I was a little bit angry at her at in the tie-break, when she set too many balls to Sheilla, but overall good performance by her. And Sheilla had few ups and downs, but in the fifth set she killed balls that were needed to kill.

I found Russians asleep through most of the match. Gamova was not herself and so was Obmochaeva. Luba played as in old times... but Garay made that ace on her. I don't really like Russia, but I'm sorry for Gamova and Sokolova. Someone had to lose..

Wow, what a day! :obey:

• Russia's reception and blocks were bad. I think their serves were very easy to receive which allowed Dani Lins to make combination plays. I think she was the game-changer for Brazil. Before, she was underestimated but after this match, I think her confidence will fly to soaring heights. On the other hand, Russia's game was too predictable. Middles were completely absent from attack and it was all balls to the outside hitters. Gamova was not able to repeat her wch 2010 performance. On the other hand, Lyuba did great. She made lots of critical points Really sad for her, Gamova, and Estes who all worked hard to earn that very elusive gold at their most probably last attempt. I was thinking if it's Russia who could manage to stop usa but sadly, we won't be able to see them try. ;(

Sorry for the lengthy post. Just a heartbroken Russia fan. Now, onto the next match and congratulations again to Brazil :)

i'm with you kabayan...what a heartbreaker match. my heart is so heavy. anyways congrats to brazil.

• At least Sokolova, Ata, Gamova have 2 WCH Gold medals

• At least Sokolova, Ata, Gamova have 2 WCH Gold medals

sokolova and gamova = 2 silver OG, 2 gold WCH

artamonovs = 3 silver OG, 2 WCH

gold OG is still every athlete's ultimate dream though.... ;(

• Brazilian narrator kept screaming "Brazil resurged! Brazil resurged!" And all I can think about is "The Dark Knight Rises", cause they translated the title in portuguese to "resurge" instead of "rise", and Brazil truly rose from a deep well in this competition. Damn it. I was so uninvested. I kinda feel cheated... :lol: I supported the team so freaking much in 04, and 06, and 10, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it again this time around, because of everything that went on, and because I knew so much about Russia's mental strenght. But that was freaking epic, man. That was epic.

• Hey i felt bad....Luba will retire from Russian NT :white: ....Actually i always wanted her to retire bcz she was a great player but she has always been back to the Russian nT.....now i want to say "Luba be back to the Russian Nt again and agaian please!!! ?( :huh:

• Sheilla made the difference in tiebreak, she was unstoppable. Russia without Sokolova could lose last set more quickly. Unfortunately reception in crucial moment on russian's side spoilt whole effort. Since the end of 4th set Gamova disappeared, she couldn't score any point in tiebreak. Anyway, semifinal will be really interersting, I hope that will be as good as in WCH 2010 :roll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• sokolova played well in the 5th set :super: but her teammates as not able to keep up with her :down: nonetheless the important thing is brazil won :woohoo:

• well in this competition. Damn it. I was so uninvested. I kinda feel cheated... I supported the team so freaking much in 04, and 06, and 10, and I ju

epic is an understatement. that tie-break (i know i'm repeating myself), is worth the finals... but yeah, like somebody had stated, someone has to lose. if only brazil played this well in the preliminaries.... which brings the question, why didn't play like this in the preliminaries???????? :(