2012 Olympic Games

• I'm really happy with Brazil's team second Gold Medal in the OG.
    Brazil peaked at the right moment and the epic victory over Russia gave the team the energy to go after the Gold Medal.

Brazil could have finished 9th in this competition and thank to the US team we survived the preliminary round. Against Russia, when the match was 19-18 against us, Russia had the counter-attack and we were able to dig and score the point in attack. Again we escaped the 5th place in the competition and were able to fight for Gold.

Now we are the Olympic Champions for the second time in a row and the what was the key for Brazil's success was their fighting spirit and will to win. They were not brilliant technically throughout the tournament, but they played the last matches with their heart.

I would like to congratulate the American team. These girls are just great and they don't deserve to be criticized for finishing 2nd. I am pretty sure the US girls have a brilliant future ahead of them and it's not the colour of the medal hanging in their chest which will make them less brilliant or outstanding than they are.

I would also like to congratulate the Russian girls for their campaign. They were unlucky in the quarterfinals but no one can deny how strong the Russian team is.

Finally, I would like to congratulate Japan for their Bronze Medal after 36 years. Even not being tall these girls prove they can be medallists because of their excellent technique.

• i only wish MARI is here... ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

• Turkish fans find a way to talk about Turkey even when they're not playing in the match :) We all know that Brazil won because Fabiana played in Fenerbache this year!

• spike block serve total
    1 KIM Yeon-Koung 185 15 7 207
    2 HOOKER Destinee 136 21 4 161
    3 KIMURA Saori 133 5 4 142
    4 CASTRO Sheilla 121 9 10 140
    5 GAMOVA Ekaterina 99 18 7 124

• There's a lot of posters commenting that USA should have thrown the match vs Turkey. I completely disagree. I believe playing full out vs Turkey was the right call. Anything less would have been a disservice to the sport and the fans.

And even though USA lost the Gold medal, I have to say.... It has been an absolute pleasure supporting them through this quadrennial. ^^

• And even though USA lost the Gold medal, I have to say.... It has been an absolute pleasure supporting them through this quadrennial. ^^

Completely agree.

At the end of the day it's still a game and the effort was there and that's all you can ask for. Brazil outplayed them and deserved the title. Life moves on and they'll take it in stride.

• Sorry but USA didnt move logically .They should let win turkey in group maches to out brazil so they killed theirself
    congratulaions brazil i am happy to win you ^^

It's a bit ironic that USA is the team that let Brazil entes QF
    and they lost to them in final
    but if they did let Turkey wins, people will complain about losing on purpose
    so they did the right thing imo
    and no one knows what will happen if Turkey enters instead of Brazil
    maybe Russia will win gold

• i think Fabi,Paula wont be in Rio 2016...maybe Sheila and jaque??

Fabi said she wanted to play till Rio but she will she how her physical shape is and make that decision. I think after this win though it's safe to say that as many of the current team will do their best to play in Rio.

• It's a bit ironic that USA is the team that let Brazil entes QF
    and they lost to them in final
    but if they did let Turkey wins, people will complain about losing on purpose
    so they did the right thing imo
    and no one knows what will happen if Turkey enters instead of Brazil
    maybe Russia will win gold

Maybe. İt is my opinion.

• Exactly. And all joking aside, I really believe that if they could turn back time, they would do the same again.

I am sure they would. And to be honest, it makes me sick to read comments like USA should have let Turkey win, then they would have won Gold. The only reason they did not win Gold was that they did not play well today, that might as well have happened against Russia. People who make such comments have no idea about fairness and sportsmanship, or in short, the Olympic ideals. And the same people are those who whine loudest when their own team has a disadvantage because someone else forgets those ideals. I am sure USA values a honest Silver much higher than a dirty Gold medal by eliminating a potentially dangerous opponent by intentionally losing a match :!:

Looks like there will be no player awards, at least not in the official ceremony.

• how do you know USA would be able to beat Russia ? At least Russian team pushed Brazilian to the edge. Give me a break.

Usa said always we won this olympic etc..
    Usa better than russia.

• i know its unfair but Spanish basketball team lost to Brasil intentionally to avoid facing Usa male basketball team at SF...seems usa women female team did right thing but..i dont know this is gold medal match and....anyway...

• All the people who were putting money on USA, there you go. USA girls can't handle pressure, half the team has never been in an Olympics final. I can not believe no one see this coming. Only a miracle can save them.

I saw this coming! brazil will always be brazil. like what i said repeatedly, NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THEM!!! :P :heart: :box: :win: :super: