Italy - Serie A1 Femminile 2012/2013

• "And they lived happily ever after... "

I want to begin from this, as you have already understood, this is my farewell letter to Volley Bergamo.

When I started to type it on the keyboard I thought: I must write a beautiful letter. But then I realized that there are no words to describe my biggest professional love story. Foppa has been half of my life and Bergamo my home.

I leave for the sake of the club, we are all going through hard times, I could have claimed my contract to be respected, but my love for this club and the people who work in it is too big.

My sacrifice was necessary in order to keep Foppa alive, I'm the captain, I took charge of the responsibilities of my role and, as always, I made this decision with heart.

I want to thank first of all the president and the club directors, Foppa Pedretti family and the great grandpa Ezio, all the people working in the staff, secretaries, everybody.

"Once upon a time... "

I arrived in Bergamo when I was a young girl, now I leave it as a woman and a champion. With you I rejoiced and cried, got angry and laughed. In short, we lived and grew up together. We have conquered Italy and Europe many times. We have beaten up everyone, no one excluded.

I dedicate these last words to Nobiltà Rossoblu and all the supporters. Nobody is like you. Everybody sing when they win... You sing always...

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Francesca Piccinini

• This news is not a surprise... Bergamo is not the first team and unfortunately won't be the last one!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I really like players who become brandmark of a club; such as Piccini in Bergamo, Ravva in Cannes, Nikoliç in Vakıfbank... It is both nice for club and perfromance of players...

• I really like players who become brandmark of a club; such as Piccini in Bergamo, Ravva in Cannes, Nikoliç in Vakıfbank... It is both nice for club and perfromance of players...

I agree...that it is why it is so sad to know Picci won't play anymore in Bergamo! ;( she will play against! :wall: ;(

• These thinks sometimes happens... Italy now doesn't live in a very good times...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• There are some problems between Urbino and Ivana Djerisilo. Apparently they won't pay her salaries because they claim her shoulder injury happened before she joined the club. It looks like they will go to court.

Does anyone know more?

• There are some problems between Urbino and Ivana Djerisilo. Apparently they won't pay her salaries because they claim her shoulder injury happened before she joined the club. It looks like they will go to court.

Does anyone know more?

for what I know Djerisilo's agent is claiming that Urbino didn't pay her, while Urbino is saying that due to her injuries she didn't perform so much time...the agent seems quite determind and Urbino's registration is in danger...

• Ivana Djerisilo spoke up about her case. She has sued Urbino because they have paid her only one monthly salary since she joined the team. According to her, Blagojevic, Crisanti and Sirressi haven't been paid in 5 months as well, and they're probably also going to sue the club.
    It doesn't look good for Urbino...

• Instead in A2, three teams haven't applied to join next season. They are Biancoforno Santa Croce, Rota Mercato San Severino and Esse-Ti La Nef Loreto.

So now requests for registrations will be asseded by Lega and 16th July we'll know if all the teams are able to join next season.

14 teams are:
    • Pallavolo Villanterio Pavia
    • VBC Pallavolo Rosa Casalmaggiore
    • Agil Volley Novara (buy rights of Volley Club 1999 Busnago)
    • Volley Soverato
    • Montichiari Volley Femminile
    • La Terra del Volley Fontanellato
    • IHF Volley Frosinone
    • Polisportiva Antares Sala Consilina
    • Volley San Vito
    • Pallavolo Ornavasso
    • Promoball V.B.F. Flero
    • Azzurra Volley San Casciano
    • Pallavolo Marsala
    • G.S. Volley Cadelbosco

• Ivana Djerisilo spoke up about her case. She has sued Urbino because they have paid her only one monthly salary since she joined the team. According to her, Blagojevic, Crisanti and Sirressi haven't been paid in 5 months as well, and they're probably also going to sue the club.
    It doesn't look good for Urbino...

Joana, can you give me the source?

• Foppa roster so far for next season:

S: Kathleen Weiss, Martina Balboni
    Opp: Valentina Diouf, ?
    OH: Chiara Di Iulio, Jelena Blagojevic, ?
    MB: Marina Zambelli, ?, Cristina Chirichella
    L: Enrica Merlo, Angela Gabbiadini

• Pavia want to play again in A1

• Foppa roster so far for next season:

S: Kathleen Weiss, Martina Balboni
    Opp: Valentina Diouf, ?
    OH: Chiara Di Iulio, Jelena Blagojevic, ?
    MB: Marina Zambelli, ?, Cristina Chirichella
    L: Enrica Merlo, Angela Gabbiadini

Foppa looks worse than last year in terms of players..

• Foppa looks worse than last year in terms of players..

Worse than last year but not that bad. They will have better setter and Merlo will be recovered. Diouf can't be worse than Quaranta. Di lulio and Blagojeviç are decent receivers, the biggest loss for them will be MBs. With short but good receiving OHs, they should have scorer MBs (Strashmira, Gioli etc.) but even if they manage to keep Nucu and Ruseva it will be enough to play for play-off :whistle:

I wonder how Zambelli will play in A1, she was very promising in her junior year