Italy - Serie A1 Femminile 2012/2013

• Yamamay fans,

What position do you think Faucette should play on the team? Is she better on the left-side or as Opposite?

In college, she played on the left-side but did not receive-serve. Is her ball control still inconsistent?

• Yamamay fans,

What position do you think Faucette should play on the team? Is she better on the left-side or as Opposite?

In college, she played on the left-side but did not receive-serve. Is her ball control still inconsistent?

I saw her as OH and she's pretty okay when it comes to receiving, not great though. She's quite versatile because she can kill balls in both sides.

• Yamamay fans,

IMO it depends not so much on her but on Brinker/Kozuch this season. Whoever of them plays worse has to be replaced by Faucette...and right now that would be Kozuch, but recently Faucette rather played as OH instead of Brinker.

• IMO it depends not so much on her but on Brinker/Kozuch this season. Whoever of them plays worse has to be replaced by Faucette...and right now that would be Kozuch, but recently Faucette rather played as OH instead of Brinker.

I agree with you...the best would be to have her ready to substitute both Kozuch and Brinker! anyway to me she is not that bad in reception, she can improve a lot! I'd say she is like Meijners or Havelkova last year and with Marcon and Leonardi Busto can handle it

• I agree with you...the best would be to have her ready to substitute both Kozuch and Brinker! anyway to me she is not that bad in reception, she can improve a lot! I'd say she is like Meijners or Havelkova last year and with Marcon and Leonardi Busto can handle it

For me, the biggest problem with Busto right now is that Lloyd is not in form, recently coming back from injury. Once she gets back in top shape (which I am sure she will-such a great player), Busto will have to do something about Kozuch's inconsistency. Havlickova was underrated, especially with how she had very few bad matches and would always be able to put at least some balls down. Even when Kozuch is playing well, she is liable to go off and make tons of errors.

• I think Busto as a hole still very long way from their best form. Many players changed and is kind of normal in a beginning of season to have some trouble, specially when you have to make travels and have less time to train.

I feel Kozuch still not much effective, so I believe Faucette can be important to split this attack responsibility with her playing as OH. In other hand I think Brinker has been one of the most consistent players for Busto at this point, so I can't really imagine the team without her right now.

So, hard choices for Parisi I think, but I guess till Kozuch finds her best game I would start playing with Faucette as OH.

• For me, the biggest problem with Busto right now is that Lloyd is not in form, recently coming back from injury. Once she gets back in top shape (which I am sure she will-such a great player), Busto will have to do something about Kozuch's inconsistency. Havlickova was underrated, especially with how she had very few bad matches and would always be able to put at least some balls down. Even when Kozuch is playing well, she is liable to go off and make tons of errors.

Lloyd looked pretty in form to me. She had great connection with both Bauer and Arrighetti against GS and in their last Italian League match. Bottom line is that you can't win matches against top teams when you're opposite player has negative efficiency numbers. Brinker was never an offensive powerhouse to begin with so I never really anticipated her numbers would be great but Kozuch's latest performances have been downright terrible.

• I think right now should play Faucette as starting opposite

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Lloyd looked pretty in form to me. She had great connection with both Bauer and Arrighetti against GS and in their last Italian League match. Bottom line is that you can't win matches against top teams when you're opposite player has negative efficiency numbers. Brinker was never an offensive powerhouse to begin with so I never really anticipated her numbers would be great but Kozuch's latest performances have been downright terrible.

Never? Just remember the match between usa-germany in the world cup 2011,brinker had almost a great match against usa and she was the most valuable player if i remember right 8o ,i dont like this underestimate.Just im agree with german players cant be such effective as unique.Already i think yamamay doesnt expect a great show from brinker and kozuch.Its enough if they can show a normal performance or more.Brinker seems almost does what is expected from her but kozuch is still so far away even from 'normal' performance.So i guess trying her as OH and faucette as Opp can be good

• IMO, the execs of Busto Arsizio should have hired Maret Grothues and Judith Pietersen instead of Maren Brinker and Margareta Kozuch. I believe the dutch duet would be more effective than the german one. :)

• IMO, the execs of Busto Arsizio should have hired Maret Grothues and Judith Pietersen instead of Maren Brinker and Margareta Kozuch. I believe the dutch duet would be more effective than the german one. :)

Pietersen??? :what: Kozuch might be pathetic right now, but for sure Pietersen doesn't have the level to play in an Italian top team either...

• Pietersen??? :what: Kozuch might be pathetic right now, but for sure Pietersen doesn't have the level to play in an Italian top team either...

Right! Also Grothues would be very useless as well since Busto has already Marcon who is playing like a second libero. What Busto needs is an offensive OH who has reasonable reception. So only useful Dutches would be Bujs or Sloetjes ;) On the other hand, I am not sure if both are ready for playing that high level :whistle:

• Never? Just remember the match between usa-germany in the world cup 2011,brinker had almost a great match against usa and she was the most valuable player if i remember right 8o ,i dont like this underestimate.Just im agree with german players cant be such effective as unique.Already i think yamamay doesnt expect a great show from brinker and kozuch.Its enough if they can show a normal performance or more.Brinker seems almost does what is expected from her but kozuch is still so far away even from 'normal' performance.So i guess trying her as OH and faucette as Opp can be good

You can't point to a single match as defining a player as an offensive power house. Brinker is not going to consistently put up 15-20 pts per match.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1e_XudGd0Y

Stacy Sykora on a italian tv show... She spoke about her sexuality

Don't worry, I will translate it later

[I love the american accent of people that try to speak italian :lol: ]

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• It seems Stacy is the same language-expert as Logan Tom :obey: :obey: :obey:

I think you overestimate Maret and Judith ;)

• Why do you say that?. I'm sure that some people must have thought that Havelkova and Havlickova would not be great weapons for Busto but they did great job last season. I do think that Grothues and Pieterson might surprise us all. At least they might be more effective than the germans have been thus far.

• Why do you say that?. I'm sure that some people must have thought that Havelkova and Havlickova would not be great weapons for Busto but they did great job last season. I do think that Grothues and Pieterson might surprise us all. At least they might be more effective than the germans have been thus far.

Of course, surprises are always possible, but I really doubt Judith and Maret could be decisive players for Busto.