Italy - Serie A1 Femminile 2012/2013

• Ettore Guidetti is no longer coach of Urbino, the contract was mutually dissolved...

Is the coach to blame for the bad roster / disaster in Schwerin ?(

• Is the coach to blame for the bad roster / disaster in Schwerin ?(

Probably not, but it's easier to fire a coach than to fire 7 players and find 7 new/better ones :whistle:
    Urbino with this roster simply is a weak team, only Petrauskaite can play on high level. Dall'Igna played really well in Piacenza last season but there she had 5 equally strong attackers. Negrini hasn't been a stellar player before pregnancy and has returned even weaker (which is no surprise), Van Hecke is another one of these players who are likely to remain a "talent" for ever and ever, and both MBs are very average players too...

• Probably not, but it's easier to fire a coach than to fire 7 players and find 7 new/better ones :whistle:
    Urbino with this roster simply is a weak team, only Petrauskaite can play on high level. Dall'Igna played really well in Piacenza last season but there she had 5 equally strong attackers. Negrini hasn't been a stellar player before pregnancy and has returned even weaker (which is no surprise), Van Hecke is another one of these players who are likely to remain a "talent" for ever and ever, and both MBs are very average players too...

I don't really agree with you about Van Hecke. Last year she disappointed me when she was called to substitute Djerisilo, I expected much more from her. But this year she's playing good, don't judge her just from one match. I think she can have a bright future in professional volleyball..
    As regards Urbino, I think this team lacks of identity and their coach, who has just been fired, is well known in Italy for being a loser. Mbs are quite weak and the Libero never played in A1 before.

• I didn't say that Van Hecke plays bad, but for me she doesn't play much better than a few years ago and I don't think she is good enough (yet) to be starter in A1 and especially Champions League, and I have seen more than one match of Urbino ;) . Of course I hope that she will turn into a really good player and she is still very young, but it's always dangerous when players are hyped too much at young age, that creates a lot of pressure on them and harm their development...

• Probably not, but it's easier to fire a coach than to fire 7 players and find 7 new/better ones :whistle:

Do you know why don't they play with Crisanti ?(

Petrauskaite is a good player but I wouldn't trust on her as a scorer of team, Urbino needs a more offensive OH instead of Negrini and let Petrauskaite focus on reception more.

I also don't agree with you about Van Hecke, I think she is still one of the best player of 1992 generation, Jolien Wittock remains as a 'talent' but Lise is improving IMO. :whistle:

By the way, as we talk about talents, Izquierdo seems she is doing a good job so far. Do you think she is the missing OH who German NT looks for nowadays?

• Do you know why don't they play with Crisanti ?(

(...)

By the way, as we talk about talents, Izquierdo seems she is doing a good job so far. Do you think she is the missing OH who German NT looks for nowadays?

Crisanti suffered a serious knee injury in a friendly match short before the season and probably is out the whole season, that's why the club signed Dugandzic then...

About Izquierdo, I really like her performance so far and her physical features, the main task for the future will be to improve her ball control and game intelligence, then she has the chance to become a very very good player :) I recently read that Guidetti already said that he wants to invite her to Senior NT next summer...

About Van Hecke, maybe I expressed myself not well...of course she is one of the best players of 1992/93 generation, and we must remember that she had a serious knee injury about 1,5-2 years ago (if I'm not mistaken), I just meant to say that she does not make as much progress as I hoped, there still is a chance that she will be very good in a few years, but for now her level is not enough to play as starter in a CL team.

• I didn't say that Van Hecke plays bad, but for me she doesn't play much better than a few years ago and I don't think she is good enough (yet) to be starter in A1 and especially Champions League, and I have seen more than one match of Urbino ;) . Of course I hope that she will turn into a really good player and she is still very young, but it's always dangerous when players are hyped too much at young age, that creates a lot of pressure on them and harm their development...

Trust me, Van Hecke will be a very good player in the future as well as Diouf and Cate Bosetti. I'm quite expert in seeing who has got real talent and who hasn't.

• I hope you're right, but talent alone is not always enough. A player can suffer injuries or personal problems, bad career choices and many other things. As usual, the first example coming to my mind is Saskia Hippe, she was a great talent when she was 17-18, but there are simply too many factors that prevented her from making good development since then.
    Once again, I hope Van Hecke will become a very good player! That was never my point, I just talked about right now...

• Well, I said once in Champions League treat and I say again here...I do t really like Ettore Guidetti's work. He trained Chieri a while ago and he also could not do much. I think Urbino may not have the best roster there is, but I guess they could be doing a bit better. But I do t know how the one coaching from now on works, so I don't know If Urbino can improve. :/

Btw what a match for Brown indeed. Foppa manager worked really well this season. :) being both young and needing experience, Diouf and Brown can really help each other to split responsabilities. :super:

• Well, I said once in Champions League treat and I say again here...I do t really like Ettore Guidetti's work. He trained Chieri a while ago and he also could not do much. I think Urbino may not have the best roster there is, but I guess they could be doing a bit better. But I do t know how the one coaching from now on works, so I don't know If Urbino can improve. :/

Btw what a match for Brown indeed. Foppa manager worked really well this season. :) being both young and needing experience, Diouf and Brown can really help each other to split responsibilities. :super:

joanna this is a bit off topic but i know you have been following the italian league for quite some time and your favorite team is bergamo but i want to ask you is about a former bergamo and now eczaci member maja poljak how good is she really? i mean i know she is superb probably the best mb in club competitions but what about the nt?

• Crisanti suffered a serious knee injury in a friendly match short before the season and probably is out the whole season, that's why the club signed Dugandzic then...

About Izquierdo, I really like her performance so far and her physical features, the main task for the future will be to improve her ball control and game intelligence, then she has the chance to become a very very good player :) I recently read that Guidetti already said that he wants to invite her to Senior NT next summer...

About Van Hecke, maybe I expressed myself not well...of course she is one of the best players of 1992/93 generation, and we must remember that she had a serious knee injury about 1,5-2 years ago (if I'm not mistaken), I just meant to say that she does not make as much progress as I hoped, there still is a chance that she will be very good in a few years, but for now her level is not enough to play as starter in a CL team.

Nice to hear that Izquierdo is doing a good progress, she and Geerties might contribute a lot to German NT. Once again I feel like I would exchange 3 gold medals of 94/95 generation with a C. Bosetti or another good OH from that generation. Although German team wasn't as successful as Turkey, they have better prospects than us such as Geerties, Izquierdo and Gryka (Aulenbrock seems another Hippe case :whistle: )

Anyway, sorry for being off topic

• joanna this is a bit off topic but i know you have been following the italian league for quite some time and your favorite team is bergamo but i want to ask you is about a former bergamo and now eczaci member maja poljak how good is she really? i mean i know she is superb probably the best mb in club competitions but what about the nt?

Honestly for me Maja is one of the best MB in the world, if not the best! Specially when come to critique moments of the sets, she has always, since Bergamo time, grow in that moments, making important blocks.

In National Team, well, It is hard to say..I mean, she is the same player...but unfortunately Croatia Nt does not have the structure for the players to work on, to train, to travel, they dont recieve any money..so that always makes it harder...for any athlete. So in Croatia she didnt have much chances to play in high level competitions.

But as a player itself I think Maja is one of the bests there is for sure...club..Nt no matter...for me she is probably the best in the world, as a personal view of course! ^^

• Trust me, Van Hecke will be a very good player in the future as well as Diouf and Cate Bosetti. I'm quite expert in seeing who has got real talent and who hasn't.

Cate Bosetti is on a total other (higher) level than van Hecke and Diouf :win:

About van Hecke: I remember her being MVP at several Youth Championships. I see not enough matches to give a solid opinion about her.

• I hope yamamay will be better and better cause they deserve it,they have really good players i know that some users underestimate them as they do rabita but who cares when yamamay wins 8o

• Wow, Big victories for Giaveno and Crema!!!! Italian league is so fun to watch...always a surprise. And this year more than any other has been really close!

The 7 first teams with only 3 points different in the standings! Amazing!

• And Busto calendar will be released soon I think. Here a video with the making of.

http://vimeo.com/54109783

8o ahh just a scene of kozuch and arrighetti :flower:,btw for me italian league is also the most valuable one in europe :thumbup: maybe there are not so many stars but its although has quality and i think volley is not just about spending so much money so still italian league is the best for watching