Italy - Serie A1 Femminile 2012/2013

• And of that 16 points, about half were tips that Conegliano didn't cover in the first 4 sets...I also didn't like Ferretti's distribution today, again she totally forgot about the MBs :aww:

Indeed.. She (Floortje) was in really bad shape today... :(

Ferretti: I think about 80 % of her sets went to position 4 ?? :D

• Calloni :white: :super:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Camera was brave! :obey: She is a very talented player. 20 years old of courageous. She set some balls that I couldn't imagine she'll do it precisely during tie-break. She had some mistakes, but she plays with risk and some faults are inevitable playing in that way. They realized to understand the game in such conditions (Nikolova out and Calloni in another position after disastrous 3rd and 4th set).
    Calloni was great too. Only Piacenza could decide championship today but it was her that played like a champion.:cup: She assume the match at the most important and decisive moment. Go Conegliano! :super:

• Juliann Faucette during italian league season made some live exhibitions appreciated so much. Today 9 may is available on Itunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/al…i-need-single/id646541006) her first song, realized with "The Italian Job", electro project of e DJs: Virus, Matt Rayworld e Jacopo Lualdi. "What I Need" is the title, J Faucette express better her vocal quality singing this song (she is co-author of What i need").
    Here the comment of the player:
    " I am really excited to announce the release of my first recorered song. Working with the music group "The ItalianJ ob" has been such a pleasure and a wonderful experience. To me, this was an opportunity at a lifetime, and I am so humbled that the group chose me to be their vocalist on the song "What I need". In a few days I will start training with my national team and this song will give me anergy and enthusiasm on and off the court. I hope it will accompany you in your summer. Enjoy"

• Juliann Faucette during italian league season made some live exhibitions appreciated so much. Today 9 may is available on Itunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/al…i-need-single/id646541006) her first song, realized with "The Italian Job", electro project of e DJs: Virus, Matt Rayworld e Jacopo Lualdi. "What I Need" is the title, J Faucette express better her vocal quality singing this song (she is co-author of What i need").
    Here the comment of the player:
    " I am really excited to announce the release of my first recorered song. Working with the music group "The ItalianJ ob" has been such a pleasure and a wonderful experience. To me, this was an opportunity at a lifetime, and I am so humbled that the group chose me to be their vocalist on the song "What I need". In a few days I will start training with my national team and this song will give me anergy and enthusiasm on and off the court. I hope it will accompany you in your summer. Enjoy"

:thumbup:

• Camera played quite well, but when Zanotto was playing, she set her ballls for a left-handed player...

When I saw Calloni hit from the back row I was like :what:
    Not every middle can play as opposite like she did in such important match! :super: [RC can, SG can't]

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Mencarelli definitely has to consider to call Fiorin and Calloni :drink:
    Absolutely the game quality was superb, unlike Turkish Final. I'm sure no league in the world can possibly reach Italian league's level.

It must be a tough match for both teams. I'm personally a big fan of Francy Ferretti, but I've got to say she always has been like that...no miracle sets, she prefers to keep going without any risks. Agree with Mattias about it, she's a good setter but definitely far from being creative...

• If two Turkish clubs would play three identical matches in a row, you would nonstop criticize the Turkish league. However, when two Italian clubs play three identical matches in a row, it just proofs their unreachable level LMAO.

• If two Turkish clubs would play three identical matches in a row, you would nonstop criticize the Turkish league. However, when two Italian clubs play three identical matches in a row, it just proofs their unreachable level LMAO.

Let me stress some point about this complaints.

(1) No one would deny European Top-level quality to the 3-4 best Turkish teams, nor the qualitative level of a match/series between Vakifbank-Eczacibasi-Fenerbahce.
    The point some people here have stressed is different: the qualitative level (and the closeness) of a confrontation btw. Piacenza (finalist in Challenge Cup, 2nd ranking in A1 League, winner of Coppa Italia) and Conegliano, newcomer in A-league, and ranking 5th place in the tournament.
    In the Turkish League, this would be like a clash between Eczacibasi (ranking 2nd in 2013 League with 60 pts) and Bursa (ranking 5th with 32 pts). You may see the difference ....

(2) The Italian league matchs may be often worth seeing (not always, not all, ..) because the average quality of the competing teams is decent to good (according to European standards).
    As someone wisely noticed, there is a tradition beneath the present reality: 350.000 young people enlisted in the Italian Volley Federation, Italian female junior team winning 4 times in a row the European Championship, and holding at present the World Championship (Letizia Camera was the setter junior team beating Brazil in 2011), the pre-juniores team steadily on the podium in EC 5 times in a row...

(3) Last but not least, the quality level of (some? many?) Italian trainers (not always, not all) Please look at a newbie like Marco Gaspari: isn't he acting like a veteran ? He gave Conegliano a play, some spirit and the will to keep fighting.. Not to mention Parisi, Lavarini ... the heirs and successors of 'old guard' (Barbolini, Guidetti..)

(4) I'm not pleading for any 'superiority': whatsoever: I only want to say that it takes time and many efforts in order to build a mouvemet and to have many competitive teams. Turkey iFederation has already taken many steps in that direction and they will reach more and more achievements - if they will be able to keeep walking along the right path (the path Itallian Volley league seem to have lost...) - Wish you well ! :wavy:

• Mencarelli definitely has to consider to call Fiorin and Calloni :drink:
    Absolutely the game quality was superb, unlike Turkish Final. I'm sure no league in the world can possibly reach Italian league's level.

It must be a tough match for both teams. I'm personally a big fan of Francy Ferretti, but I've got to say she always has been like that...no miracle sets, she prefers to keep going without any risks. Agree with Mattias about it, she's a good setter but definitely far from being creative...

Not gonna agree with that Brazilian finals were exciting either , so were Turkish but Vb is 'too' superior if you had put them against Conegliano or Pia it would be extremely predictable boring match. Thing is like other member said diference between first and fifth is much lower and even they know they are weak they still fight unlke most top Eu teams which makes games more watchable

• It is not about the level of the game only (though we must agree italian league has been played in great level, with many ralis and defenses), it is an excitment...an emotion..a passion.. I guess we cant see in other leagues..I dont know if it is cause of tradition, cause maybe the respect for clubs history and the leagues history. dont know..I really dont know how to explain...

of course Turkey, Brazil, the top teams are higher level..and has the best players...

but we are talking about something that goes beyond money..and players...at least for me ^^

• when something is not going well nostalgia is ofte brought up in order to prop up the interest :teach: :wavy: