2013 CEV Cup

• Luxembourg, June 5, 2012. The Drawing of Lots for the 2013 CEV Volleyball Cup and 2013 CEV Volleyball Challenge Cup is coming up in a couple of days and namely this Thursday, June 7, as the European Cups Commission chaired by Mrs. Riet Ooms is currently screening the files submitted by the various National Federations. Around 130 clubs will be drawn on Thursday, thereby determining their status (first match at home or away) also for the next rounds of the competition up to the finals scheduled for March 2013.
    Detailed results of the DOL will be available on the CEV website at around noon. Denmark – that will be co-hosting together with Poland the final round of the European Championship in September next year – is returning back to the European arena as their vice champions, i.e. the team of GENTOFTE Volley, joins the starting field of the 2013 CEV Volleyball Challenge Cup – Men. Back to the European Cups are also Norway’s and Albania’s ladies whose hopes will be carried by the teams of Stod Volley STEINKJER and Minatori RRESHEN. Additionally, but this is not a real premiere, as per decision of the CEV Board, the winners of the BVA Cup – the zonal club competition promoted by the Balkan Volleyball Association – will also join the upcoming edition of the CEV Volleyball Challenge Cup.

Picture: after losing the final of the 2012 CEV Volleyball Challenge Cup to their compatriots of Lokomotiv, this time the ladies of Baki BAKU will represent Azerbaijan, Europe's emerging Volleyball power, in the CEV Volleyball Cup.

• Hi, I have a question to bulgarian friends :)

where can I buy ticket for CSKA Sofia - Latina 24.10 (Sofia)? (I'm in Sofia right now, so it doesn't have to be on-line) And do you know how much is it?

and the most important: is it safe to be there?

where can I buy ticket for CSKA Sofia - Latina 24.10 (Sofia)? (I'm in Sofia right now, so it doesn't have to be on-line) And do you know how much is it?

It is going to be in "Hristo Botev Hall" in Student Town in Sofia. Don't know where to find tickets though, can't find any information online. About safe I don't know. The hall is not big, and if CSKA footlball fans will be there it will be ugly, and I think they will be there. If I find more info I will write you, thinking about going there also.

• Probably tickets could be found at the sports hall itself, but can't guarantee that as "Hristo Botev" is not a big one.

I know what Polish media wrote about security after the WL, even if the info was exaggerated, you should be fine as long as you don't wear/bring insulting objects. Football fans are crazy and sometimes scary indeed, a fraction of them will probably appear, but when normal people sit on the opposing stands everything should be fine. I wouldn't be afraid to watch that game live if I were you!

• Just to add, the tickets will be cheap- something like 1-3 euros. And eve nthough the hall is small- about 1500 seats, I doubt it will be full, so you can buy a ticket on game day.

If you haven't changed your mind about visiting the game, you can buy a ticker from here
    https://shop.ticketpro.bg/en/E…%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%8F-

• The head coach of Levski Martin Stoev said after the first game with Isku Volley Tampere (3-1) in Sofia that they might not show up with the full roster in Finland for the second leg. The Finnish team is way weaker than Levski, however, Stoev had some preferences regarding which tournament he would like to play in. An eventual defeat in both the second leg and the Golden Set in Finland would send Levski in Challenge Cup where they think they can reach further. We don't know the roster for the travel though, even with the back-up team the Bulgarians can eliminate Isku, the question is whether they will play 100% or not.

Beware, it might be a good chance to make some easy money should Stoev decide to stay in Sofia and lose on purpose in Finland :)

• Yes, Levski will be in Tampere without the coach Stoev and the players Valentin Bratoev, Krasi Gaydarski, Georgi Topalov, Simeon Aleksandrov, Martin Ivanov and Kostadin Stoykov.

Still, they can beat the Finns with the rest of the players.

• Yes, Levski will be in Tampere without the coach Stoev and the players Valentin Bratoev, Krasi Gaydarski, Georgi Topalov, Simeon Aleksandrov, Martin Ivanov and Kostadin Stoykov.

Still, they can beat the Finns with the rest of the players.

Martin Stoev will send the second team of Levski to Finland, hoping they
    will lose and Levski will transfer with Challenge Cup, which is less of
    a challenge for the team. This man is everything Stoychev is not - bad
    coach, bad example for moral.

• Halkbank just won their match and advanced to the next round. They could easily win it in 3 sets, but nevertheless it was a very exciting match.

Still, HB have to work more to become a real team, and hopefully they will gain success.

• As we alarmed, Levski really sent some bench players in Finland and they were coached by (!!!) another player! The head coach Martin Stoev didn't travel with the team. Of course, they played to lose and were sent to the supposedly weaker (?) Challenge Cup. Btw, Olympiacos is awaiting them there. CEV sent an inquiry to the management of Levski about the whole situation - some main players missing, coach missing, only 8 people in the game list. Soon we will find out what the decision (if any) will be.

I don't remember whether Modena one or two years ago chose the weaker tournament as well when they were eliminated by the team from Luxembourg. They sent the youngsters for the return game and expectedly dropped their advantage. Still, if they just chose to be eliminated without progressing further in any tournament, maybe we can understand their decision in some weird way without actually excusing what they did. The case of Levski, however, is a pure fraud! Stoev said it after the first game - they will choose the tournament to play in. It's high time CEV made a solid sanction, not only monetary. I want Bulgarian clubs to play in Europe, I want them to play as much as they can, sometimes not even win at any cost, but someone should be made responsible for this!!!

• What Bratoev brothers said in this regard:

"Nobody directly told us to lose. The club decided that Tampere are weak enough to be beaten with the team that went to Finland. Apparently, Tampere were stronger. But we tried to win the match."

Valentin adds an interesting thought:

"I don't know why CEV is investigating this. Since the rules and regulations allow the possibility to lose, I don't know why it's a problem when teams take this opportunity. Brazil did the same thing in WC2010, they eventually became World Champions and everybody forgot about their defeat against us."

• As we alarmed, Levski really sent some bench players in Finland and they were coached by (!!!) another player! The head coach Martin Stoev didn't travel with the team. Of course, they played to lose and were sent to the supposedly weaker (?) Challenge Cup. Btw, Olympiacos is awaiting them there. CEV sent an inquiry to the management of Levski about the whole situation - some main players missing, coach missing, only 8 people in the game list. Soon we will find out what the decision (if any) will be.

I don't remember whether Modena one or two years ago chose the weaker tournament as well when they were eliminated by the team from Luxembourg. They sent the youngsters for the return game and expectedly dropped their advantage. Still, if they just chose to be eliminated without progressing further in any tournament, maybe we can understand their decision in some weird way without actually excusing what they did. The case of Levski, however, is a pure fraud! Stoev said it after the first game - they will choose the tournament to play in. It's high time CEV made a solid sanction, not only monetary. I want Bulgarian clubs to play in Europe, I want them to play as much as they can, sometimes not even win at any cost, but someone should be made responsible for this!!!

Ita was last year Yavor, Modena sent junior team + 2-3 reserve players in Luxemburg, they lost to VC Strassen :rolll:

• What the hell they've done

How they could lose it

Congrats to Turkish team, next, which proves Jastrzebski's hopelessness