2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• interesting… PR didn't just roll over for CHN. seems like an interesting match, it was tighter than expected.

I thought Group D is supposed to be an easy group since the 2 Asian teams should have no problems on paper. PUR vs AZE will be a match to watch! If PUR wins, it might be a big favor to the Japanese girls. I thought JPN gave up playing AZE because they might think the score won’t be carried on to the second phase, but it’s totally a different story now after Day 1.

• it's very funny how a lot dont understand the concept of random chance

Then explain what is this funny concept? :rolleyes:

• Congrats Azerbaijan! Great victory. Polina is a monster attacker for sure.

Serbia and Turkey are so similar teams. They are good but have some weakness. The key player was Maja Ognejenovic. IMO she is the best setter in the world right now. Naz was quite bad, especially setting to Polen and forgot our middles. Boskovic is so promising but in this tournement teams which have good blocks can stop her.

My "dark horse" is Bulgaria in this tournement. The problem is Nikolova started bad. I think they will kick us(Turkey) and Serbia.

• I think USA played badly.. Defintely credit to Mexico for the first set.

I didn't like US team performance except for middle (that were ok). Wrong team chemistry - and too much rotation of players inside the roster

I didn't find any stats other than from this funny Official FIVB worldchampionship website. And I think people who made that website don't really understand volleyball and the stats.

Can anyone share how can we obtain official FIVB match report ^^ ?

• i think Serbia without Ognjenovic will lose a lot...we can play with Asuman too but Maja Ognjenovic makes a difference for SErbia considering the absence of Ana Antonievic..... she is like basketball player Teodosic...good playing for Nt not that good playing for the clubs.. :D

• I think USA's main problem is that they don't realise they are not doing good. Of course wining is important and they should be happy, but Mexico took a set from them and was leading in all of the sets and they were like 'great start, with a win.. good game' and etc.. The only time in the WGP that Karch said they are disappointed was when they lost to Brazil all the other times for them were a strong battle and facing a great team and a chance to improve of course.. when they do realise that losing a set to Mexico is not OK then things might change and be better

• I think USA's main problem is that they don't realise they are not doing good. Of course wining is important and they should be happy, but Mexico took a set from them and was leading in all of the sets and they were like 'great start, with a win.. good game' and etc.. The only time in the WGP that Karch said they are disappointed was when they lost to Brazil all the other times for them were a strong battle and facing a great team and a chance to improve of course.. when they do realise that losing a set to Mexico is not OK then things might change and be better

yes, very true and good point - they actually don't understand that Houston has a problem in all parts of the game. Karch is like Mike Krzyzewski who untill 2008 had a solid philosophy of making US Bball NT as weak as possible. And I still don't get why they keep him ther for nearly 10 years.

Also, does anyone has a link to normal match stats (and not this useless tables on the official website)?

• yes, very true and good point - they actually don't understand that Houston has a problem in all parts of the game. Karch is like Mike Krzyzewski who untill 2008 had a solid philosophy of making US Bball NT as weak as possible. And I still don't get why they keep him ther for nearly 10 years.

Also, does anyone has a link to normal match stats (and not this useless tables on the official website)?

Here you go http://italy2014.fivb.org/en/media/match%20reports

• ANd the livescore is gone, again

It's on for like 2 minutes and then it's gone again. :aww:

• Canada is playing like an amateur team :down: Their reception is horrible :wall:

• Canada is playing like an amateur team :down: Their reception is horrible :wall:

Yes, they are. Thought it might be a nice match against Turkey, but... just awful. And where's Thiebault?

• Here you go http://italy2014.fivb.org/en/media/match%20reportsVery grateful to you guys!!

• Congratulations to China. Everybody did very well in the reception, blocking and digs! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    Look forward to better performance in the next matches :drink:

• congrats girsl and good luck against Bulgaria.

Seda played well. i hope she will continue to play well..we need her and Polen's contribution a lot.Gözde S. doesnt seem to be at the level she had had at wgp. we cant beat good teams with Neriman alone. Kübra is playing well too.

now crucial points for us : reception,serving and opps' contribution.we cant receive well.this affects our game negatively much. we have to serve better and better.if we cant, teams like Serbia,Bulgaria,Brazil have good attackers and it wont be hard for them to spike.

Brazil is the fav of the pool...therefore ,we have to beat Bulgaria to take a win advancing to the next round..today's Serbia - Bulgaria match also very crucial for the standings in the pool and for us..

• I need help !!

I dont understand the formular and rules.
    For example: Brazil and Turkey are the top 2 of Pool B and Serbia and Bulgaria are the 3rd and 4th placed teams. USA and Russia are the top 2 teams in pool c and Netherlands and Thailand are the 3rd and 4th placed teams. So who will play against who?
    Turkey Brazil Serbia Bulgaria against USA Russia Netherlands and Thailand?
    So it doesnt play a big importance to be first second third or fourth in the pool? Because as pool b winner you have to play against pool c 4th 3rd 2nd and first?

I really doesnt understand it ... sryy :)

The top four teams in each pool qualified for the Second Round.

Pool E comprised the best four teams from Pool A and D, whereas Pool F comprised the best four teams from Pool B and C.
    The results and the points of the matches between the same teams that were already played during the First Round were taken into account for the Second Round.
    The top three teams in each pool qualified for the Third Round.

The Pool E and F winners were placed in different pools, while the second and third placed teams were drawn.
    The top two teams in each pool qualified for the Semifinals, whereas the third ranked teams in each pool qualified for the 5th place match.

I think it is the same as men's formula.
    Wikipedia will help you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIVB_Volleyball_Men's_World_Championship