2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Looking at stats, seems like it was a weird game for Belgium. Heyrman as best scorer with 14 points and Lise with only 6 attack points. 8| Leys and Vandesteene were finally able to contribute against a weak team as well.

As for BRA-BUL, expected win for Brazil. I was impressed with Bulgaria's defense in some parts of the game, though. Vasileva was their best player by far, while Sheilla and Fabiana were great in Brazil's side.

• Bulgaria played very good match today. I'm very satisfied by their game especially in defence. Of course this is not enough against team like Brasil who is from another universe but i believe that if Bulgaria play like that in the next games Turkey and Serbia will have a very bad moments against us.

• I doubt someone will stop Brazil from winning this time.

• Bulgaria played very good match today. I'm very satisfied by their game especially in defence. Of course this is not enough against team like Brasil who is from another universe but i believe that if Bulgaria play like that in the next games Turkey and Serbia will have a very bad moments against us.

Yes considering current performances of Serbia and Turkey, Bulgaria has a good chance.
    Brazil looks so dominant!

• She's a member of Turkish volleyball federation.

Unfortunately, she is :down:

Gamova says hi :wavy: but seriously I think it's their tournament to lose.

USA at OG was one of the most dominating teams and clear favourite of the tournament but still lose the gold medal :whistle:

I have a strong feeling that we will see a surprise team for bronze medal as we have seen in male WCh :thumbup:

• Gamova says hi :wavy: but seriously I think it's their tournament to lose.

With current reception line surely Russians got to be happy for any medal, gold is out of question. US team is also looking modest. I think Brazil can have an easy road to gold this time.

• Bulgarian stats look like our male team stats - stronger in attack, but with more errors and no block. They also get too many direct serve points . I hope they won't mimic the men, they are better prepared and more balanced team :whistle:

• With current reception line surely Russians got to be happy for any medal, gold is out of question. US team is also looking modest. I think Brazil can have an easy road to gold this time.

I'm not saying Russia will win gold this time. But come to think of it, even teams like Brazil has some weakness, plus the pressure to win gold for them might be a factor in important matches. It's still early part of the tournament, but yes Brazil is leading the pack

• This Brazilian team is Dani Lins' magic. They should pray for her not getting injured or play bad.

Today She didn't play a good match, many bad combinations and mistakes. I hope next match she plays better as usual. :obey:

• I'm interested about Croatia starting line for tomorrow :whistle:
    Maybe like this
    Brcic-Fabris
    Poljak-Milos
    Jerkov-Usic
    Jelic
    Or maybe Poljak-Cutuk
    Who knows what is in Angelo head right now, but i can say Argentina was good aponent
    They said that they will suprise Italy :whistle:
    This is the first time that i saw Poljak screamed someone in the face :wavy:

• I am very happy about Brazil's first win, though not so happy about the team's performance. There were a few bad combinations between Lins and some attackers, especially Sheilla. I also hope Garay will return to her usual form, because we are really gonna need her powerful attacks later on the competition. The highlight of this match for me was the defense. What a great job the team did! :rose:

It was also nice to see how Vasileva has turned into such an interesting player. Comparing today's performance with those the had in Brazilian Superliga, she is much more mature, knowing how to vary her hits, tipping, etc. Her reception, though, :P

• Heyrman best scorer for Belgium and Chirichella for Italy ... :whistling:
    Cuba and Tunisia have to expect some hard days !

• So proud of you, Azerbaijan! Bravo girls, great job and big surprise!!!

BTW:

Congrats to Tetori DIXON - best scorer of the match of USA with Foluke AKINRADEWO, Natasa Krsmanovic against Turkey, Brenda Castillo against Germany, Francy Ferretti for the victory over Tunisia and come back to the shape.

Aury CRUZ and Nootsara TOMKOM (Asian Games) - there is way to go ;)

• i am soooo out of it, didn't even know today was the first day.

looking at the results:

interesting… PR didn't just roll over for CHN. seems like an interesting match, it was tighter than expected.

similar with MEX? they took a set from USA.

same with CMR, they took a set from CAN? too bad KEN is not here, they'd been a more interesting team than TUN for sure.

DOM played with their A-team… it's weird that they'd struggle as much as during the GP when kwiek was experimenting with this team's formations (i.e. pena and martinez as passing OH).