2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Rus -Usa match was good,i like it..
    Kosheleva has been the leader of the team recently.. Harmotto -Akinradewo is second best duo after Brazil's

Brazil's starters had not been awake at Wgp against Turkey but this time unlike Wgp ,they were very motivated (Jaque and Fabiana's screams etc..)
    Turkey match showed that Brazil is a beatable team but you have to be fully concentrated agaisnt them to win. A team like Brazil should also serve,defend,attack very well ..so that they can be the champions...i mean an average Brazil cant be the champion...they also should display their best.."a very good" Usa and Russia can beat them...

abi biz adamları yenmek üzereyiz yorumlar sönük hatta bazılarında küçümseme ama dün bi takım tek set aldı diye wowlar falan..komikler hakikaten!

btw...18-yo Boskovic had 24 pts against Brazil ,bravo Boskovic :thumbup:

• IMO Turkey will beat Russia or USA, but can loose against Holland! Gamova is big problem for Russia. She is good but when she plays, Goncharova has to receive and that`s too bad for Russia. While Goncharova was playing, Marichev was trying Malhyk at the same time. But if Gamova is in, Marichev can not courage this.

Gozde will be too concantreted to Russia as well. We will give a present to Serbia, I guess.

• Not as funny as you are :aww:

• :rolll: still medal chance ? Please first try to do normal attacking even weaker teams do easily,and then learn volleyball is not just serving abilty,if u cant attack u start the second round at 8th place. :cheesy:

Izquierdo and brandt should be happy that they didnt participate this tragic team,i hope japan,china and belgium beat them 3-0 with funny scores cause otherwise this stupidty will go on until rio 2016 qualification :whistle:

A german facebook user made a perfect summerize for this current team- kindergarten

Exactly there is no need more words to explain this :rolleyes:

• Btw big congrats to belgium for qualify 2nd round.Now their way is easier dominic,germany,croatia are ok teams to beat for them and hope they also take points from italy which they have beaten with 3 points last year :super:

• Btw big congrats to belgium for qualify 2nd round.Now their way is easier dominic,germany,croatia are ok teams to beat for them and hope they also take points from italy which they have beaten with 3 points last year :super:

i think probably either Dominic or Japan will advance to the third round together with China and Italy. i respect Japan due to their effort but id like to see Dom. R. which has better potential in the 3rd round

• in our pool probably Brazil- Usa and Russia will advance but Serbia can do it too...they have a good team and can beat Usa and Russia.They will/may also count on/need Bulgaria and Turkey's probable wins/to win..

• watching the matches in this WCH make me cringe. such low level performance, especially on reception, for all these teams. for example, in WCH of 2006 and 2010, there were 6-7 teams w/c can compete for the gold medal and many of those teams have very high perfect reception percentage. not sure if women's volleyball is on decline but these players should learn how to play basic volleyball.

• by the way, i feel bad for kosheleva. she's the best player for russia right now, but she's still bossed around by gamova for every tiny mistake she makes.

• Croatia doesn't have real chance to be in top 6 ^^
    But they have chance to beat Jap,Aze and Belgium if they have good reception but they can lose all matches ...they improve a lot but reception isn't that good in this WCH..
    We will see ,in Croatia they are already heroines :super: every matche if they win will be Huge news in Crotian...everyone love them because of there big heart for NT :)
    Every newspaper and every TV house talk about them because of matche with Ger ...they were TOP news yesterday :D #Proud

• at this Wch,Dominic Republic seems to be improved...good for them...hopefully they wont make those easy mistakes they used to before..i like Mambru's stability in serving..she has a good jump serve and jump pretty well..Rivera is a key player together with De la Cruz...i think Vargas is best blocker at this WcH.They have very good libero too.

• Do you know if there is a way to watch Italy- Dominican Republic? I don't want to wait untill they will show it again on tv. I went to Bari to watch China-Japan and Belgium-Puerto Rico and when I came back home I could only watch the tie break... Yesterday there were a lot of people to PalaFlorio and the fact that in a few days there will be even nore people there to watch Italy makes me very happy :) China-Japan was a very interesting match. (I would love to watch Vercesi and Jenny Lang Ping live at the same time... It must be very fun to see that they are 100% opposites :rolll: )

I can't wait for Italy here in Bari (well... they are already here but I haven't seen them yet) :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: Tomorrow I'll try to see the players... Since I'll go to Pala Florio to buy my tickets, I hope they will go there to train... I would spend the whole day there to see them ---> #loca

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I like Dominican team, they just need to avoid silly mistakes and they can reach 3rd Round :thumbsup:

Trio De La Cruz - Rivera - Mambru works quite well as spikers while Castillo is doing amazing job in backrow and she can also set quite nicely :D experienced MB Vargas is best blocking MB right now. And Setter Marte doesn't spoil it, it looked much worse with Echenique :wavy: Arias fills last spot in line-up ^^
    important thing is also sub with Binet in backrow what even makes backrow stronger :teach:
    Pena, Martinez and Fersola are also valuable subs, while Angeles is for me still a mystery, but with this backup Kwiek didn't rotate with double sub as he used to do when he had Echenique :lol: thanks to this Marte is first S without no doubts and earlier it was often a question mark who will set :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• And Setter Marte doesn't spoil it, it looked much worse with Echenique :wavy:

Marte in general is better than Karla, but in this WCh she have some terrible moment. For me she is guilty that Dominican lost 2 points in matches with Croatia (24-21 in 4nd set) and Germany (23-18 in 4set). She made big mistakes, Dominican players can't attack from her sets... And in TBs in both matches she played still catastrophically, it was so lucky that Germany and Croatia played at all weaker.

Why she suddenly plays like amateur, when her team have safety advantage? It's weird :whistle: I don't know why Kwiek keep her on court, Angeles is very "raw" player, but she can't play worse that Marte in those moments.

• Marte in general is better than Karla, but in this WCh she have some terrible moment. For me she is guilty that Dominican lost 2 points in matches with Croatia (24-21 in 4nd set) and Germany (23-18 in 4set). She made big mistakes, Dominican players can't attack from her sets... And in TBs in both matches she played still catastrophically, it was so lucky that Germany and Croatia played at all weaker.

Why she suddenly plays like amateur, when her team have safety advantage? It's weird :whistle: I don't know why Kwiek keep her on court, Angeles is very "raw" player, but she can't play worse that Marte in those moments.

Maybe he doesn't want to take this risk and it seems that Niverka is losing her head in key moments... :call:

• Estranged, I wanted to tell you about Godina's commentary yesterday, I don't know if you saw (understood) it. She was on fire) Finally her personality came through) I've never seen any Russian commentator criticizing the team so seriously, I think. Although she was telling obvious things - Startseva is way too predictable and Russians are so lazy in defence and cover for the block, other comentators don't talk about it straight like that. I liked her comment directed to Goncharova after one of her "defensive attempt": "Dear Natasha, that ball was hanging in the air for so long you definitely had time to make steps towards it and not just wave your long arms in the air like you're a Swan Queen" :D
    Godina said that after this game they will not let her comment on national tv ever again) But I think she's doing good)

• loca, if you go to volleyvids4 channel on YT, DOM x ITA is there except set 1.

good analysis on DOM, kondzio. it's so ironic that they are playing so much better than in the WGP, which has demoted them to 2nd league. but obviously back then kwiek was experimenting a lot with different formations, even vargas played OH (or was that last year?). yes, if they don't make those stupid mistakes they can beat SRB, BUL and TUR, well, they beat ITA at home, right?

it'd be crazy if they make final 6 but very possible.

• Estranged, I wanted to tell you about Godina's commentary yesterday, I don't know if you saw (understood) it. She was on fire) Finally her personality came through) I've never seen any Russian commentator criticizing the team so seriously, I think. Although she was telling obvious things - Startseva is way too predictable and Russians are so lazy in defence and cover for the block, other comentators don't talk about it straight like that. I liked her comment directed to Goncharova after one of her "defensive attempt": "Dear Natasha, that ball was hanging in the air for so long you definitely had time to make steps towards it and not just wave your long arms in the air like you're a Swan Queen" :D
    Godina said that after this game they will not let her comment on national tv ever again) But I think she's doing good)

:rolll: :rolll: Godina just rulz!!

And thanks so much for writing this! I couldn't really focus yesterday on what she was saying, so I understood almost nothing. Guess she finally lost patience or something. And I can't blame her after seeing how this team plays now. Plus last year's chemistry is gone with the sodding wind. It seems to me that Marichev wanted too many things at once - Gamova, Obmochaeva, Malykh, Sokolova (and why not Estes since we're at it?) insted of choosing 1-2 things and make hard, but necessary cuts.

• loca, if you go to volleyvids4 channel on YT, DOM x ITA is there except set 1.

good analysis on DOM, kondzio. it's so ironic that they are playing so much better than in the WGP, which has demoted them to 2nd league. but obviously back then kwiek was experimenting a lot with different formations, even vargas played OH (or was that last year?). yes, if they don't make those stupid mistakes they can beat SRB, BUL and TUR, well, they beat ITA at home, right?

it'd be crazy if they make final 6 but very possible.

Well, Vargas as OH was a short experiment in Yeltsin Cup, but it was probably in lasst year :lol: but it's not first MB tried as OH, earlier we saw Fersola or Eve (but she's universal and she can be aslo OP :wavy: ) on this position. Anyway De La Cruz with Rivera are an optimum for OHs and next is Peńa, while Binet helps a lot in defenxe/reception/serve. Martinez as OH doesn't work on that level, so she's better as backup OP for Mambru (I haven't seen Mambru receiving at all...).

Anyway I wonder how does Eve's health look like now and if she can fight back for her position in NT :roll: I have seen her somewhere in Spanish magazine recently :wavy: