2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• ^ Congratulations on the misogynistic comment.

+1

• I have a question. Anyone here knows if the stat shown on the official Women's World Championship website mistaken? It's shown that every team has finished only 3 matches instead of 5. For example, Japan has won 3 lost 2, but it's shown on the website that Japan has won 1 lost 2.

Or is it a new rule or something? :?: :?: :?:

• Estranged, I wanted to tell you about Godina's commentary yesterday, I don't know if you saw (understood) it. She was on fire) Finally her personality came through) I've never seen any Russian commentator criticizing the team so seriously, I think. Although she was telling obvious things - Startseva is way too predictable and Russians are so lazy in defence and cover for the block, other comentators don't talk about it straight like that. I liked her comment directed to Goncharova after one of her "defensive attempt": "Dear Natasha, that ball was hanging in the air for so long you definitely had time to make steps towards it and not just wave your long arms in the air like you're a Swan Queen" :D
    Godina said that after this game they will not let her comment on national tv ever again) But I think she's doing good)

Godina :rolll::thumbsup:

• What Manabe isn't saying is that a big percentage of FIVB events happen in Japan, so of course, travelling isn't really much of a problem for them. :cheesy::D

• Gamova's impressions on Modena: Hi , yesterday moved to Modena - the birthplace of the red Ferrari. Surprising, but no cars of this brand on the roads has been found! Probably all of them in Moscow)))

:lol:

Marichev seems to be living in the alternate timeline where everything is great and there's a lot of positive things about the first phase of the WorldChamps. And Obmochaeva's time will come (hopefully for Russia before the end of the toutnament) - http://volleyball.sport-express.ru/reviews/49296/

• What Manabe isn't saying is that a big percentage of FIVB events happen in Japan, so of course, travelling isn't really much of a problem for them. :cheesy: :D

I wanted to say the same... You are faster than me :D Everyone expected Japan to host less events when Graça became president but nothing changed sadly :wacko: I'm still annoyed by the idea of Japan's hosting WCh 2018 X(

• I have a question. Anyone here knows if the stat shown on the official Women's World Championship website mistaken? It's shown that every team has finished only 3 matches instead of 5. For example, Japan has won 3 lost 2, but it's shown on the website that Japan has won 1 lost 2.

I suppose you are watching Pool E & Pool F, right?
    The result is not first round's result. It's result of second round.
    Japan now won 1(Puerto Rico) lost 2(Azerbaijan, China)

I suppose you are watching Pool E & Pool F, right?
    The result is not first round's result. It's result of second round.
    Japan now won 1(Puerto Rico) lost 2(Azerbaijan, China)

The results of the matches from the first round for the matches against the teams that advanced are carried forward to the second round. This is because there are now 8 teams in the Pool as opposed to 6.

As for the travel, coaches will complain about travel. If the teams flew, each city is around 1 hour from Rome. Driving though would be a pain, Bari 4 hours from Rome, Milan 6 hours from Rome, Trieste 7 hours from Rome, Verona 5 hours from Rome and Modena 4.5 hours from Rome.

At least they are not traveling across the continent like a tournament in the USA, which college teams do at the beginning of the season. Could be worse with Hawaii being 5 hours from the west coast of the USA. Makes for really long road trips.

• For me, Russia will play only if a final Obmochaeva not play. The pass of Russia is very bad. You need to play like the rest of the world plays. An offensive OH OH and another with good reception and defense. For me, Kosheleva and Pasynkova would these players, with Gamova playing as OPP.

Together they were champions of Europe in 2013.

Kosianenko is good but has no experience in Startseva decisions. She is more mature in the sack and the defense also. I hope that Russia decide the gold medal with Brazil, but with Obmochaeva in court, it will be very difficult.

• Can Brazilian users tell me what Ze Roberto tells the girls during timeouts when he is angry at (like in Turkey match) ?

He tells many things...it depends on which time out and on which part of the match...
    If you send me a link and the exact time, I can translate.
    But well, I think in the last two matches he complained a lot with Dani Lins and how she should distribute her sets better.

• you know the reason why kosanienko i not "mature"? it's because marichev is not giving her enough playing time if only she was able to play for long periods since montreux up to the grand prix then we wouldnt have a discussion about her experience and defense? if you want more defense then you go with pasynkova or even get sokolova (even estes)

• The women's Volleyball World Championships in France even do not have the qualifications,Some people still here screaming
    It's a crime

And who is the coach of RC Cannes ?
    The previous coach of Chinese NT didn't ever make problems and gossips. But if you can't read a personal statement (mine :D ) about the usual behavior (not only this speech about travelling) of their coach (she didn't shake the hands of the Italian coach at the end of the last China/Italy for example), it's not my business. :offtopic:

• I remember Kun Feng made 8 blocks in the epic olympic final in Athens against Russia. Quite a remarkable feat specially for a setter.

I remember also Lo Bianco made 9 or 10 blocks against Forlì in Italian A1 when she played in Bergamo,maybe around years 2005-06

• He tells many things...it depends on which time out and on which part of the match...
    If you send me a link and the exact time, I can translate.
    But well, I think in the last two matches he complained a lot with Dani Lins and how she should distribute her sets better.

thx..i think it should have been in the second set and the last part of the fourt set when turkey tied it at twenties ...Ze was angry....he was saying " ela ela poara..etc.." :lol:

• thx..i think it should have been in the second set and the last part of the fourt set when turkey tied it at twenties ...Ze was angry....he was saying " ela ela poara..etc.." :lol:

Hi :win:
    I got curious and went to watch the end of the 4th set. You are probabily talking about when it's 18x17 for Brazil and Turkey makes two consecutive points. Zé stops the match and says something like: "Let's fight for each ball...this is the time to do that! The ball cannot hit the ground that easily" And then he asks Dani to put Thaisa to spike in front of her but to actually set to Sheilla.

• I just watched the tie break of Italia x D.R.
    God, what a horrible set by Lo Bianco! She used the middle only once and it was already 11x7 for D.R....
    I didn't understand why she set three times in a row for Caterina in zone 2.
    On the other hand, great blocking by D.R. and wow! De La Cruz just killed it!

• I don't understand the flak this Russian team is getting. Russia won 4 out of 5 matches in 1st round and only lost to USA which was a very tight match. Yes, Russia continues to have problems with reception and defense, but it's not as if they are already out of contention for ANY medals. Case in point Russia in London 2012: reception was slightly better or at least similar, had Russia won that match against Brazil, we all know Russia would have crushed USA in the Finals but this is not the point. All I'm saying is, let's first try to see what happens in the next few games where Russia will definitely face stronger teams, and see what adjustments they will make. :wavy:
    Next opponents, Bulgaria is another "physical" team that can match the Russians in sheer power, let's see how will they handle that. Re Gamova, i think she is just playing fine. I think someone pointed out here it's not like she has to play the "game of her life" everytime :teach:
    Lastly, say all you want about Startseva but even without Gamova/Moroz on the team, I think she will still be Marichev's first choice. Kosianenko might be better "technically" and is "less predictable" but these are very subjective and IMO I don't think the difference is that big as everyone suggests.