2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• hehe i hope that happens 2

• I love Podskalnaya's smile!

and look at Gamova's joy :flower:

• Nikolic thinks she is Myreia hahaha
    This match was so funny, and the worst match I've seen this during this tournament. Awful receptions, horrible MBs spikings (except for Rasic)

• Gamova is overjoyed! :lol: look at that reaction. :D

what a terrible performance by serbia. nikolic should be ashamed of herself. i don't want to point fingers but she's the reason why serbia lost. the number of errors she committed in this match is just unbelievable. she wasn't able to serve and receive at all. :pinch:

• All Russian wing spikers with over 50% in attack and only 5 MB attacks from Russia in the match. Probably not much fun to watch but efficient. I guess Marichev's plan has been all along to get Gamova in her best shape for the final round so we can now see how successful he'll be with that.

• I hope this match was meant to be retirement match for Nikolic and Molnar... I doubt Popovic would have been worse than Cebic. I don't like Zivkovic either...If Terzic wants to make a new team, he should bring Blagojevic and Antonijevic back. But discovering Boskovic was a wise idea.

Ognjenovic, Antonijevic
    Brakocevic, Boškovic
    Rasic, Veljkovic, Ninkovic, Stevanovic
    Malagurski, Blagojevic, Maleševic, Mihajlovic
    Popovic, Rosic

I'd like to see this team next year.

• I just cant believe Malagurski would have been worse than either Nikolic or Mihaj today.

• The problem with Antonijevic is her health. She'll already miss this club season with her Achilles tendon and I really doubt that she'll want to play in the NT after that. Not that I don't want her there, but this is a key factor here.

• yeah marichev's plan is to prepare gamova for the 3rd round god that's too obvious :cursing: i mean even if you are just a casual fan you would realize that gamova is the most preffered person of the russian nt staff i mean what would be surprising is if for example they want scherban to be the secret weapon :lol:

• Serbia showed that Kosheleva was also a blockable player if you put a good wall in front.
    Gamova contributed better and this good news for Russians

now main contenders for the title : Brazil,Usa,Russia,China

• the problem is that Terzic never wants to make a new team - he still thinks the 2006 team can't be beaten. Nikolic and Molnar have no use on the team anymore, but Terzic will still pick them, they need to do the right thing and retire NOW.

Antonijevic would be a vast improvement on Zivkovic, but for whatever reason, she never gets into the team anymore.

Personally I don't think Krsmanovic or Cebic need to be taken out the team just yet. Ogjenovic and Krsmanovic have a good understanding and Cebic is usually ok (today she was terrible, though).

• the problem is that Terzic never wants to make a new team - he still thinks the 2006 team can't be beaten. Nikolic and Molnar have no use on the team anymore, but Terzic will still pick them, they need to do the right thing and retire NOW.

Antonijevic would be a vast improvement on Zivkovic, but for whatever reason, she never gets into the team anymore.

Personally I don't think Krsmanovic or Cebic need to be taken out the team just yet. Ogjenovic and Krsmanovic have a good understanding and Cebic is usually ok (today she was terrible, though).

Oh dear, If he really thinks so he should call Spasojevic and Djerisilo back too...What a stupid idea of him :down:
    I also like Nataša, but somehow I want to see Stevanovic. I dont think she's not as good as Krsmanovic at all.

• ok, TVF confirms that Turkey finished 9. Before the tournament I would say this would be a bad result but now I think it's ok. I still hope Barbolini will be fired though. No more heartbreaks with Barbolini please.

Serbia failed at the end of the tournament as I expected. I thought they could even lose to Netherlands but it didn't happen. I really think they are the strongest European team of this World Championship but they always find a way to disappoint me. Boskovic, no words :obey: I'm really curious if Vakıfbank tries to get her next year. They have a tradition for Serbian players.

• ok, TVF confirms that Turkey finished 9. Before the tournament I would say this would be a bad result but now I think it's ok. I still hope Barbolini will be fired though. No more heartbreaks with Barbolini please.

Serbia failed at the end of the tournament as I expected. I thought they could even lose to Netherlands but it didn't happen. I really think they are the strongest European team of this World Championship but they always find a way to disappoint me. Boskovic, no words :obey: I'm really curious if Vakıfbank tries to get her next year. They have a tradition for Serbian players.

they have sheilla this year. :P of course, with sheilla's (lack of) form, we might see a new OPP for vakifbank next year. unless sheilla surprise us.

• oh my,,, JPN just toying with DOM block. fersola totally lost at sea. DOM can't cope with JPN's fast attacks and clever use of block-out and dinks. nagaoka, takada, yamaguchi and sakoda just swinging at will.

nakamichi even blocked fersola.

pena as OH not helping with reception and defense, even martinez defends better.

in 3rd set, what an amazing play by brenda to run around a diving binet and recovering that ball!!!!!!!

sad for SER but they played really awful…