2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• The Italy team fought well today, USA too many mistakes
    The Brazil team was serving well, leading to Chinese team is storm
    Chinese and USA must win today

• I seriously feel bad that China is playing top 6 now. I don't want to underestimate the girls efforts but all China can offer is good attacks from Zhu Ting and smart sets from Wei. Rest is boring. Middles have a serious problem in their attacking approach. There is no defense at all as well as terrible receptions. I believe Serbia and Turkey would have much more to offer in top 6 against teams like Brazil.
    Hope this is not the best China can offer otherwise it will be such a shame. :mad:

You could say China is lucky to be one of the
    top 6 because of the pools. But they did do well during the games against other
    countries in round 1 and 2, especially the matches with AZE, BEL and CRO. :box:

I definitely agree with you about the poor
    defense, reception and blocking problems of China. They always have these
    problems, as well as the poor serve. And these problems are criticized by our
    Chinese fans. The girls can execute the strategies well sometimes. But they cannot
    keep that all the time. As for the match last night, the Brazilians dominated
    the whole game. They are so familiar with China NT that they restrained our
    attacks through good serves once and once again. It’s not China’s normal
    performance. However, an enormous gap remains between China NT and Brazil NT. :obey:

Probably you know that, Chinese players who are
    in the national team list could not attend the other countries’ league. Only through
    high-level leagues, could they improve themselves. We all hope they could become
    the professional players, rather system ones.

Btw, which Chinese player would you want if they
    could participate leagues abroad? Just for fun :dance6:

• I always think the policy of restricting NT players playing in pofessional leagues by China and Cuba Volleyball Bureau are killing their national teams. Talented players don't have chance to train and improve with world-class players to accumulate experience and mentality. And they don't have fans to cheer for them around the world. I hope someone in Chinese NT can stand out just like what Li Na did. But now the sports field remains underdeveloped for China, what a pity!

• What a game by Italy :obey: they where all amazing... Chirichella sometimes souod just serve in the opponents side without trying to do an ace. Piccinini was a disaster, fortunately Bonitta called her back on the bench very soon. When Costagrande woke up, USA died... Del Core keeps playing very well. I am so happy to see Lo Bianco and Ferretti playing together: they are our best setters!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I may be "old style", but I have never seen USA playing since Berg left the NT and IMO, they are poor without Logan Tom, Hooker and Berg. I'm not against the current players, but Tom was an amazing OH, she was a monster in defense and she was so good at setting; Hooker spikes like no much players; and Berg... You know that I love her and so I may be a little bit by her side, but I think she was one of the best setters of the world... Those 3 players are not that easy to replace

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I may be "old style", but I have never seen USA playing since Berg left the NT and IMO, they are poor without Logan Tom, Hooker and Berg. I'm not against the current players, but Tom was an amazing OH, she was a monster in defense and she was so good at setting; Hooker spikes like no much players; and Berg... You know that I love her and so I may be a little bit by her side, but I think she was one of the best setters of the world... Those 3 players are not that easy to replace

I agree on most earlier comments, especially that it is more of a system failure than players being bad. I don't think Tom or whoever else could make anything different today for USA with this system. Karch is taking a big risk, if system works well when players receive properly, then noone can stop USA. But when there is a good serving team, USA spikers cant even pass single blocks. In overall, this is an extremely "fragile system" which is influenced by many elements and with this system, US players except Alisha will keep under performing.

• I always think the policy of restricting NT players playing in pofessional leagues by China and Cuba Volleyball Bureau are killing their national teams. Talented players don't have chance to train and improve with world-class players to accumulate experience and mentality. And they don't have fans to cheer for them around the world. I hope someone in Chinese NT can stand out just like what Li Na did. But now the sports field remains underdeveloped for China, what a pity!

To let girls go out and others come in will be
    of great benefit to Chinese volleyball. But it’s meaningless for us to discuss
    this issue here. We cannot control the officials’ minds :( . Thanks to Lang Ping
    for bringing top-level players into Chinese leagues, such as Tom Logan, Costagrande, Brakocevic.

• if rivera is ready to play then dominicans have problem - that "girl" cannot jump, hits half of the spikes into the block and is so slow in reception thanks to extra-fat that i don't understand why everyone says "rivera, rivera, rivera"

• if rivera is ready to play then dominicans have problem - that "girl" cannot jump, hits half of the spikes into the block and is so slow in reception thanks to extra-fat that i don't understand why everyone says "rivera, rivera, rivera"

It's simple - Pena is so much weaker than Rivera on this moment. Martinez is sub for Mambru, but she's weaker too (now) :gone: Rivera don't jump high, but she's effective - that's all.

• It's simple - Pena is so much weaker than Rivera on this moment. Martinez is sub for Mambru, but she's weaker too (now) :gone: Rivera don't jump high, but she's effective - that's all.

Exactly, I wrote about this before. Rivera is not very tall and barely jumps, but still she constantly scores and that's what counts. Sometimes it's hard to understand HOW she does it, but it doesn't matter :D

• Brenda Castillo @BCastillo05

"Talent can win you games, but only teamwork and smart playing can win you Championships"

• So, no news about avaiable to play Rivera and Bethania? ?(

Bethania De La Cruz is fine and Prisilla Rivera will play today.

Rumors has it that the middle blocker Candida Arias will play today, but I don't think that those rumors are correct. But I hope she does....that would help a lot.

• Kim Hill was attacking against Lo Bianco`s block. She is not effective attacker and could`nt use this. Actually she is not playin so clever, that`s why no matter who is against her. Also Costagrande was defending at back side, she did great job.