2012 Olympic Games

• Honestly, Italy deserved to win this set a bit more than USA. USA was controlling it pretty smoothly up until the middle of the set. Italy went with all or nothing in serves, and they should, cause that's their only hope. USA was totally dominating blockwise. Then they started making stupid mistakes, in serve, defense and attack. Italy's problem is that Lasko and Savani can't help Zaytsev much to score, but USA's struggling as well. At the end of the set, american guys started feeling afraid, cause Italy totally showed up for this match. So far, Anderson's not as good as he's been in the past, and the middles are much more effective. This was an important 1st set. The match becomes unpredictable, I think. If USA had won, maybe Italy would feel the pressure.

• Great first game! The referee fucked up in the end with that "ace" by the US server but Italians climbed back.

Savani shouldn't be a captain. A true captain should make right decisions, be stable and bring calmness to the team. Savani is everything but that. Why Berutto doesn't choose Kovar or Parodi only he knows.

Travica is such a jerk when he complains about referee's decisions even when he is making the faults. Berutto has to calm him down every time.

Anyway, Forza Italia :super:

• I guess brazilians aren't the only annoying ones in that department. :whistling:

• USA, please, don't pissed me off :pinch:
    I guess even they don't know how they lost it, especially that their advantage was pretty big(18:15 - you won't have bigger in such a match!).

And Anderson, man, start playing.

• what a one on one block by mastrangelo!

• Savani shouldn't be a captain. A true captain should make right decisions, be stable and bring calmness to the team. Savani is everything but that. Why Berutto doesn't choose Kovar or Parodi only he knows.

Both Kovar and Parodi are not 'starters' let's say, so they don't always presence on the cort, for the same reason I think that Papi and Fei(in the MB role) also are not for captains. In that case maybe Lasko would be the rightest choice, cause I aslo think Savani is not the most suitable option. But as long as I know Berutto's love for Dragan, I'm sure that he dream to see him as a captain :D

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• This is just UNBELIEVABLE how USA wastes their chances!!!

Anderson should LEAVE court as fast as it's possible, it would be the best move by Knipe for his team :wall:

• Italy are reading USA in attack almost perfectly for now. As I've said they are playing same game all the time and are predictable. Let's see if they can keep it up.

• Both Kovar and Parodi are not 'starters' let's say, so they don't always presence on the cort, for the same reason I think that Papi and Fei(in the MB role) also are not for captains. In that case maybe Lasko would be the rightest choice, cause I aslo think Savani is not the most suitable option. But as long as I know Berutto's love for Dragan, I'm sure that he dream to see him as a captain :D

I meant to choose Parodi or Kovar to substitute him in the field, not as a captain ;) I think Mastro would be the ideal choice.

Everyone except Travica is playing good. Even Bari is not that bad.
    USA can't raise their level. They play the same level in the group stage vs Tunisia, Serbia, Brazil and Russia and today. They should switch the gears ot they're done.

• Italy gained a lot of confidence after winning the 1st set.

And USA's performance is been a big disappointment, specially since I considered them the team that played the best volleyball during the group rounds. This doesn't take away the amazing effort of the italian team, cause they're serving like madmen and playing with a lot of heart, which are obviously their big strenghts, but if USA could play at least closer to what they did in the group rounds, the match would be at least more balanced. USA's making simple mistakes, stuff they don't usually do, like in defense, when you're supposed to cover for the block or attack. They're supposed to be the team with the best tactical defensive system. Very disappointing.

I think it'll be very hard to turn it around. There's still a shot and, in theory, they're mentally strong, so they'd be able to do it. But I'm not very confident. Their spikers don't look so threatening. They'd need a big change.

• I meant to choose Parodi or Kovar to substitute him in the field, not as a captain ;)

You mean to sub him today? Kovar is not in London and Parodi has some back pains

• It seems it doesn't mean what happened in group's matches, everything can be changed in quaterfinal...
    Italy was cheating against Bulgaria, it looks like USA is comfortable opponent for them.

• Oh my...italy is destryoing USA.

• It seems it doesn't mean what happened in group's matches, everything can be changed in quaterfinal...
    Italy was cheating against Bulgaria, it looks like USA is comfortable opponent for them.

I don't think Italy cheated, any victory would bring them on first place. And Berruto didn't look like he wanted to lose, I doubt they are so good actors

• I don't think Italy cheated, any victory would bring them on first place. And Berruto didn't look like he wanted to lose, I doubt they are so good actors

I considered the possibility before the match. I didn't watch it, so I can't comment. But obviously USA is a better match for Italy than Brazil or Russia, that's pretty clear.

• I don't think Italy cheated, any victory would bring them on first place. And Berruto didn't look like he wanted to lose, I doubt they are so good actors

There was moment in which he was near to hysteria :lol:

Oh, Italy surprises me so positive today! Bravo! Finally Italians are showing their teeth! :obey:

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"