2012 Olympic Games

• I considered the possibility before the match. I didn't watch it, so I can't comment. But obviously USA is a better match for Italy than Brazil or Russia, that's pretty clear.

USA would have been a better match than Brasil and Russia for any of group A teams ;)
    Besides, If you want to cheat and lose on purpose, you put your reserves in and take it easy-e.g. Brasil, Poland. You don't put your best players and then scream at them during timeouts like a lunatic teacher 8o

• You mean to sub him today? Kovar is not in London and Parodi has some back pains

Not today. Always. What I'm saying is I don't like Savani.

It seems it doesn't mean what happened in group's matches, everything can be changed in quaterfinal...
    Italy was cheating against Bulgaria, it looks like USA is comfortable opponent for them.

They didn't cheated. It's all about bad opponents. Italy are wooden against us like we against ARG, like ARG against Brazil.

• USA would have been a better match than Brasil and Russia for any of group A teams ;)
    Besides, If you want to cheat and lose on purpose, you put your reserves in and take it easy-e.g. Brasil, Poland. You don't put your best players and then scream at them during timeouts like a lunatic teacher 8o

In theory, yes. Before the OG, I would assume the same thing. But USA played better than both Brazil and Russia in the 1st phase, so I'd imagine they could also beat any of the group A teams. :whistling:

• Great defense by Italy...I smell a win.

• USA just can't pmake a single clear attack. If it is not a kill block, the ball is touched either by the block or by the defender

• USA just can't pmake a single clear attack. If it is not a kill block, the ball is touched either by the block or by the defender

USA are even letting Dragan to mock them :D

Primo tempooo! :cup: :woohoo:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Congrats, Italy!
    I think it should be quite a good battle against Brazil! :box:
    And both teams are meeting often in semifinals, huh?
    USA just didn't have a good attitude today. They were crushed by italians.

• Daniel Castellani says the United States is better than anyone else at building and maturing talent at the right time to win competitions in a blog for the FIVB website.

The former Argentina player and coach said that their preparation in the lead up to Olympic Games is also very impressive.

“USA Volleyball knows how to obtain results by targeting sport events and how many losses you’ll have to face on your way to the podium,” Castellani said. “This is a system that in other super-professional volleyball countries is impossible to plan, because the pressure of sponsors or media will kill you."

• I'm so, SO disappointed. It's not that I can't believe in their loss, but this performance was horrible, like they were playing first time together 8|
    The worst player was definitely Anderson, God, his attack looked hopeless :white: And also Stanley didn't show his best, he wanted to fight but his possibilities today didn't allow him to do it.
    Congratulations for Italy, I didn't saw them doing like this yet, but it doesn't change the fact I will never support them and I hope Brazil's gonna smash, crush them, kick their asses :box:

I hope this is the first and last moment, when I'm sad because of bad match by team, that I support.

• http://www.sbnation.com/london…uarterfinals-italy-resuts

The defending gold medalist USA men’s volleyball team fell victim to a tough draw and a poor performance on Wednesday as they were bounced from the Olympics in the quarterfinals, losing to a strong Italian squad in straight sets.

The fifth-ranked US squad looked good in the preliminary round, winning group B over top-ranked Brazil, but they met their match against the sixth-ranked Italians. The American had a set point in the first-set, failed to convert, and ended up losing 28-26. After that it seemed like the Italians had a mental edge over the US as the Americans failed to generate enough offense, only staying in the games based on the strength of their blocking, which left them in the third set.

Perhaps the most telling stat was how much Italy dominated serve in the match with nine aces to only two for the USA. Ultimately Italy won 28-26, 25-20, 25-20 and advances to take on the Brazilians in the semifinals. Brazil breezed past Argentina in straight sets earlier Wednesday.

• Daniel Castellani says the United States is better than anyone else at building and maturing talent at the right time to win competitions in a blog for the FIVB website.

The former Argentina player and coach said that their preparation in the lead up to Olympic Games is also very impressive.

“USA Volleyball knows how to obtain results by targeting sport events and how many losses you’ll have to face on your way to the podium,” Castellani said. “This is a system that in other super-professional volleyball countries is impossible to plan, because the pressure of sponsors or media will kill you."

He's a coach of course he'll say that. What coach wouldn't be happy to know he won't be fired 4 years even if he lost most of his games? :D

• Italy totally destroyed USA! I really didn't expect it. USA had a good form in the group matches as a whole team but today their players were out of shape except the middles: Lee and Holmes. Italy served SUPER! Savani and Zaytsev :cheesy: :obey: They killed USA receivers, even the libero of the USA was helpless. These two players' serves mean A LOT for the Italians. They are too risky but when they send the ball to the other side, no chance for the opponents. 8o The only missing part in Italy is the middles. They should contribute more! Lasko didn't perform well today and Savani-Zaytsev duo were all alone at scoring. Brazil-Italy will be a great battle :super:

Can't wait for Russia - Poland! Go Poland :super:

• Italy totally destroyed USA! I really didn't expect it. USA had a good form in the group matches as a whole team but today their players were out of shape except the middles: Lee and Holmes. Italy served SUPER! Savani and Zaytsev :cheesy: :obey: They killed USA receivers, even the libero of the USA was helpless. These two players' serves mean A LOT for the Italians. They are too risky but when they send the ball to the other side, no chance for the opponents. 8o The only missing part in Italy is the middles. They should contribute more! Lasko didn't perform well today and Savani-Zaytsev duo were all alone at scoring. Brazil-Italy will be a great battle :super:

Can't wait for Russia - Poland! Go Poland :super:

Agree. I didn't expect Italy to win at all :teach:

POLSKA :super: :super: :super:

• Two fast quarterfinals ended 3:0. Time for an epic battle ended in a tie-break. Come on, guys! I'm barely alive because of you. Bring me to life! Fight!