2012 Olympic Games

• Ace Volleywood hasn't written a word about Bulgaria since the tournament started, he hasn't published news about the semifinal Bulgaria - Germany. Please somebody wake him

I know that Ace had some issues with the site last week. He has been posting through facebook.
    My advanced stats normally go there and he has mentioned that he is sorry to me through e-mail.

He is doing the best he can to bring us the best Volleyball site (excluding Inside-Volley of course) on the web.

• Hell no. You may lose with the russian, but you will play with italians for third place and beat them easily. And Bulgaria will win a medal, a team with missing players, corrupt federation bosses and a decoy head coach will win a olympic medal, and it will be the most legendary moment in Bulgarian sport history.

Winning bronze medal cannot be our 'most legendary moment in Bulgarian sport hystory' as we already have an Olympic silver medal in men's volleyball, let alone in our sport hystory as a whole :whistle:

• Maybe i will incur some negatives with my opinion but i feel that polish fans unnecessarily dramatize their drop-out. What we bulgarians can say. Our achievments in recent years are modest. More important from them are three bronze medals from World and European championships and one World Cup.During that time Poland are European champions, World Cup silver medalists and current World league winners.These are achievements for we can only dream but we never dramatized like that how our hearts are broken and how we feel that this world comes to an end and others too emotional comparisons . We are failing at almost every major tournament, but we have no other choice and we accept that this is our fate. Our guys really played some incredibles matches in this Olympics but we are still very far from medals. So we haven't won still nothing significant. Excuse me for this reaction, but because of all successes that Poland has some dramas seem to me unnecessary

Thank you for this sensible post. Not all Polish fans are devastated as
    they understand that it is only sport and failure is an integral part of
    it. However, we would like to understand why the defeat was was big
    (Poland lost 3 out of 6 matches) and why Polish players didn't show
    their full potential. As for the Bulgarian national team, I was quite
    glad when they lost Matej and I expected them to do well without him. I
    think that Bulgarian players relied too much on him and didn't take
    individual responsibility for the way they played. Matej played well
    Bulgaria won, Matej didn't do well Bulgaria lost. Generally, I think
    that Bulgaria has high potential and it is a pity it has been wasted for
    such a long time.

• Yes, Bulgaria has plenty of good tallents, it's up to the coaches if they can mix them to get a good team.
    About today's game I think Russia is just too strong. We would probably have chances against Brasil but against Russia- no, imo
    On the other hand, they are talking about an easy 1/2 fina ?( Hello, Serbia and E. Ch. 2011 1/2final ring a bell? :thumbsup:

Don't you worry, don't you worry child. See heaven's got a plan for you

Edited once, last by rugby ().

• Matej played well
    Bulgaria won, Matej didn't do well Bulgaria lost.

Some of the matches Bulgaria lost when Matey was playing his best game. In Beijing 2008 only he battled with Russia, In ECH2011 he received everything perfectly and positively, we had 64% vs 32% reception for the Russians, he scored all the time vs the block, built only to stop him and we still lost with a difference. Against Germany he had alien stats in attack and served every time with full power and we still lost. When he plays his best game, the team stops playing and they only watch him and nothing gets done. That's very depressing for a player, to know that his strongest play get's wasted because the other players are his fans, not his helpers.

• Yes, Bulgaria has plenty of good tallents, it's up to the coaches if they can mix them to get a good team.
    About today's game I think Russia is just too strong. We would probably have chances against Brasil but against Russia- no, imo
    On the other hand, they are talking about an easy 1/2 fina ?( Hello, Serbia and E. Ch. 2011 1/2final ring a bell? :thumbsup:

I don't think it will be an easy SF for Russia. Their QF was easy because Poland played crap. Bulgaria playes much better. Their MBs are not so tall as Russian MBs but they are quick and block well. Skrimov, in my opinion, is the key to success. If he receives well and adds something in attack to support Sokolov and Aleksiev, Bulgaria may cause trouble. I remember how annoying was small Kubiak for Russia when he played block-out all the time in the bronze medal match during EC 2011. Russia made a lot of serving errors during their match with Poland and their wing spikers were not the biggest danger. If Bulgaria manages to stop Russian MBs, they really stand a chance. Serving will be crucial.

• I don't agree and the discussion can become pretty long here. They weren't prepared enough, for some reason, for this Olympics, indeed were shaky until now, but their success and qualification is not a fluke, trust me ;)

OK, maybe not a fluke but they overperformed. I mean, check them out- block is full of holes, attack is like 60% Grozer and 30% MBs

• Some of the matches Bulgaria lost when Matey was playing his best game. In Beijing 2008 only he battled with Russia, In ECH2011 he received everything perfectly and positively, we had 64% vs 32% reception for the Russians, he scored all the time vs the block, built only to stop him and we still lost with a difference. Against Germany he had alien stats in attack and served every time with full power and we still lost. When he plays his best game, the team stops playing and they only watch him and nothing gets done. That's very depressing for a player, to know that his strongest play get's wasted because the other players are his fans, not his helpers.

Agree. That's what I meant by "not taking responsibility by other players"

• OK, maybe not a fluke but they overperformed. I mean, check them out- block is full of holes, attack is like 60% Grozer and 30% MBs

That sounds like Serbia with Milijkovic :lol:

• Almost the same thing, only except Serbian MBs>German MBs, Serbian OHs> German OHs, and Miljkovic>Grozer :D

• Serbian OHs> German OHs

Still not great OHs and Grozer can be a beast more than Milijkovic, he needs more experience

• I just want to congratulate all Bulgarian, Italian, Russian and Brazilian users here. I feel sorry I didn't watch last quarterfinal, especially that it was played by Bulgaria, but I just had no strength to do it. The feeling was as if I was falling and falling and I only waited for the moment when I finally collide with the earth but this moment never came. Yesterday I wanted this world to come to an end. And when I woke up this morning or rather afternoon I felt as if the world ended but I stayed in the middle of nowhere. About one hour ago I found out that Bulgaria made it to semifinal. So, for this moment I have no strength to watch any volleyball matches, actually any sport competitions, but I have my heart still in a right place and I'm sending it all to Bulgarian team now. Ok, I borrow it, 'cause it still may be useful in my everyday life and in loving my own team. Bulgarians, there's nothing that can stop you. Absolutely nothing. Just have a little faith. Your team is the most surprising one on this tournament. For me, you're already the winner. For being like a phoenix rising from the ashes. Don't stop and take this gold!

We had no shoutbox. I hope I won't be condemned for this post...

Drama or not, her feelings show how much volleyball means to her and her country. People react differently, some more emotional, the rest not. I do understand your feelings, everyone's been down there at least once, the point is to know there is now and always a way up. Being a champion is not only about winning medals, but also staying on your feet when you should be down on the ground. Heads up!

About the German NT, yes, the resemblance with Mijlkovic's Serbia is appropriate, but there were a lot of games when Grozer was well supported by Popp and Kaliberda, for example. When the team plays bad, like in this OG, Grozer is the one to lead them, and in games like against Bulgaria even Grozer wasn't enough. Serbian OHs are not better than the German ones, their current performance in London doesn't change the fact! Cuba maybe more balanced and versatile in general, but Germany won the match in the same way Bulgaria lost it during WCH 2010, so, to me, there's nothing accidental. Anyway, as I said, the discussion can be long, don't want to keep the fire burning :)

Fortunatly in Russia nobody thinks that it will be easy semi-final. In some interview you can read it, but it doesnt count. All team and staff I think understand now that it will be one if the difficultiest match. I am very glad that this time they dont spesk about easy game, because it can destroy our team, loosing concentration and not taking serious this match.

• Russia is our Europen Argentina :wacko: :wacko:
    that is David vs Goliath type of match! Only a miracle can bring us into the final...

Unfortunately we saw in this OG, POL vs AUS, AUS vs ITA sometimes is not enough to be David :wacko:

• I think both semifinals depend on the performance of Italy and Russia. If Italy and Russia play their game, with few errors - they will win.

I'm not saying that Brazil and Bulgaria are so weak but they are weaker as individuals(Brazil, too, considering their age and shape). Every single player in the Russian NT is better on paper than the player in the same position in Bulgarian NT(except the libero probably). Bulgaria's advantage is the team spirit and team chemistry. But it won't change anything if Russia play motivated and near to their best. Bulgaria's chance is if Russia underestimate them or get choked cause it is a semifinal.

What I'm worried about is if Bulgarian team is overexcited. Excitement is good, it decreases the pressure but up to a point when this excitement gets so big that coaches and players stop using their heads. This idiot Naydenov is acting like we're the best team in the world just because we play like a team and we're ready for gold, we will win... And it's worse that he's saying it again and again. Ganev is also tormenting the players with his typical behaviour. I hope these two Balkan individuals don't spoil the team and make all of this really serious thing into a mascarade. I count on Placci.

About Italy, nothing new. They rely very much on their serve. The key figure for me will be Savani, both on reception and attack. If his game goes well, they have huge chances for a final. Brazil's key figure is Visotto(did he get well after that minor injury vs Argentina?). My mind is telling me Italy-Russia on the final, my heart - eh...gold medal for Bulgaria :lol:

• Trig, I totaly share your oppinion! Italy - Russia is my pick for final, as I said I feel we will play Brazil next match and don't look like it will be the gold medal one...
    I hope we take a medal, really wish it to celebrate that fantastic run with podium, but maybe it will be too much for your yongsters!

• Russia is our Europen Argentina :wacko: :wacko:
    that is David vs Goliath type of match! Only a miracle can bring us into the final...

Theoretically Bulgaria had to won just two matches, against GB and Australia, so stop saying the things like this, 'cause you should know already what Bulgaria is able to do ;)

• What I'm worried about is if Bulgarian team is overexcited. Excitement is good, it decreases the pressure but up to a point when this excitement gets so big that coaches and players stop using their heads. This idiot Naydenov is acting like we're the best team in the world just because we play like a team and we're ready for gold, we will win... And it's worse that he's saying it again and again. Ganev is also tormenting the players with his typical behaviour. I hope these two Balkan individuals don't spoil the team and make all of this really serious thing into a mascarade. I count on Placci.

After the QF guys sounded still on Earth to me, they are realizing or at least they give suchs signs, that they won't devote to the excitement too much. On the other hand though, Naydenov was behaving as an infantile... :wacko:
    But I really hope that our players don't see the Russian team the way I see them - as unbeatable giants on the field. Yes, too much overexcitement is def bad, but it would also be totally wrong if our team goes on court as doomed! My mind is also contra to my heart... :roll:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I don't believe in Italy, unlike before the game with USA. Especially if it's true that Vissotto won't play- it will make Bruno search more variation in attack, and it will be very difficult for the Italian block to stop it