2012 Olympic Games

• probably 3:0 or 0:3 is coming :rolll: :dance6:

You are right. The last time we met Russia a week ago, it was an 3x0 :D

• I hope it will be Bulgaria....I don't want Italy to win as they have been playing crap with the exception of the ITA vs. USA match. Italy cannot maintain the level of play so they may lack some confidence and Bulgaria has enough arguments to defeat them.

• Besides the provocation, I believe that Russia is a better team than Brazil.

BUT AS I SAID BEFORE, that doesn't mean Russia gonna play their best in the final match :whistle:

• So Italy and Japan made the dirty work when they defeated USA and China, and now Brazil is in both finals.

Congratulations Brazil! :win:

• Congratulations for Russia's team and all Russian users here! :win:
    Russia are definately a really strong team , I think they are in a very good shape for the tournament and actually they are my favourite for the gold. Yes, we lost the match, but we also had our chances during the game. Unfortunately our serve wasn't well - too many errors, today def wasn't Sokolov's best day, also our reception wasn't stable enough and we got too many direct points from aces, BUT I'm glad with the attitude and the fight spirit that our players demonstarted, it was great to see them rising up after the smashing 2nd set and getting back in the game! I think that we will go in the match for the bronze medal very motivated and in a fighting mood, I really want us to finish our olympic adventure with a medal :)

As for the other semi, Italy disappointed me, I kinda feel 'misled', if I may use this epithet, cause I expected much much more from them after the QF against USA, but....Brazilians were simply increddible in this match, no doubt! :obey:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• congratulations to Brazil...they played superbly and now they are back in final against Russia! to me they are favourite,let's see! anyway they showed everybody that they overcame all the difficulties of this summer...

• Interestingly enough, Russia has never won the Olympics (at least as Russia) and the United States women's team never achieved Olympic title. Will this weekend's finals make the difference? :roll:

• Or Brazil will take both gold medals :win:

I just can't help it! :heart:

Winning or losing, DO YOUR BEST, please! :white:

• Or Brazil will take both gold medals :win:

I just can't help it! :heart:

Winning or losing, DO YOUR BEST, please! :white:

:rose:

• That Italian Captain Christian Savani is a fine looking man.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Russia has very good players but they have always lived some problems at high level .Actually reaching the final is a great succes for Russia.They have the power to beat Brasil but bcz of some mental problems they may not show their full perfomance.If they beat Brasil then this will be a great turning point for Russian male volleyball and they can be more succesful with this start in the future.

• I'm hurt from last night. I can't believe it still. Will Berruto go now?

Why should he go? He is squeezing the max out of his players

• You don't want Berruto to stay? Why?

Exactly. I don't get it. He's milking the best out of the team.

About the semis... I think Brazil did a very good job against Italy. I don't know, you guys. I'm thinking it's gonna be really really hard to take this gold away from Brazil. You can see the fire in their eyes. I'm not confident Russia has the same drive. Everything's coming together for Brazil, it's like a sort of redemption, after every business that happened in the past, with Ricardo, and Bernardo's relationship with the guys, and everything. And Brazil's a bad match for Russia. They usually underperform against Brazil. I think this is gonna be a very tough, balanced match, but I just give the edge to Brazil. And have to disagree with rugby about Russia being the best team in the tournament. :P

I think, also, bronze medal match will be exciting. Bulgaria is the sensation of the tournament - like Korea was among the girls - and I just hope they have the best attitude to grab this medal. I wish USA was a contender, but they just couldn't keep their consistency. I think Italy is not that good. Berruto strives for the best, but the roster is limited. Lasko and Savani are not world class attackers, and Zaytsev felt the pressure of yesterday's match way too much. So, I think if Bulgaria keeps the momentum they have up for them, they should prevail.