Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• All good my friend! ;) I like Schweriner as well...but Dresden is my first team in Germany..hehehe ^^

• I like Jana Poll's performance today, in reception she is quite solid apart from a few mistakes, she attacks with guts and she also defends well.

I am suprised you said that. I thought Jana was horrible. Dresden made a target of Jana. They found out that she was a weekness and they exploited it. I thought Sonja did ok. It wasnt't her best match, but she did everyting she could. The setting was horrible. I am really disappointed in Mollers. It was as bad as in Dressden. I hope that next year Newcombe can move up and play on a team that has a good setter. She is a solid player and is good on both offense and deffense.

Congrats to Dresden. They were very good tonight. I know that their coach gets a lot of negative publicity but I think he made very good choices and changes. I think Guillermo had one foot out the door and did not care what happend with Vilsbiburg. I rhink that Schwerin vs. Dresden is best for the final. I see a lot of changes with Vilsbiburg. I dont think they will have many returning next year.

• As reported here, Lonneke Sloetjes, Hana Cutura and Lea Hildebrand will leave USC Münster, Ashley Benson is going to stay another season, Ines Bathen will probably stay til 2016.

Concerning Lea Hildebrand and Lonneke Sloetjes, that´s not really surprising, but I would not have expected Hana Cutura to leave. I´m curious who is going to replace them... :white:

• I am suprised you said that. I thought Jana was horrible. Dresden made a target of Jana. They found out that she was a weekness and they exploited it. I thought Sonja did ok. It wasnt't her best match, but she did everyting she could. The setting was horrible. I am really disappointed in Mollers. It was as bad as in Dressden. I hope that next year Newcombe can move up and play on a team that has a good setter. She is a solid player and is good on both offense and deffense.

Congrats to Dresden. They were very good tonight. I know that their coach gets a lot of negative publicity but I think he made very good choices and changes. I think Guillermo had one foot out the door and did not care what happend with Vilsbiburg. I rhink that Schwerin vs. Dresden is best for the final. I see a lot of changes with Vilsbiburg. I dont think they will have many returning next year.

Usually, Jana Poll is indeed the weak spot of the team, but yesterday I was positively surprised. Yes, Dresden targeted her with serves, but yesterday she took the pressure fairly well, and just for yesterday's match, she was much better in reception than Newcombe. Remember that it's Poll's first season in a top team, and I think she has made good progress over the year.
    I agree about Möllers, yesterday she made some poor choices and also the quality of her sets was not constant. During the season I thought she had nearly reached the level of Apitz, but yesterday there was a striking difference between the two. Newcombe can surely play better than yesterday, no doubt about it. I hope she stays in German league!

As reported here, Lonneke Sloetjes, Hana Cutura and Lea Hildebrand will leave USC Münster, Ashley Benson is going to stay another season, Ines Bathen will probably stay til 2016.

Concerning Lea Hildebrand and Lonneke Sloetjes, that´s not really surprising, but I would not have expected Hana Cutura to leave. I´m curious who is going to replace them... :white:

Wow...I don't understand Münster's management and coach. From what I read in the fan forum, Büring had some conflicts with Lea Hildebrand, and it was public that he also knocked heads with Cutura during this season. Benson staying is the only good news, but if they intend to continue with Dijkema and Petrausch in first six, next season won't get them better results than this one :S

• I am suprised you said that. I thought Jana was horrible. Dresden made a target of Jana. They found out that she was a weekness and they exploited it. I thought Sonja did ok. It wasnt't her best match, but she did everyting she could. The setting was horrible. I am really disappointed in Mollers. It was as bad as in Dressden. I hope that next year Newcombe can move up and play on a team that has a good setter. She is a solid player and is good on both offense and deffense.

It is true, that Dresden made a target out of Jana, but you also have to know, that she has a bad leg and couldn´t move to well. Not lookin´ for any excuses, just telling you what´s goin´on.
    I thought Sonja was not as good as she usually is, she had 3 or 4 good attacks which were nice for the crowd, but that´s it. Also the reception was not good and therefore there were not too many options in setting.
    It should also be clear, that Liana Mesa Luaces, at the age of 35, ain´t able to play two games on a high level in such a short period of time, anymore.
    By watching the match, you can clearly tell, that Vilsbiburg´s team was mentally exhausted. We didn´t have as much and good options on the substitutes´ bench as other teams.

As far as Guille goes having one foot out of the door, nothing can be further from the truth. As i told before, he is a real pro and he´s probably the one being most disappointed, but is also the one with the most understanding for last night´s loss. I can assure you, he wanted to stay here for one more year. Him leaving the club has nothing to do with him wanting to leave and also has nothing to do with the club not wanting him anymore.

• Wiesbaden has filed for bancruptcy with the local court. More on this tomorrow.

That sounds dramatic, but after reading the article about it, it's probably not that bad. One of the main sponsors apparently didn't/doesn't pay what they promised, so the club has debts because of that, but the manager expects the team to persist and play next season without problems.

• That sounds dramatic, but after reading the article about it, it's probably not that bad. One of the main sponsors apparently didn't/doesn't pay what they promised, so the club has debts because of that, but the manager expects the team to persist and play next season without problems.

The article is already out? Didn´t know that, i thougt they was gonna publish it or a press release tomorrow.

• I see. From what i understand, there will also be a press release by VC Wiesbaden tomorrow regarding this issue. Don´t think, that there will be anything that hasn´t been written in the article of the Wiesbadener Tagblatt.

• The press release is already on Wiesbaden's website: http://www.vc-wiesbaden.de/cms…6_%20Pressemitteilung.pdf

Not much interesting in it...the trouble came up because one of the main sponsors surprisingly doesn't pay, and the club is still paying old debts from the previous management that almost destroyed the club in 2011. But still, the club expects the problems to be solved soon and the team to play as planned next season. One of the other big sponsors has already promised their support, players and staff will get their money as written in their contracts, if necessary the manager will pay them out of his own pocket in case there will be problems. He says players and staff are the protagonists, without them there is no Volleyball in Wiesbaden, so their salary is the priority.

This is something that clubs in other countries, mainly Italy these days, should read and act the same way :!:

• Sounds not so harmless to me as the articles want to tell.
    I have never heard before of an Insolvenz in german sports without demotion.

• This is something that clubs in other countries, mainly Italy these days, should read and act the same way

I agree, but I'm not hopeful…

But anyway, congrats on your 7000th post and thanks for making this forum so much more enjoyable :thumbsup:

Sounds not so harmless to me as the articles want to tell.
    I have never heard before of an Insolvenz in german sports without demotion.

Well, I'm not an expert on the insolvency rules of the various German sports leagues, but could it be different this time because management/sponsors are making (or guaranteeing) payments on behalf of the club? Normally in an insolvency situation there is a legally-defined 'pecking order' which varies from country to country (in somewhere like France employees get extremely preferential treatment, in Germany/UK/USA they do not).

I'm sorry if the above seems a bit unrelated to volleyball itself, but sadly it's now relevant to the league. I wish Wiesbaden the best, I think we'd all like to see the fate of teams decided on the court, not off it.

• I'm definitely also no expert in those financial things.
    We will see what happens.

• The last bancruptys in the league (Sinsheim; Grimma, BBVC, Volleycats and maybe some more some years earlier) didn't have the result, that the clubs played again in the first league in next season...

Sinsheim tried to ged rid of their debts using this way and it didn't work.
    On the other hand: VC Wiebaden has support from the league, so if they can reach agreements with their creditors they might have a chance.

• My previous prediction, that the new coach of Vilsbiburg will be one who was already there, has become true.
    Jorge Munari signed a two year contract.
    Welcome back, my friend!

Matthias: 7,000 posts. That´s awesome! Congratulations :drink:

• My previous prediction, that the new coach of Vilsbiburg will be one who was already there, has become true.
    Jorge Munari signed a two year contract.
    Welcome back, my friend!

Matthias: 7,000 posts. That´s awesome! Congratulations :drink:

Thanks, I didn't even notice it to be honest, just when you and Matt wrote it :lol: :drink:

Munari is the one who was in Grimma this year right? As far as I read he did very good work there, so it's good news :thumbup: I hope he'll do good work in Vilsbiburg :win: