Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• Köpenick signed 32 year old Benedikt Frank as head coach for 3 years. He shall also work with the youth teams of the club with the goal to get more players for the 1st team from own youth players. The last 5 years he was head coach and also responsible for youth teams in SV Lohhof (2nd league, 2009/10 in 1st league).

According to rumors from Italy, Ciara Michel will play in Busto Arsizio next season. Robin De Kruijf will play in Piacenza. Teun Buijs signed as head coach for Sopot in Poland.

• Köpenick signed 32 year old Benedikt Frank as head coach for 3 years. He shall also work with the youth teams of the club with the goal to get more players for the 1st team from own youth players. The last 5 years he was head coach and also responsible for youth teams in SV Lohhof (2nd league, 2009/10 in 1st league).

No surprise here. Bene was born in Berlin and i guess it´s great for him to come back home. Bene is a nice guy who can work very well with young talents. I´m happy for him to have signed a contract with Köpenick.

• No surprise here. Bene was born in Berlin and i guess it´s great for him to come back home. Bene is a nice guy who can work very well with young talents. I´m happy for him to have signed a contract with Köpenick.

So now all clubs have their coach and Jan Lindenmair is still without a job. I wonder where he'll go, he said he'll definitely continue as coach...

• Matches for the first round of the DVV Cup have been announced

Regionalsieder NO/N - Aachen
    Regionalsieger NW - Suhl
    Regionalsieger SO/S - Münster
    Regionalsieger SW/O - ROTE RABEN
    Regionalsieger W - Stuttgart
    Potsdam - Dresden
    Wiesbaden - Schwerin
    Hamburg - Köpenick

So, one of last year´s finalists will already be out after the first round!

• Traditional player rankings of Volleyball Magazin, elected by coaches, captains and journalists:

MVP:
    1. Denise Hanke
    2. Anne Buijs
    3. Janine Völker ( :what: )
    4. Mareen Apitz
    5. Liana Mesa

Newcomer:
    1. Lisa Izquierdo
    2. Jana-Franziska Poll
    3. Louisa Lippmann

Defense:
    1. Nicole Davis
    2. Lenka Dürr
    3. Lisa Thomsen
    4. Julie Jasova
    5. Linda Dörendahl

Attack:
    1. Anne Buijs
    2. Lousi Souza Ziegler
    3. Lucia Fresco
    4. Martina Utla
    5. Lonneke Sloetjes

Reception:
    1. Julie Jasova
    2. Lenka Dürr
    3. Nicole Davis
    4. Lisa Thomsen
    5. Linda Dörendahl

Serve:
    1. Denise Hanke
    2. Mareike Hindriksen
    3. Mareen Apitz
    4. Regina Burchardt
    5. Janine Völker

Block:
    1. Rebecca Pavan
    2. Quinta Steenbergen
    3. Robin de Kruijf
    4. Kathy Radzuweit
    5. Alessandra Jovy-Heusser

Setter:
    1. Denise Hanke
    2. Mareen Apitz
    3. Lena Möllers
    4. Mareike Hindriksen
    5. Martina Viestova

• Völker's 3rd ranked in MVP-list is indeed :sos: :what: :?:

• Völker's 3rd ranked in MVP-list is indeed :sos: :what: :?:

Sometimes she had serving streaks at very important moments when she entered in backrow, probably that's the reason.

About Muijlwijk, I think it's a good transfer. Wiesbaden has some problems now, but Andi Vollmer is doing very good work there and they'll have a strong team next season again, just with a smaller bench. The article says they'll get a 2nd setter and another MB soon but they are still looking for a libero because the one they wanted doesn't come.

Michael Evers (Schwerin manager) mentions in Volleyball Magazin article that Lisa Thomsen will probably leave Schwerin if she gets a good offer from abroad.

• ichael Evers (Schwerin manager) mentions in Volleyball Magazin article that Lisa Thomsen will probably leave Schwerin if she gets a good offer from abroad.

No big surprise...since Schwerin needs to rebuild the team from zero.

• It sounds like maybe the bad news for Vilsbiburg will continue... :down:

There are rumors that Sonja Newcombe will not return for next season and that she has received offers from Russia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, and Italy. I had also heard the Schwerin had interest in Newcombe playing for them.

I hope she finds a great place, but sad to see her leave

• I guess 2012/13 will have been the best season of Bundesliga for the time being. Almost all of the good players are leaving and it will be very hard for the teams to replace them, and only the top 3 teams have the money to get really good players from abroad. Other teams must hope to discover some hidden talents...

• It sounds like maybe the bad news for Vilsbiburg will continue... :down:

There are rumors that Sonja Newcombe will not return for next season and that she has received offers from Russia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, and Italy. I had also heard the Schwerin had interest in Newcombe playing for them.

I hope she finds a great place, but sad to see her leave

It would be better for Newcombe to play in teams that compete in european cups so that she could be selected to NT hopefully. I am really surprised that she was not even invited to wide roster :what: She is such a balanced-OH :rose:

• It would be better for Newcombe to play in teams that compete in european cups so that she could be selected to NT hopefully. I am really surprised that she was not even invited to wide roster :what: She is such a balanced-OH :rose:

I dont think not playing in Euro Cups has anything to do with it. Rote Raben competed this year. Also Kristen Richards played in Yesilyurt Turkey and did not compete in Euro Cups and everyone seems to love her. Sonja did much better than Kristen in Turkey.

I wonder why she is not on the team yet. It seems that this summer the USA will have many players in the Gym and I wouldnt be suprised if Newcombe Joins them at some point.

• I guess 2012/13 will have been the best season of Bundesliga for the time being. Almost all of the good players are leaving and it will be very hard for the teams to replace them, and only the top 3 teams have the money to get really good players from abroad. Other teams must hope to discover some hidden talents...

And the sellout continues, Ciara Michel also goes to Italy and joins Anne Buijs and Lonneke Sloetjes in Busto Arsizio...

• ]I guess 2012/13 will have been the best season of Bundesliga for the time being[/b]. Almost all of the good players are leaving and it will be very hard for the teams to replace them, and only the top 3 teams have the money to get really good players from abroad. Other teams must hope to discover some hidden talents...

Totally agree.

Hanke, Buijs, Hatinova, Steenbergen, Thomsen(?) (Schwerin), De Kruijf, Apitz (?) (Dresden), Newcombe, (Vilsbiburg), Michel (Hamburg). Sloetjes, Cutura (Münster)

Impossive list leaving Bundesliga.

• After not getting a new contract offer in Münster, Lea Hildebrand has decided to switch to beach volleyball and play together with Anna Hoja (Leverkusen, ex-Junior NT). Both are good indoor players, so it will be interesting how they'll perform on sand...

Schwerin's manager Michael Evers has been unanimously re-elected as president of DVL. He has worked out a long-term "masterplan" for the professional development of DVL and its clubs in the next few years which was also accepted by the clubs of 1st and 2nd leagues.