Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2012/13

• Its not about how many points she made or not more important how she plays in crucial times and what i see she usually make mistakes thats why i think they should have one more foreign opposite.

• Its not about how many points she made or not more important how she plays in crucial times and what i see she usually make mistakes thats why i think they should have one more foreign opposite.

It's a miracle, I agree with you :win: :lol:

@ Tayfun and T-volley

I have no personal problems with Neslihan at all..and it's not about making a huge amount of points... In my opinion she fails too many times at the important moments and she makes too much onforced errors. :win: Her level has dropped..

• Neslihan is still a good player, but not the same player she was some years ago. I think Eczaci needs some REAL alternative for her on bench, Neslihan alone isn't enough for a whole season for a team that wants to win titles. The terrible performance of Lyuba maybe made Neslihan look better than she actually is, and Senna is not a superstar either, so of course at the moment Neslihan is still the best attacker of Eczaci, but the times when she could win matches alone are long gone :S

But of course, that doesn't mean she has to leave right away :!: There's no need to go to the extremes all the time, and if Eczaci can build a better team around her next season I have no problems with her in starting six, I just think there must be someone who can replace her sometimes, as in Vakifbank there is Polen who can replace Brakocevic when necessary, even though Brakocevic certainly is the better player.

• Neslihan is still doing a good job, I don't understand why she should leave, she will be 30 and won't be younger, some alternative OPP should be included to help her a bit. In my opinion OHs are weak: Sokolova is not at the same level as few years ago and Usic couldn't handle at all. Esra is quite good receiver and defender, but as spiker she also lost some efficiency.
    Congratulations for Vakifbank :cup: team is well-balanced. Pity that Glinka is leaving, if they can replace her by another strong spiking OH like Costagrande wi'll be enough, unfortunately they should say goodbye for Saori, in this game system she's not needed and she got high salary - Gozde/Guldeniz* - Glinka - Brakocevic/Polen* worked well this season (* substitutions).

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Neslihan is still a good player, but not the same player she was some years ago. I think Eczaci needs some REAL alternative for her on bench, Neslihan alone isn't enough for a whole season for a team that wants to win titles. The terrible performance of Lyuba maybe made Neslihan look better than she actually is, and Senna is not a superstar either, so of course at the moment Neslihan is still the best attacker of Eczaci, but the times when she could win matches alone are long gone :S

Exactly. For the highest level, she isn't good enough anymore.

• Yeah Neslihan fails coz she has to take risk coz nobody around apart from her are trying to score.I agree to Matthias she is not the one who leads the team alone anymore but she had to fight alone whole season with such a weak OHs and setters.Let's put Brakocevic to ECZ OPP position she will not even reach to ten points i am sure she would have a very disappointing season.

Both Micelli andSokolova should GO,they are so hopeless.I am still hopefull for usic she can be really usefull with a good setter and coach.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• It is strange to see such Anti-Neslihan talk after today, which was a very strong performance from her. Her service game in first and second sets were the only thing that stopped decisive Vakif victories there. And you cannot talk about her failures in decisive points, Vakif lost all 3 sets because of weak receiving at the end.
    Sokolova always has good receive stats; however, she reminds me of Davis in that she makes horrible receive mistakes on easy serves at clutch times (London, 3rd set today, CL F4 with Fener against Vakif, etc....). She also looks like she just doesn't care when attacking. She should go to a different club that might be able to motivate her better.
    Gulden also let her team down :thumbdown: and Senna I feel did her best, but she is not of a class that can win at this level--she needs to be an auxiliary player at this level.

Poljak did okay today, she had great energy and blocks but was not able to score enough attacking. Asuman is much better than when we saw her last year, but like Senna, needs to not be in starting 6 on a team that wants to compete with Vakif.

As for Vakf, Brakocevic :heart: :heart: :heart: Brave service at the end, and she took care of business all day hitting against tough situations. This was one of the few times that Glinka's reception was really exploited, but I think Naz and Brako worked together to cover it up.

• Mission completed.

12 games - 12 wins in champion leage - 1 :cup:
    6 games - 6 wins in Turkey cup - 1 :cup:
    29 games - 29 wins in Turkey league - 1 :cup:
    Total
    47 games - 47 wins - 3 :cup: :cup: :cup:

It is called domination, pronounced Vakif. :drink:

I don't thin this record can be repeated in next decade.

Bravo Vakif girls!

About the awards, Glinka too should be awarded, just to say her a bye.
    Other awards were not so important, but,
    MVP Gözde MVP.. totally deserved. MVP of the season also.

• t is strange to see such Anti-Neslihan talk after today, which was a very strong performance from her. Her service game in first and second sets were the only thing that stopped decisive Vakif victories there. And you cannot talk about her failures in decisive points, Vakif lost all 3 sets because of weak receiving at the end.

FYI, My opinion about Neslihan isn't based on today's match, because I didn't see a single point of it :win:

• FYI, My opinion about Neslihan isn't based on today's match, because I didn't see a single point of it :win:

Ok. I agree overall that over the past seasons she has been making too many hitting errors for how many kills she gets, but today was a top-level performance from her.

• Last 2 games, Eczaci didn't play so bad, they showed a team performance in last 2 games and this was the reason why Ecz could compete against Vakif, but, it was too late.

Here, I have been empasizing "team game" of Vakif for a long time. and, the best representative of this was the captain, Gozde.
    If you realized, when she was out due to an eye injury during 3rd set, Vakif players played like headless chickens for a while. Because they all were gathering around the captain. If there wasn't re-turbo-ed efforts of Glinka to play the captain role in the last set, Vakif could lose this match.
    Eczaci had been missing this, Esra hasn't been enough to play captain role and to help team become a team.

Neslihan had started to play better than a month ago, but, don't expect more from her anymore, she is old now and there are better youngers, this is a fact.

Also, lets not belittle Eczaci just because they have lost against Vakif. This have lost only against Vakif in the league and in the champions league.
    So, congrats to them too.

• Congrats on the triple, Vakifbank :flower: :flower: :flower:

Not all 47 matches were equally exciting to watch this season, but it is clear that VB-Ecz matches are simply the best.
    I am curious to see the Turkish NT perform now.

• I also think that Neslihan is the last player who is to be blamed during final play-offs :hit: Indeed, Neslihan start to increase her performance after divorce :roll: On the other hand, I agree with the idea Eczacıbaşı needs a young back up opp like Polen. I wish Ceren Kestirengöz who has talent as much as Polen would be Eczacıbaşı's player not Vakıf :S

By the way, I assume Gülden received "best libero" award in order not to give all individual awards to Vakıf players, however I don't get 'best server' award to Asuman :aww: Neslihan is the one who deserve this most with 6 ace at final(or maybe Brakoçeviç)

• The last attacks of sokolova , which has gone out ,were like 'thanks to eczacıbası :lol: Hope they wont make another silly mistake and we dont see havelkova in eczacıbası :whistle: But first of all micelli should go and they should take one more foreign opposite who might play in 'real' not a back up

Glinka showed today how a great talent she is still.Her attacks were amazing and such important.And brakocevic 8o she shows almost everytime how an opposite player should be :!: .She hits perfectly,serves amazing and more important she is a 'team player' :cup: ......She is definetly the best european opposite when some opposites try to be 'unique' with silly behaviours.

Big congrats to vakıfbank ;)

Neslihan played pretty well today indeed.Especialy her serves were great. Brako aslo played pretty well.Senna played pretty well.Poljak and Esra disappointed me.

Congrats. VB for the win..what a season they have!! Congrats. Gözde for the MVP you deserved it so much!
    i enjoyed the match a lot.EcV played very well.They were on the same level with VB.Brako's spike last point in the second set was out but the referee gave the point to VB and set was lost.

i want to see better teams to beat VB. seems Fb will build a strong team, so will EcV and i hope GSD will build a strong one.it wont bea easy for VB nect year.Lets wait and see! ;)

• One problem for the other teams in Turkey is the foreign player limit. There are not that many Turkish world class players, and most of them are in Vakifbank. Galatasaray has only Neriman, Fenerbahce has only Eda and Seda (though she's not THAT great), Eczaci has Neslihan, Esra and Gülden (Büsra is good, but if more foreigners were allowed I'm sure she'd be on bench a lot). So with only 3 foreign players allowed, all teams are forced to have 4 Turkish players on court all the time, and for all teams except Vakifbank that means there have to be players on court whose level is significantly lower than that of the other (foreign) players...

So even if the other teams build teams that can be very successful in European cups, Vakifbank's advantage for the Turkish league will still be that they have the best Turkish players :super: