Azerbaijani Super league 2012-13

• I'm soooo happy for Igtisadchi,they just showed they'll be contenders !

• Very close match..Thai players show they have played together for a long time :flower:

• Nootsara is such an amazing setter. She and Pleumjit together is doing an amazing job. The best player in this match has to give it to Onuma. She is a killer. Both teams has very great defensive and very fast game. I can’t believe the way they play when they are super short. :super: :obey: :win:

• Metcalf played first set and half of the second set.

• At present, Igtisachi Baku has only 10 players (including Carol Gattaz) and Carol Gattaz has not come to join the team yet.

• some photos from opening ceremony :

It is also opening of new arena. But fans complain because it is far from city.

• compare to last year, the suits of every team this year are totally disaster.

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• CEV wrote another article about Azerbaijani Superleague on their official website:

The
    start of the national league in Azerbaijan marked also a very special
    moment for the history of the sport in this country as a Volleyball
    centre was officially inaugurated, a first-class venue that will be
    playing host also to matches of the European Cups.

The ceremony was attended by the President of the Azerbaijan
    Volleyball Federation, Mr. Ziya Mamedov. “I am extremely pleased with
    the completion of this facility that provides all conditions for
    training and playing matches at the highest level. This is a very good
    incentive for all Volleyball players here in Azerbaijan” he said. The
    venue has a capacity of 2’000 spectators and includes also a 6-story
    hotel that fulfills all international standards.

The first match of the national league opposed Lokomotiv BAKU to
    Telecom. Lokomotiv eventually claimed the game in straight sets (25-18,
    25-17, and 25-13) but Telecom could stand the pressure of such a
    demanding debut. Baki-Azeryol BAKU that is set to compete in the CEV
    Volleyball Cup started out by edging Lokomotiv-Baladzhary 3:1 (25-21,
    23-25, 25-19, and 25-14) but the “main dish” of this Volleyball evening
    was the clash opposing Igtisadchi to Azerrail. Surprisingly it was
    Igtisadchi to have the upper hand 3:1 (26-24, 22-25, 27-25, and 27-25)
    to edge one of the sides that will represent Azerbaijan in the 2013 CEV
    Volleyball Champions League !

• Lokomotiv Baki-Telekom Baki 3-0 (25-18/25-17/25-13)
    Havlickova 19, Juliana Costa17, Monzoni 6; Rita 12, Liza 7, Metanet 4
    Attack: Lokomotiv 56% - Telekom 31%; Blok: Lokomotiv 5 - Telecom 1; Servis: Lokomotiv 8 points 6 errors - Telecom 5 ponts 8 errors

Azeryol Baki Baki-Lokomotiv Biliceri 3-1 (25-21/23-25/25-19/25-14)
    : Aliyeva 17, Adlerova 14, Gurbanova 13; Ahidkova 15, Kudakova 10, Popova 7
    Attack: Azeryol 48% - Lokomotiv Biliceri 36%; Block: Azeryol 12 - Lokomotiv Biliceri 13; Servis: Azeryol 6 points 14 errors :white: - Lok Biliceri 9 points 12 errors :white:

Azerrail Baki-Igtisadchi Baki 1-3 (24-26/25-22/25-27/25-27)
    Hodge 21, Flier 13, Stam 10, Wensink 10; Sittirak 28, Thinkaow 16, Apinyapong 11
    Attack: Azerrail 32% - Igtisadchi 37%; Block: Azerrail 11 - Igtisadchi 6; Servis: Azerrail 4 points 6 errors– Igtisadchi 2 points 9 errors

• From stats Igtisadchi is really weak on block area due to their (Thailand NT) height disadvantage and I noticed that their reception is not so consistent. They just made it up on super fast variety attacks and great defensive and teamwork. Also they seem to have very good attitude and mental mindset on the court. I’m wondering how they will do in CEV cup tournament.

• Sittirak 28 WOW !! I guess that number has a lot to do with Nootsara,in my opinion,one of the best setters in the world,her tehnique is great,if she only was taller,she would probably be in Top 3 !

• From stats Igtisadchi is really weak on block area due to their (Thailand NT) height disadvantage and I noticed that their reception is not so consistent. They just made it up on super fast variety attacks and great defensive and teamwork. Also they seem to have very good attitude and mental mindset on the court. I’m wondering how they will do in CEV cup tournament.

I think they will do very well,they're all experienced and as they played many matches for Thai NT, they know how to work together + when Metcalf gets in her form,she is almost unstopable, in both attack and block !

• 3 November

15:00 Igtisadchi-Lokomotiv Bilejeri
    17:00 Telekom- Baki Azerrail
    19:00 Rabita- Lokomotiv

(Baku time)

• 3 November

15:00 Igtisadchi-Lokomotiv Bilejeri
    17:00 Telekom- Baki Azerrail
    19:00 Rabita- Lokomotiv

(Baku time)

nati, this is an off-topic question but do citizens of azerbaijan consider themselves as european?