Brazil - Superliga 2012/2013

• Damn, these SESI x Canoas matches have been amazing! Now that I don't have anyone to cheer for, I hope Canoas beats SESI and advances to the semifinals. I can still hope for a Canoas x Vivo/Minas final. :lol:

could be interesting :lol:
    :win:

• Sada Cruzeiro - Volta Redonda 3:1 (25/23, 25/15, 20/25, 25/21) MVP: William

SESI-SP - Canoas 3:0 (25/23, 26/24, 25/21) MVP: Murilo

Congrats to SESI! Even though I'm not feeling Murilo this season (way too much complaining, plus his unfortunate comment regarding the B league), he was focused and played an amazing match, probably his best in quite a while. I hope they beat Cruzeiro in the semifinals.

Canoas sadly messed up in all three sets. But they played well, although sometimes they really felt the pressure and gave away crucial points. I'm very glad to hear, however, that they will continue next year and even build a young base! That's great for them and for the city. I was cheering for them throughout the entire Superliga and they did well for their first year in the main championship.

• Shit, what a stress.
    Paradoxically that was the quickest match from all, but still partly emotional. Canoas definitely faces a big future, I don't really believe someone expected they're gonna fight for medals this season, especially, that they just became a members of Superliga. However, they should be satisfied of such a performance - being in the top of league for a main part of regular phase, making so many problems for SESI, which was a theoretical favorite of this quaterfinal are for sure positive achievements. I wish them all good for next years of their existence.
    Something about SESI... Troublemakers ;) I would say block was a really helpful element tonight. Thanks to that we could stop Canoas during setballs. Quite invisible Murilo so far did a great job during this third match. We need him so much. Finally Sandro stopped playing so bad... Just need to wait for semifinals and Sada Cruzeiro. There is a chance to beat them, that's for sure, but such a game, as we present now isn't enought to achieve it.

• It's been known for a while now that São Bernardo, Vôlei Futuro and Super Imperatriz Vôlei (Florianópolis) lost or are in risk of losing sponsorship for the next season (VF has even released all their players from their respective contracts), and now Campinas has officially lost sponsorship from Medley and may not compete next season as well. This is ridiculous.

• SESI-SI - Sada Cruzeiro 0:3 (22/25, 23/25 e 34/36)
    MVP: Wallace

Cruzeiro beats SESI by 2:0 in the semifinals and advances to the finals.

Vivo/Minas - RJX 3:0 (25/21, 27/25 e 25/20)
    MVP: Lucarelli

Minas :obey: RJX was a mess tonight and Minas was amazing. It'd be incredible if they manage to beat RJX next Friday and advance to the finals too. They're the last team left that I actually like.

• Cruzeiro poured tears over São Paulo. Sesi and Cruzeiro had the second semi-final match.

Again, as last week, the team from Minas Gerais won: 3-0 to claim the final match. Regardless of the two 3-0 in the semi-finals, the battle was tied, but Cruzeiro used his powerful attacks and serves to define both matches.

At the end of the game, Wallace was the top scorer with 19 points.

more at:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages…olleyball/494484847283524
    :cup:

• Cruzeiro x Rjx in the final :box: :super:
    i'm so sad for minas, but the third place is no doubt really good for their investment...
    and Lucarelli Brazil is waiting you on NT :win:

• Sunday, is the great Men’s Superliga final. In the Maracanãzinho Gymnasium , at 10AM local time, RJX will play against Cruzeiro. Cruzeiro won the championship last year, and RJX was the best team during the qualification in this season.
    RJX has a line up full of silver medallists from 2012 Olympic Games: Dante, Lucão, Bruno, and Thiago Alves. Mario Júnior (libero) and Theo (opposite) were also part of the group in the 2010 World Championship.
    Cruzeiro had just Wallace in the Brazilian 2012 Olympic team. However, the team has the extraordinary setter William, and the Cuban spiking machine Leal. These three players can make the difference tomorrow.
    Definitely, this match could easily go either way.

• Well, Superliga's page says this match is going to be shown by SporTV, but I don't really know exactly which channel will do it. So I give two streams to both channels.

SporTV
    http://www.brasiltvs.com/playe…?canal=sportv&nome=SPORTV
    SporTV2
    http://www.brasiltvs.com/playe…anal=sportv2&nome=SPORTV2

I'm so excited about this match, 'cause both definitely the best teams of league are facing each other in the final. I give more chances to Sada, 'cause their game looks pretty better, than RJX (I'm basing on what I've seen in semifinals, where they totally smashed SESI). But I wouldn't have any problems with Rio, if they win.

• I don't like either team to be honest, but I've always found Sada Cruzeiro to be insufferable, so I'll be cheering for RJX. I'd truly rather have Vivo/Minas in the finals.

• Individual awards:

Viva Vôlei Award: Thiago Alves (RJX)
    Best spiker: Yoandry Leal (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best setter: William Arjona (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best receiver: Murilo Endres (SESI-SP)
    Best defense: Serginho (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best blocker: Maurício (Vivo/Minas)
    Best server: Lucas Saatkamp (RJX)

• RJX!!!!! :heart:

After the first set they did an Incredible match!!! Bruninho was amazing today, well the hole Team actually.

Im sorry Sada could not show their best, they are a great Team also but made to many mistakes today. They played really low their quality, And I feel sorry for them cause of that.

But Im happy for Rio... :) it was over 32 years the city didnt have a champion in men's League.

2012/2013 was Rio's turn in Volleyball Unilever And RJX Champions! :)

• Rio deserved the victory, specially Lucão and Bruno :cup:
    Lucão is currently the best brazilian player :rose: :rose:
    I'm sad for Leal, probably he will leave brazilian league ;(