2012 World Club Championship

• If Sada wins they advance first in their pool and will have to face Kazan. While Skra just beat Kazan in 5 yesterday I feel like Sada and/or Trentino would much rather play Skra in the semis than Kazan.

Stoychev's philosophy is always to fight to win, which can lose you some tropheys but builds mentality and confidence.

• SADA's opposite and setter have better understanding than most married couples :lol:

• I watched the final set of the match because I'm waiting for Rabita, and I have to say the challenge system worked out really well. There were 3 questionable balls towards the end of the match, and one of them would indeed have been a wrong decision without the challenge. Volleystella, the numbers of challenges are limited, so they can't question "every single ball", but I agree that it might easily be abused to get some extra time in some situations...but teams are aware they lose an opportunity if the challenge proves to be wrong, so I'm sure they won't overuse it.

• Yes I know it is limited but as they always say the disadvantage of volleyball compared to handball/basketball etc is that you never know how long it will be. Take this match for example, 5 sets very close, if they use all their challenges then it is 6 challanges at least in each set, too much time extra... but I agree that it is better to have a decision based on the reality then to make a bad decision , specially in such cases when one point can decide a set/match.

I watched the final set of the match because I'm waiting for Rabita, and I have to say the challenge system worked out really well. There were 3 questionable balls towards the end of the match, and one of them would indeed have been a wrong decision without the challenge. Volleystella, the numbers of challenges are limited, so they can't question "every single ball", but I agree that it might easily be abused to get some extra time in some situations...but teams are aware they lose an opportunity if the challenge proves to be wrong, so I'm sure they won't overuse it.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• He made some sets which were really great, like give a one leg ball on the head with his forarm. It was funny to see the face of the italian middle - you could read something like: who the hell thought he can pass the middle from this :) great match!

SADA's opposite and setter have better understanding than most married couples :lol:

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Yes I know it is limited but as they always say the disadvantage of volleyball compared to handball/basketball etc is that you never know how long it will be. Take this match for example, 5 sets very close, if they use all their challenges then it is 6 challanges at least in each set, too much time extra... but I agree that it is better to have a decision based on the reality then to make a bad decision , specially in such cases when one point can decide a set/match.

It's 2 challenges per team per set so only 4. If they are correct then it doesn't count towards that total. The more correct challenges in a match is a reflection of poor refereeing and line judging then teams gaining extra time. The process still needs a little more streamlining because it's hard to know that a team has challenged a call until the camera goes to the judging table but other than a few things here and there I think it's a great implementation that will help the game.

• unstoppable wallace :super:

Wallace is good but today I think it is more because of Trentino's extremely poor blocking than him. Both Djuric and Burgsthaler are terrible . Juantorena must be the one of the worst blocking outside hitter ever. It is no suprise that against Trentino every opposite becomes a monster. This season Zaytsev ,Klapwijk both had monster games against them .
    By the way Djuric must be Trentino's worst transfer in the last six years.

• He will play for Trentino the whole season. (you never know the future for sure, but he signed for an other year with Trentino). He changed his mind quite late, as far as I remember.

Thanks! ;) I didnt know he had decided to stay after all, good for Trentino!

• It was an amazing match I think both teams showed really good volleyball.

Im really happy for Wallace, this kid grows more and more each time. I think he will be really important for the future of Brazil NT, and he seems to be such a good guy, very humble, hard worker.

Also Leal seems to be getting in his former shape now.

• I really do like Wallace a lot and like Joana mentioned he seems to have a great personality and humility about him. But like scarpetta said I think Trento did a horrible job of blocking and defending him. Wallace's approach is so parallel to the net that his only real power shot is angle and if he goes line it's a very easy tap or shot that the defenders missed multiple times. I'd like to see Wallace correct that technical error and approach more square to the net so he can really take a rip down the line. But I think Wallace is a far better consistent scorer than Vissotto or Theo and I look forward to him play.

• The more I watch Trentino's matches, I reliaze what an admirable person Kaziyski is. Majority of the sets he receive is terrible and desperate ones.No wonder his attack percentage is belove 50%. Despite this he doesn't complain or lost concentration.

• Great summary :thumbup:

:drink:

• The more I watch Trentino's matches, I reliaze what an admirable person Kaziyski is. Majority of the sets he receive is terrible and desperate ones.No wonder his attack percentage is belove 50%. Despite this he doesn't complain or lost concentration.

He needs some time to return to his best form after the forced break this summer, but he will come back I suppose. He is key factor in spiking the same way Juantorena is key factor in serving.

• I really liked Cruzeiro today! Great spirit and technical variety to compensate for the lack of height and block, for example. And as much as I liked their style - typically Brazilian and very difficult to play against, I am sorry to say but I just don't like Wallace. Not the person, the player. The only element I liked is his serve because he just can't do much wrong there. His attack technique, the way he approaches the net, the body swing, the hand swing - it's something I really can't watch :D he is very effective currently indeed, but IMO this is because he is not that well-known outside Brazil yet. He needs to improve his technique in the very near future, else he will be read with time and even his weird tips won't work that well. I wish I could see a better Leal, then Cruzeiro might've taken that little extra to beat Trento. But they definitely stand their chances against Skra.

Totally agree with the point about opposites enjoying a momentum against Trentino - it has happened also before, not just this year. Djuric is a converted MB, he wasn't always playing in the middle, it's normal for him to be slower at the end of the net. As I already said, this will surely be Trento's most difficult WCCH. And the real tests are about to come.

• I started watching the match at the end of the first set...why aren't Vermiglio and Anderson playing anymore? injured or they have been sub?