2012 Top Volley International - Switzerland

• i think in order to stop cannes rabita should serve well so that they won't be able to use rasic (their best player) :super:

• Rabita expect cannes to play a lot with ravva and rasic. So for cannes I think the key players will be The outside hitter. With good réception they will need to play fast with outside hitters in order to have only one blocker.
    Hope that cannes will serve as good as yesterday cause Akinradewu and Krsmanovic are very good spikerd too!

• I respect Cannes a lot. It does not matter what are the names of the players in their roster, they somehow succeed to be one of the Top 4 or 8 teams. Cannes always generates very good teams by using good individuals (Bergamo and Uralochka also do the same whereas most of the teams form only more-than-average teams by using great individuals)

• I might be wrong. But my impression from watching the Cannes team the day when i was in the hall in Basel: they have an amazing team spirit. It may sound a bit like a cliché, but they look a bit like one big "family" (players and staff). I think the Cannes management does a great job with their transfers, they maybe not sign with the biggest stars but with players who "suit" in their team and have a good potential to develop over the long term.

• I might be wrong. But my impression from watching the Cannes team the day when i was in the hall in Basel: they have an amazing team spirit. It may sound a bit like a cliché, but they look a bit like one big "family" (players and staff). I think the Cannes management does a great job with their transfers, they maybe not sign with the biggest stars but with players who "suit" in their team and have a good potential to develop over the long term.

You are totaly right. The players from cannes, staff or even the président always always say that the club is like one big family (that´s why ravva never left).
    Moreover when fang is looking for a player, he looks the quality of the player, the level but also the "spirit" or the "mind" of the player. And for him it´s even more important than the level of a player. He wants players that will fit well in the family Spirit of the club and that will give priority to the team before themself. And I think we can see that when the girls a playing together. They enjoy playing together and help each other on the field but also outside.

• i agree cannes seems like a team which only need 2 or 3 very good players while the rest are average and yet they frequently belong to the elite teams of europe

• thats why he didnt want Ortiz in last season right? she is a perfect player, much better than Kozlova/Markievich/Lipicer but probably not passed into the family :lol:

• Ortiz is a great player, i like her, she is a terific spiker. I would love to see some cuban in cannes. I think that Ortiz was too expensive for cannes. They don't have big budget.

• Ortiz is a great player, i like her, she is a terific spiker. I would love to see some cuban in cannes. I think that Ortiz was too expensive for cannes. They don't have big budget.

do you think this cannes team is stronger than last year? because i belive they have better attack in mihajlovic but for me arcangelli is levels lower than cardullo not only i terms of skills but big competitions experience

I don't think she is an expensive player, she is playing in Sarıyer Belediyesi which has a low budget . Sarıyer Belediyesi does not even have enough money to bu good local players, they are playing with Cansu Çetin and Ceren Kestirengöz who are only 19 years old players ;)

• I don't think she is an expensive player, she is playing in Sarıyer Belediyesi which has a low budget . Sarıyer Belediyesi does not even have enough money to bu good local players, they are playing with Cansu Çetin and Ceren Kestirengöz who are only 19 years old players ;)

Maybe because they gave all their money to Ortiz! Lol

• do you think this cannes team is stronger than last year? because i belive they have better attack in mihajlovic but for me arcangelli is levels lower than cardullo not only i terms of skills but big competitions experience

Cardullo was way better than Arcangeli. This year they have a better outside hitter with brankica but they don't have much option in this position cause markevitch is more used in opposite position. Kozlova is playing better and better and it´s important for the team.
    But I would say that last year they had a better team (réception and defense).

• Great tournament for Cannes,I'm so happy for them,great teams,congrats !!

• Congratulations my Cannes :flower:

• Wow!! There are a lot of loves for Cannes! For me they are an enigma, they certianly play very well at home in front of their fans and surroundings which they are a custom too. However outside the central Europe they become second best team. For example; Vakifbank easily manhandled them at Istanbul, but they played much better in Cannes. (It was the same story last year). The definition of a very good team means that a team plays very well on the road and not just at home.
    Also the name of the tournament (Top ......) is confusing. Sesi is the second best from Brazil; GS is not even second best from Turkey, so I don't know why they call "Top" when they don't invinte the top teams from respected leagues???

• Cardullo was way better than Arcangeli. This year they have a better outside hitter with brankica but they don't have much option in this position cause markevitch is more used in opposite position. Kozlova is playing better and better and it´s important for the team.
    But I would say that last year they had a better team (réception and defense).

I don't think Cardullo helped a lot last year.In addition Chiara always tries to give her best and for sure is a better character for the team...

I agree with you but don't forget that Vicka is a so great great captain and player.
    Don't forget too that there is 4 or 5 players (ex Yougoslavia origin) by the SB-Community agents...
    But, yes, Cannes is something like a family.
    And VakifBank Istanbul, isn't it the same (as I remeber after its fantastic win at F4 2011) ?

Yan Fang is a great coach to develop young talents
    On the other hand, they take great players like Cardullo last season not to let her free for another team !

M. Barbolini said after the game:« I newer saw a so long set by more than 40 (points and minutes. It was justincredible » !
    And I saw than an assistan-coach from Sesi didn't give his hand with Cannes staff member (not the coach)Pfuhh !!!! Those Brazilian did not accept this result. Poor poor and uncorrect manBut the girls were nice. I don't want to criticize Brazil's men or women. As often, just the one guy...But what great suspens and emotions !

It's later but here my stats for the 2 finals :Volero Zurich -
    Galatasaray Istanbul : 1-3.
    By set : 46-48, 24-26,
    25-17, 20-25.

Zurich
    : 77/173 attacks (44%). Carrillo (45/83, 4 bks), Ninkovic (14/29, 2
    bks), Onyejekwe (11/18, 1 bk), Klaric (7/18, 1 bk), Granvorka
    (7/20),Voitenko (2/5, 1 bk), Marbach (1/3), Unternährer (0/2),
    Hashimoto (0/4). 5 points serve (Carrillo 2, Unternährer 2, Klaric
    1). 12 blocks (Ninkovic 5, Carrillo 3, Klaric 2, Onyejekwe 2). 25
    errors : 19 in attack and 6 serve.

Starting 6 : Hashimoto (and Marbach), Voitenko (and Grandvorka),
    Klaric (and Unternährer), Carrillo, Ninkovic, Onyejekwe. Libero :
    Rosic. Coach : D. Baltic.
    Gal'
    Istanbul

: 78/172 attacks (45%).
    Rosir Calderon (24/59, 5 bks), Ozsoy (22/47, 2 bks), Gioli (16/30, 1
    bk), Molnar (8/22, 2 bks), Barut (7/15, 2 bks), Konar (0/2). 4 points
    serve (Lo Bianco). 9
    blocks (Gioli 3, Barut 2, Calderon 2, Ozsoy 1, Konar 1). 20 errors :
    13 in attack and 7 serve.
    Starting
    6 : Lo Bianco (and Konar), Molnar (and Cayirgan), Ozsoy (and
    Alikaya), Barut (and Ilyasoglu), Gioli. Libero : Sano. Coach : M.
    Barbolini.
    Sesi Sao Paulo – RC
    Cannes : 1-3.
    By sets :19-25, 25-23, 20-25,
    16-25.
    Sesi
    SP : 44/146
    attacks (30%). Caixeta (16/54, 6bks), De Oliveira (9/28, 2bks),
    Claudino (8/15, 3bks), Silva Correa (5/18, 2bks), Gonzaga (1/16,
    1bk), Felix (4/9), Albuquerque (1/1), Lins (0/4, 1bk). 4 points serve (Claudino 3, Caixeta 1).
    13 blocks (Silva Correa
    6, Claudino 2, Lins 2, De Oliveira 2, Caixeta 1). 21 errors : 15 in
    attack and 6 in serve.
    Starting
    6 : «Dani» Lins (and Albuquerque), Almeida de Oliveira, Gonzaga
    (and Dos Santos Silva), Caixeta (and Felix), Silva Correa, «Fabi»
    Claudino. Libero : Fillipelli. Coach : Curto de Oliveira.
    Cannes
    : 58/148 in attacks (39%). Mihajlovic (15/46, 3bks), Centoni (13/30,
    3 bks), Ravva (11/25, 1 bk), Kozlova (6/17, 2 bks), Rasic (11/25, 3
    bks), Markevich (2/2), Antonijevic (0/2). 4 points serve (Mihajlovic,
    Centoni, Van de Vyver and Markevich). 15 blocks (Ravva 7, Rasic 5,
    Antonijevic 2, Kozlova 1).

Starting 6 : Antonijevic, Kozlova, Mihajlovic, Centoni (and
    Markevich), Rasic (and Van de Vylver), Ravva. Libero : Arcangeli.
    Coach : A. Gasté.

F4 2011: Fener-Vakif GSTT 4-13 at the end of tie break 1/2 final. Vakif' winner C'L. 2013 and 44 victories Just amazing :rose:
    "Léo" flag bearer at the Olympics 2012

• I don't agree with you. You take cardullo because she is a great libero (one of the best) and because it will give a lot to your team, not because you don't want her in an other adversary team.

• Wow!! There are a lot of loves for Cannes! For me they are an enigma, they certianly play very well at home in front of their fans and surroundings which they are a custom too. However outside the central Europe they become second best team. For example; Vakifbank easily manhandled them at Istanbul, but they played much better in Cannes. (It was the same story last year). The definition of a very good team means that a team plays very well on the road and not just at home.
    Also the name of the tournament (Top ......) is confusing. Sesi is the second best from Brazil; GS is not even second best from Turkey, so I don't know why they call "Top" when they don't invinte the top teams from respected leagues???

Didn't they played a great décisive and so important match un russia?
    They can play well in every field. Just sometimes the adversary is just better.
    Against vakif They played the first match away. The only thing is that they took information from the loss the prépare better the second game. It´s not just they are good at home and bad outside.

• Also the name of the tournament (Top ......) is confusing. Sesi is the second best from Brazil; GS is not even second best from Turkey, so I don't know why they call "Top" when they don't invinte the top teams from respected leagues???

Not everyone who is invited also accepts the invitation :roll: And with exception of Dinamo Bucarest, all the teams showed a very high level.

So from your stats, Carrillo would have 50 points :white: On an Italian site was written 37, but I'm easily ready to believe that the 50 points are correct...