2012 Top Volley International - Switzerland

• Didn't they played a great décisive and so important match un russia?
    They can play well in every field. Just sometimes the adversary is just better.
    Against vakif They played the first match away. The only thing is that they took information from the loss the prépare better the second game. It´s not just they are good at home and bad outside.

No, I disagree with you, because the Cannes lost thier matches in Istanbul. (this year, last year, and year before) It wasn't like a close match where they competed but they lost. It was more like they'd been manhandled and I am putting it more politely in here.
    For Uralochka game they won becasue Uralochka lost their nerves. In a way it was expected after all Uralochka players hasn't been in this (do or die) situation for a long time and they are a young team. I am sure Uralochka gained a lot of experience out of that game. Had they played against Kazan for instance the outcome may have been different.

• Nonsense about Paola Cardullo just above :white:
    It was obvious that Yan Fang would have made the tour of the world by foot twice to keep her in Cannes team :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
    Just see some of CL games of last year again (if it 's possible to find them) especially those against Vakif and Villa.
    But I repeat it. According to me, Chiara Arcangeli is a very good choice :)

And now just let's hope that Paola can play volleyball again :wavy:
    Forza !

• No, I disagree with you, because the Cannes lost thier matches in Istanbul. (this year, last year, and year before) It wasn't like a close match where they competed but they lost. It was more like they'd been manhandled and I am putting it more politely in here.
    For Uralochka game they won becasue Uralochka lost their nerves. In a way it was expected after all Uralochka players hasn't been in this (do or die) situation for a long time and they are a young team. I am sure Uralochka gained a lot of experience out of that game. Had they played against Kazan for instance the outcome may have been different.

Too years ago eczasibasi was way better than cannes and lost twice against them in play off 12.
    Last year they won twice against eczasibasi (last year turkish champ!) playing 2 good matches (home and away). They loose to vakif in their hall but honestly on this game vakif was way too good. At home cannes did their best game of the year (by far!) and vakif didn't understand what happen to them. Mentaly cannes was amazing!!!!

To say that they play great only home is not very fair for them, they proove it Many Time in the past winning some incredible match away. (Tenerife, bergamo, uralochka, turkish team...)

• Arcangeli is good as the majority of Italian liberos! :thumbsup:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Too years ago eczasibasi was way better than cannes and lost twice against them in play off 12.
    Last year they won twice against eczasibasi (last year turkish champ!) playing 2 good matches (home and away). They loose to vakif in their hall but honestly on this game vakif was way too good. At home cannes did their best game of the year (by far!) and vakif didn't understand what happen to them. Mentaly cannes was amazing!!!!

To say that they play great only home is not very fair for them, they proove it Many Time in the past winning some incredible match away. (Tenerife, bergamo, uralochka, turkish team...)

I am not trying to put RC Cannes down as you may think, I am just trying to be objective. As you said yourself they put up a very spirited fight at home against Vakifbank last year, a five set triller and they go to CL final and lose 3-0. Don't you think that is inconsistant a little bit? They could have won the CL title last year had they put up the same fighting spirit. But that doesn't mean it will always be like that, maybe they'll prove me how wrong I am this year CL playoff games. :)

• this defeat against Fb in final was just logical and not a shame. compare the 2 rosters ! loosing this final doesnt mean that cannes is a weak team outside of Palais des victoires. they deserve to be finalist last season, i think maybe they overplay to achieve this goal, but at the end Fb was just to strong, unbeatable for cannes and for everybody: fabiana, tom, YKK, luba, Ze,etc... which team was able to beat them last year when all the stars was healthy, in a good shape, focus and push on the same way? nobody, i repeat.
    i wish to cannes to surprise you again this year, even if unfortunely i think that they are unlucky with this dol, with rabita and away game in azerbaidjian.

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• i wish to cannes to surprise you again this year, even if unfortunely i think that they are unlucky with this dol, with rabita and away game in azerbaidjian.

Wow it seems like you don't even believe yourself that Cannes could win a game on the road. I was thinking more like against Kazan then Rabita, but you may be right that Cannes may lose a road game against Rabita as well. :)

• thats right that i'm not so much optimistic about this next round. just realistic : rabita is maybe the most economically powerfull team in the world and everybody know that play the away game at home is an advantage. so if Cannes achieve it will be a big money to make on bet website. thats just logical...and i dint agree with your comments.
    wait and see, lets the team working and in 2 month the scoreboard will say who's right, who's wrong.

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• i have to agree that Cannes' home and away matches are not played on the same level.Cannes doesnt have players like Carillo or Calderon so they are obliged to play with full concentration and motivation to win agains strong teams.for example they got a set 25-10 against Volero but lost next one and coulndt stop a tie-break being played.Cannes's power is desire,motivation and defence and middle contribution.they may beat Rabita at second match provided that they play with % 100.

• That´s for sure. If cannes want´s to win against really strong team they had to be at 100% or even 120%. But it´s not easy to have each player to play their best at the same moment. Cannes can't compete with other team only with their individualities cause other teams have much more money to buy much better players.

• Before thinking to Baku game, there is the 1st leg in Cannes !
    And it won't be easy to win !
    But nobody here said Cannes is an unstoppable machine.
    This year RC Cannes doesn't get any big star of international volley (when they become stars Cannes players sign in a richer team) but the performances of the team are amazing in December :cheesy: as they have been during numerous previous years.
    Now, if somebody wants to make silly and stupid mockeries against this team and its very peaceful and friendly fans, it is only his problem :whistle:

• there is no one making mockeries about cannes those persons are only making observations :thumbup:

• there is no one making mockeries about cannes those persons are only making observations :thumbup:

and petitions too ? ;)

Understatement, iceman, doesn't exist ?

• oh petitions i remeber you were the one making a big fuss about it :lol:

• Again there are so much exaggerated comments here and this time its for cannes.Why? cause they won an unofficial tournament :D sure cannes is not a bad team moreover they play so good with team spirit but thats all.They are not a success machine.Rabita has more power and variaitions and that makes them closer to the final round.Probably it will be a good competition and i hope somebody will see rabita is not just montano :tzz:

• Again there are so much exaggerated comments here and this time its for cannes.Why? cause they won an unofficial tournament :D sure cannes is not a bad team moreover they play so good with team spirit but thats all.They are not a success machine.Rabita has more power and variaitions and that makes them closer to the final round.Probably it will be a good competition and i hope somebody will see rabita is not just montano :tzz: And for Gs im glad that they lost and they saw they r not the best,they have weak points and any good teams use it easily :wavy:

If you ask me Gs were a total the screw-up of the tournament. And Cannes good, no good, best whatever they are, they are a very likable team. I have never seen them play before but now that I have it's hard not to pull for them. Mihajlovic has come a long way since the Olympics where she made no impression whatsoever (to me at least) kinda like the hole Serbian team. And Ravva. Damn she is sooooooo cute. You just can't help but love her. :rose: :heart: And Rasic may as very well be one of the top 3 european MBs in women's volleyball. Cheers everyone and happy new year. Meny happy moments with your favourite clubs next year :thumbup:

• thats right that i'm not so much optimistic about this next round. just realistic : rabita is maybe the most economically powerfull team in the world and everybody know that play the away game at home is an advantage. so if Cannes achieve it will be a big money to make on bet website. thats just logical...and i dint agree with your comments.
    wait and see, lets the team working and in 2 month the scoreboard will say who's right, who's wrong.

I didn't understand what you mean by "wait and see, lets the team working and in 2 month the scoreboard will say who's right, who's wrong". What is it that we supposed to see in two months' time?
    a. Are we supposed to see that Cannes losing to Rabita as you yourself predicted? Or
    b. Are we supposed to see that Cannes winning against Rabita and Kazan? Or
    c. Are we supposed to see that Cannes going all the way and winning the CL title?
    By the way happy New Year!

• I can't help you with how you like to see things; I don't have any control on that.
    Cannes plays with two very good MBs (Rasic being one of the star player in Europe) thay have two good spiker; Centoni and Mihajloic and a good setter and a libero. Their starting lineup includes five foreigners and one naturalize French player. It is not like they are playing with six younf French players who needs some experiance. They have a good team.
    I don't understand why this should be problem for me if I think that Cannes is a good home team but not so good a road team? But as I said before you have right to think any way you want.
    Happy New Year!!

• oh petitions i remeber you were the one making a big fuss about it :lol:

More exactly ...
    Those who have signed the useless petition for Kim tried to make a big fuss ;)

• More exactly ...
    Those who have signed the useless petition for Kim tried to make a big fuss ;)

oh really? :lol: because if i remember correctly while i signed the petition after the issue has mellowed down you have rarely (like super rare) seen me post anything about kim or even the whole team of fener in fact majority of my posts now consists of ecz, vakif and gs :roll: