2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• The Japanese Volleyball Association has just said that it will host one of the groups for the 3rd week of matches, August 16-18

It also announced that Sapporo will be hosting the Final Round, August 28-September 1.

• Algeria confirmed as CAVB representative at 2013 WGP

The 2013 FIVB World Grand Prix preliminary groups will be the following:

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=37455&Language=en

Algeria will face tough hard time to play with Japan, Turkey twice, Thailand (Not so hard), USA, Serbia, Netherland (Not so hard), Italy, Dominican (Not so hard).
    Good luck!!!

• Algeria will face tough hard time to play with Japan, Turkey twice, Thailand (Not so hard), USA, Serbia, Netherland (Not so hard), Italy, Dominican (Not so hard).
    Good luck!!!

'

Dominican Republic not so hard? Look at Olympic Games :) Thailand for me is second team in Asia ;) So Algeria just have a chance against Netherland, but i think, that they will finish with 0 sets.

• '

Dominican Republic not so hard? Look at Olympic Games :) Thailand for me is second team in Asia ;) So Algeria just have a chance against Netherland, but i think, that they will finish with 0 sets.

I'm sorry for Algeria, but I think they don't have a chance against Dutch NT ;)

• '

Sry, but I still think Dominican isn't so hard, In the Olympics, they just beated England and Algeria?!

Every team can beat such teams.

Sry for being honest but it's just my opinion.
    Forgive me if I do any offense.

• Sry, but I still think Dominican isn't so hard, In the Olympics, they just beated England and Algeria?!

Every team can beat such teams.

Sry for being honest but it's just my opinion.
    Forgive me if I do any offense.

Sorry, but they played against Russia, Italy, Japan and USA, so these teams are very good. Of course Dominican Republic is weaker than these teams, but for me is better than Serbia, Poland, Netherlands, Cuba. And they played very well against Russia. They almost played tie-break against them. Great Britain and Algeria were beaten easy 3:0 of course :) So this team is very hard for Great Britain and Algeria :)

• FIVB promised to reveal the schedule of the matches as well as the locations and the host of the WL by the end of January, but they didn't so far. Any clue about any likely locations for the WGP?. :)

• Algeria will face tough hard time to play with Japan, Turkey twice, Thailand (Not so hard), USA, Serbia, Netherland (Not so hard), Italy, Dominican (Not so hard).
    Good luck!!!

Hands down the funniest post in a long time :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Sorry the only scenario when Algeria wins one set against those teams (let alone game) is when they play (Tha, Ned, Dom) with 16 year old girls in squad.
    no offence...

• Hands down the funniest post in a long time :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Sorry the only scenario when Algeria wins one set against those teams (let alone game) is when they play (Tha, Ned, Dom) with 16 year old girls in squad.
    no offence...

Glad that it was the funniest post, Haha!

I don't take any offence, don't be worried.

Let's see!

Good luck!!!

Thailand not so hard??
    Are you serious????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• FIVB promised to reveal the schedule of the matches as well as the locations and the host of the WL by the end of January, but they didn't so far. Any clue about any likely locations for the WGP?. :)

I want to know too, anyone have any news? :win:

• I want to know too, anyone have any news? :win:

The host countries for each pool have been announced
    First weekend (August 2-4)
    Pool A (Brazil)
    Pool B (Dominican Republic)
    Pool C (Turkey)
    Pool D (Macau)
    Pool E (Italy)

Second weekend (August 9-11)
    Pool F (Serbia)
    Pool G (Puerto Rico)
    Pool H (Poland)
    Pool I (Hong Kong)
    Pool J (Russia)

Third weekend (August 16-18)
    Pool K (Kazakhstan)
    Pool L (Thailand)
    Pool M (Japan)
    Pool N (China)
    Pool O (Chinese Taipei)

Final Round in Sapporo, Japan (August 28-September 1)

• Thanks brahmin! :drink:

• I'm sorry for Algeria, but I think they don't have a chance against Dutch NT ;)

I think Netherland can beat Algeria even without Flier、Wensink、Stam!

• Round in Russia 9-11 August with Italy, Thailand and Cuba will be held in Ekaterinburg.

• Pool L (Russia, Germany, Puerto Rico and Thailand) for August 16-18 will be in Bangkok, Thailand. Different venue than last year. It will be at Hua Mark Indoor Stadium.

Thank you to kind Thai posters like Mihoko and volleyball fans like Naa from last year's Grand Prix. See you again in the future :wavy: