2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I wonder what the hell Faucette does in NT. Every time she's in she collects mistakes. Now she got blocked and she touched the net. :down:

A couple of observations about Faucette since I've watched her play since college:

1. She is a rhythm player and plays best when she's on the floor all 6 rotations. With the USA team, she only enters the game with the double-sub and she doesn't look comfortable coming into the game cold. But that's a role that she may have to get used to if she wants to see the court because I don't see her beating out Hooker or Murphy for the starting role.

2. She is most comfortable hitting on the left (at least for now) and is still adjusting to hitting on the right side. Even with Yamamay Busto, she was hitting mostly from the left side even though she wasn't passing on serve-receive. The USA's system requires the left-side hitters to pass in all rotations and she is not able to do that, therefore, she was moved to the Opposite position.

I think it may take some time for Faucette to really gain confidence hitting from positions 1 and 2 on the court. She is playing professionally in the Chinese league with Evergrande this upcoming season, but she may not see lots of playing time if Kozuch is also on the team.

• The newest news:
    Chen Zhan and Qiao Ting will replace Zhang Xian and Yao Di.
    Great!

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I don't think Faucette is worse than Kozuch.. they are very similar only Julian is much more athletic and powerful.. the two of them hit into the block veru often or make mistakes but Faucette > Kozuch every time

• According to fivb.org website - rosters for 3rd weekend:
    Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cuba, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Germany, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Russia, Thailand, Turkey - the same rosters as in 2nd weekend

Serbia - Veljkovic (MB) in, Nikolic (OH) out (injury)
    Japan - Arisa Sato (L) and Akari Oumi (WS) in, Mizuho Ishida (WS) and Mami Yoshida (L) out

Italy:
    S: Letizia Camera, Valeria Caracuta
    MB: Christina Chirichella, Floriana Bertone, Raphaela Folie
    OH: Christina Barcellini, Caterina Bosetti, Alessia Gennari, Valentina Fiorin
    OP: Indre Sorokaite, Valentina Diouf
    L: Monica De Gennaro

China:
    S: Yang Mi, Jingsi Shen
    MB: Junjing Yang, Yunli Xu, Ting Qiao, Congcong Liu
    OH: Na Yin, Ting Zhu, Ruoqi Hui, Yanhan Liu
    OP: Chunlei Zeng, Dan Liu
    L: Danna Shan, Zhan Chen

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Thanks for the site, but that is the first time that I have seen the FIVB put player positions onto the player rankings. Sadly, they still do a bad job, because I love question marks for positions.